Welcome to Gaia! ::

Empress Yugi
Aiyer
I whole heartedly agree.

I always believed that G-d does not make mistakes. If he creates every human being, and millions are gay, does that mean he makes millions of mistakes? I think not. Would G-d intentionally try to hurt my family, and especially my mother by having her give birth to a son who is gay?

I really think not.

heart
3nodding

I'm catholic, so I know the pain I felt thinking that I was only hellbound.
Aiyer
Empress Yugi
Aiyer
I whole heartedly agree.

I always believed that G-d does not make mistakes. If he creates every human being, and millions are gay, does that mean he makes millions of mistakes? I think not. Would G-d intentionally try to hurt my family, and especially my mother by having her give birth to a son who is gay?

I really think not.

heart
3nodding

I denounced that religion at the age of ten because I looked around and saw what was right and what was wrong and all the people around me were wrong. It also happened that on that very same day that at a church picnic some men from the church were beating on my older cousin and no one stopped them til the police came. When I asked why my family only told me he was living in sin. He was the happiest, nicest, and most generous person I ever knew or probly will ever know.
Empress Yugi
Aiyer
Empress Yugi
Aiyer
I whole heartedly agree.

I really think not.

heart
3nodding

I denounced that religion at the age of ten because I looked around and saw what was right and what was wrong and all the people around me were wrong. It also happened that on that very same day that at a church picnic some men from the church were beating on my older cousin and no one stopped them til the police came. When I asked why my family only told me he was living in sin. He was the happiest, nicest, and most generous person I ever knew or probly will ever know.

Sigh.....corruption.
Aiyer
Empress Yugi
Aiyer
Empress Yugi
Aiyer
I whole heartedly agree.

I really think not.

heart
3nodding

Sigh.....corruption.

It exists everywhere
That's terrible.

I am AGNOSTIC, because although I believe that there's something looking after everyone, I don't want to follow a religion that says you go to hell or the equivalent just because you don't agree with it. I want to be a follower of a religion that believes in happiness, respect, and compassion. It just makes me so mad to be told that I'm a bad person and will go to hell because I am not Christian.

I also have a friend who is atheist, and her parents are Catholic. Not a good match? You betcha'. She told her parents that she didn't believe in God, and now they:
A.) Threatened to disown her.
B.) Took away everything she took pleasure in doing.
C.) Is forcing her to read the Bible and go the Church CONSTANTLY.

Okay, you don't need a psychology degree to know, as another friend put it (Christian by the way), that "hitting someone over the head with the Bible is not going to make them believe."
KoharuOokami
That's terrible.

I am AGNOSTIC, because although I believe that there's something looking after everyone, I don't want to follow a religion that says you go to hell or the equivalent just because you don't agree with it. I want to be a follower of a religion that believes in happiness, respect, and compassion. It just makes me so mad to be told that I'm a bad person and will go to hell because I am not Christian.

I also have a friend who is atheist, and her parents are Catholic. Not a good match? You betcha'. She told her parents that she didn't believe in God, and now they:
A.) Threatened to disown her.
B.) Took away everything she took pleasure in doing.
C.) Is forcing her to read the Bible and go the Church CONSTANTLY.

Okay, you don't need a psychology degree to know, as another friend put it (Christian by the way), that "hitting someone over the head with the Bible is not going to make them believe."

crying That's soooooooooooooooooooo WRONG crying
oy, no one is trying to challenge me yet.
You can follow the bible. But remember the bible is just a book writen by other humans.
Is different to be a catholic than be a christian.
If you are a catholic, just follow you church and do that the Pope says.
If you are a christian, give all your stuff to the poors, be gentle and don't judge people.
Aiyer
I whole heartedly agree.

I really think not.

Exactly, especially by sending a brilliant girl my way when I was really not looking for it =]

Hashem is love.
They also say only god may judge...

by saying what gay people can and cant do you are judging them.

sooo... you're just as "bad". stare
You have a point. The bible does state that homosexuality is a sin. So therefore it is bad. But I do not think we as humans can go around and state who can go to heaven and who can go to hell. It is up to God to decide that. And as long as there is going to be that one person opposing, the debate will never end. This debate has been going on since the dawn of man...
Takumi tenshi
They also say only god may judge...

by saying what gay people can and cant do you are judging them.

sooo... you're just as "bad". stare

Yeah? who am I judging, oh so wise one?
Gaara_Baby_Eater
You have a point. The bible does state that homosexuality is a sin. So therefore it is bad. But I do not think we as humans can go around and state who can go to heaven and who can go to hell. It is up to God to decide that. And as long as there is going to be that one person opposing, the debate will never end. This debate has been going on since the dawn of man...

Fortunately, homosexuality is NOT a sin in the Bible.
In media res
Gaara_Baby_Eater

Fortunately, homosexuality is NOT a sin in the Bible.

Wow... Then all those Christains just love to bag on the gays and say it is because of religion...
Tute Sweet
I believe you're right.

At the end of the day, the Bible (especially the Old Testament) has been re-translated so many times, much of the original teachings have been altered.

If you believe that homosexuality is a "sin" simply because it says so in the Bible, then you also believe that mass murder is justifiable, polygamy is moral and that talking donkeys exist.

i love you for saying this

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces