Welcome to Gaia! ::

hello I am am looking for advice that you do not have to give if you don't want.
I will be going to Houston Texas march 8-10 and was wondering if anyone had any suggestion to where to go and what to see. many of you probably haven't even been to Houston but I thought I would try sweatdrop

thanks for even reading all the way through heart
It's really boring.

But if you're into the Arts, visit the museum district and the theater district. The Menil exhibit is spectacular and free. It changes- last time I went, there were a few Picassos and Salvador Dalis.

Also, if you like to shop and like fashion, you should go to this street called Montrose. It's the main fashion spot with a bunch of retro stores and things.

There's the Angelika theater in the theater district. It's kind of an artistic thing. It plays foreign and indie films. One that people have been seeing recently (only at Angelika) is Teeth. I'd rather not explain in, but you can look it up if you'd like.

And hey, the Galleria's not bad either.
Ironic Oxymoron
It's really boring.

But if you're into the Arts, visit the museum district and the theater district. The Menil exhibit is spectacular and free. It changes- last time I went, there were a few Picassos and Salvador Dalis.

Also, if you like to shop and like fashion, you should go to this street called Montrose. It's the main fashion spot with a bunch of retro stores and things.

There's the Angelika theater in the theater district. It's kind of an artistic thing. It plays foreign and indie films. One that people have been seeing recently (only at Angelika) is Teeth. I'd rather not explain in, but you can look it up if you'd like.

And hey, the Galleria's not bad either.

thanks a lot biggrin
I figured no one would reply
I am from Houston and my friend you are screwed unless you really like art or science because otherwise we have nothing try the Houston Press for info
wow! two people replied!
i'm really amazed! i thought no would would even read it
thanks a lot 3nodding
You should go to the rodeo

They have a fair and musical artists
Ands its really afforatble
:]

http://www.hlsr.com/index.aspx
Go to the children's museum. lol. yeah Im from Houston and there's not much to do if you don't like theater or science.but a lot of the museums are pretty cool.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff