Welcome to Gaia! ::

Swashbuckling Conversationalist

10,400 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I'm not busting on the people who give their kids bad names, but what happens to those kids when they grow up? If they were picked on through their lives, you think they would change it when they got older? Would they be forever angry at their parents? What do you think happens?

Anxious Prophet

I know a girl whose name is Nevaeh. It's heaven spelt backwards...I just feel sorry for her really.

Beloved Sex Symbol

Actually where I live, the plainer your name the more you got picked on. The more interesting your name was the more people leave you alone.

Familiar Poster

Gertrudis.
Giving your child the name Brittany, will set her up for success and a wealth of happiness and intelligence. Having the name Brittany will get her far in life.
I think the names, frank, arthur, julian, jules, and hollis are fantastic names. I hope I can have a boy so I can name his either frank, arthur, or julian. Except I don't actually want to take care of once it starts forming sentenced and is able to walk on it's own.

Swashbuckling Conversationalist

10,400 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
the enlightenment
Giving your child the name Brittany, will set her up for success and a wealth of happiness and intelligence. Having the name Brittany will get her far in life.
Lol I've known a lot of girls name Brittany and only one of them made something of herself The others got pregnant way to early in life and now their facebook status updates are nothing about their stupid baby, and apparently, they never mention their baby daddies.

Invisible Grabber

10,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
I think there's already a law that prohibits parents from giving their children names that will make them an easier target for bullies.

User Image
Queen-of-Sarcastica
I know a girl whose name is Nevaeh. It's heaven spelt backwards...I just feel sorry for her really.

I know a girl with that name too. They mock her. I feel sorry for her too neutral
I have a cousin whose name is Sophat. It's pronounced (So-fat) she gets picked on so much because of her name. I feel REALLY sorry for her. Her mom said her name is supposed to bring her good luck, but it's really done the opposite.

4,600 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
Onigetoe
Actually where I live, the plainer your name the more you got picked on. The more interesting your name was the more people leave you alone.

really? then where Do you live?
In my country, the more unique and strange your name is, the less you get picked on. Most are a combination of the parents´names, but a lot of them... just suck.
I went to high school with girls named Precious, Unique, and Diamond.
Oh, and also CaQweena, pronounced SUH-QUEEN-UH.

And in a kindergarten class where my friend teaches, there is a girl named Winter Flakes... and her middle name is Snow. Winter Snow Flakes.

Oh also there's a woman working at the local Kinko's name Nine-a. Like... Nine-UH only she writes it with the number 9. 9a.

*facepalm*

7,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
I hate the names Mckenzie/Mckayla.
Reallu, can you picture an actual GROWN woman with those names being able to be taken seriously? Me neither.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff