Welcome to Gaia! ::

Every anime/characters name.
I'm a fan of traditional names, such as James, William, David, Jessica, Emily etc.
There seems to be a trend of giving children Surnames are First names - McKenzie, Devlin, so on so forth.
I personally don't understand it.
Also giving children fruit/place/"modern" names are usually ridiculous.

Katie Price (I'm in the UK) named her girl Princess Tiaami - that's setting her up to get bullied. Things like Apple, Kenzie, DeKira, Keylaysha - I can't stand it. Hearing these Scottish parents shouting at their kids with some new-fangled name sounds ridiculous to my ears. It doesn't suit them.
What may well sound cute as a baby, probably won't when they're adults.

6,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100

I like my name. It's complicated and I can't help but laugh during attendance.
xBubbleTea13
I have a cousin whose name is Sophat. It's pronounced (So-fat) she gets picked on so much because of her name. I feel REALLY sorry for her. Her mom said her name is supposed to bring her good luck, but it's really done the opposite.

Does it mean anything in a certain language? jw. (If it does, what language?)

...I hope all mothers who name their daughters "Peyton/Payton" die in a fire. D:<
ohgawd that's such an ugly name for a girl.

My theatre class in high school had a Princess. She ditched class a lot and was gone for the first quarter. 4laugh

Swashbuckling Conversationalist

10,400 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
GentleHerbivore
I went to high school with girls named Precious, Unique, and Diamond.
Oh, and also CaQweena, pronounced SUH-QUEEN-UH.

And in a kindergarten class where my friend teaches, there is a girl named Winter Flakes... and her middle name is Snow. Winter Snow Flakes.

Oh also there's a woman working at the local Kinko's name Nine-a. Like... Nine-UH only she writes it with the number 9. 9a.

*facepalm*
Lol Winter Snow Flakes. That kinda sounds pretty though.

Beloved Sex Symbol

angelica135
Onigetoe
Actually where I live, the plainer your name the more you got picked on. The more interesting your name was the more people leave you alone.

really? then where Do you live?

Southern Alberta Canada. We have so many different names that the plain ones like Ashley, Carol, Matthew, Andrew, ect get picked on.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Dr-Pathogen

A lot of anime characters' names are common Japanese names. :/
Sakura Parfait
Dr-Pathogen

A lot of anime characters' names are common Japanese names. :/

For those of Asian decent. Not otherwise.
If anyone who isn't Asian, and is named Takeshi, I shall be angry at his parents.

Swashbuckling Conversationalist

10,400 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Katsumi_Noir
I'm a fan of traditional names, such as James, William, David, Jessica, Emily etc.
There seems to be a trend of giving children Surnames are First names - McKenzie, Devlin, so on so forth.

Katie Price (I'm in the UK) named her girl Princess Tiaami - that's setting her up to get bullied. Things like Apple, Kenzie, DeKira, Keylaysha - I can't stand it. Hearing these Scottish parents shouting at their kids with some new-fangled name sounds ridiculous to my ears. It doesn't suit them.
What I'm not fond of are respellings of traditional names. Like Jayms, Willyum, Emelee. and help me, I've even seen MacKenzsee. It's not really that creative if you're trying to spell a name that already exists phonetically.
Queen-of-Sarcastica
I know a girl whose name is Nevaeh. It's heaven spelt backwards...I just feel sorry for her really.

That's not bad at all :/

I dislike names that are spelled so "uniquely" that it's painful. I know a girl named Karryne (pronounced Corine). Just... WHY?!
GS Sailor Midnight
Katsumi_Noir

What I'm not fond of are respellings of traditional names. Like Jayms, Willyum, Emelee. and help me, I've even seen MacKenzsee. It's not really that creative if you're trying to spell a name that already exists phonetically.

Oh jeez, that's another thing that bothers me! Just screams of cheap/tackiness to me.

Eloquent Conversationalist

I aways wonder about kids that are named cutsie names, like Daisy, Candy, or Trixie. Just seems so weird to call a middle-aged lady Daisy.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
I'm gonna rage at anyone who calls names from another culture as "horribly stupid" (has seen previous threads on this same topic where at least one or two persons have made fun of a foreign name just because it sounded "funny" to them). >>

There's some names in my culture (Vietnamese) that gets easily mispronounced. Two best examples are the male name p**c and the female name Bich. Anyone who is Vietnamese or knows how to pronounce Vietnamese knows that the u in p**c is pronounced with an oo sound, and that the -ich in Bich is pronounced like "ick" in the word "bicker". But those two names often end up being pronounced by non-Viet speakers as "********" and "b***h."

(and since my mom and aunt have the name Bich in their name, it's amusing to hear people attempt to pronounce their names without saying the word "b***h." I remember one caller who left a message on the answering machine ended up pronouncing the first part of my mom's as 'beach' xD)

Eloquent Conversationalist

jinc
Queen-of-Sarcastica
I know a girl whose name is Nevaeh. It's heaven spelt backwards...I just feel sorry for her really.

That's not bad at all :/

I dislike names that are spelled so "uniquely" that it's painful. I know a girl named Karryne (pronounced Corine). Just... WHY?!
I think I'd pronounce that Karen. I wouldn't think to pronounce it Corine...

Hot Duck

My high school psychology teacher's name was Blue. I still don't know whether I think it's a cool name or a terrible one.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff