Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Fairy

11,500 Points
  • Super Converter 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Millionaire 200
What gets you motivated?
I just read a new "100 ideas makeover style" BHG magazine, and I'm seriously about to start an attempt at making a wall hanging for my living room, as well as some accent pillows for the arm chairs.
Unfortunately there aren't a lot of things I can do to makeover my place because I rent an apartment. So no painting the walls, adding glass to cabinets, re-furnishing couches, etc.
But I can do some things.
What are your current/future organization or makeover projects?
Are they going to be difficult?
What will you use?
emotion_bigheart
wall hanging?

what an adventurous person!

can u n0t 's Prince

Loiterer

Totally feel you on the renting thing. I'd love to be able to paint this place or renovate the closets and bathroom, but I'm only renting so that's a no-go. I can deal with that, though.

I want to redecorate and organize my whole place, too. New pillows, furnishing, bed spread, so on and so forth....I can't afford it though, haha. I've just been redecorating a little bit at a time, and picking things up when I can afford them. I've been using pinterest to keep track of my redecorating dreams. I have a different board for each room and I post the color schemes I like and the different stuff I'd like to buy. It's motivating to see it all in one place like that.

King Cutie-Pie

x
            Have you ever been on Apartment Therapy? I swear, I could browse that blog all night. heart Great ideas too.

I'm going to be revamping a beat up end table in our living room in the weeks to come. I need to remember to take photos of the progress. emotion_kirakira

Bara Doge's Queen

Omnipresent Senshi

I wanna buy an apartment and decorate it the way I wan it to. It's gonna be expensive, though.

Business Businessman

I redecorate the moment that I notice something that bothers me. And I love every minute of it.
My organizing is just throwing things out. I do a lot of ebay selling, trying to get rid of basically everything, except things I need and clothing.

No silly stuff.

Salty Raider

16,175 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Trader 100
I don't bother decorating crap right now. When you live in your parent's basement.. you just don't care. XD We're moving out after the new year, and I've got a few things made, and bought, that are in the garage. I want to make sure I have *EVERYTHING* when we move. We lost quite a bit in our last move, we only were able to make 2 trips.. :/ So lost about half of our belongings.

Fashionable Shopper

User Image
Oh, oh, how can you be good enough?

Last summer we started digging to make a patio but everyone just got lazy and then this summer it was too hot for everyone so its still a hole. My bf and his dad were supposed to build a swing and it never got done. I think my bf's mom wants other stuff done as well. None of it really ever gets done. My bf wants to see if a garage apartment could be built but I don't have a whole lot of faith that it would actually get completed... unless people are hired. By the time my bf and his dad get home from work no one feels like doing anything.

User Image
How can you measure up?

I lived in an apartment where you could paint the color of the walls if you wanted.

Ideas for you: Curtain rod with curtains, air fresheners, lamp lighting, christmas lights, black light, carpet rug.

Friendly Fairy

11,500 Points
  • Super Converter 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Millionaire 200
I Juxtaposed
wall hanging?

what an adventurous person!
Haha thank you. ^^
I got the idea from the BHG magazine I just got, they have one over the head of a bed that I really like so I'm gonna try it over one of my armchairs in my living room.

Friendly Fairy

11,500 Points
  • Super Converter 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Millionaire 200
Speech bubbles
Totally feel you on the renting thing. I'd love to be able to paint this place or renovate the closets and bathroom, but I'm only renting so that's a no-go. I can deal with that, though.

I want to redecorate and organize my whole place, too. New pillows, furnishing, bed spread, so on and so forth....I can't afford it though, haha. I've just been redecorating a little bit at a time, and picking things up when I can afford them. I've been using pinterest to keep track of my redecorating dreams. I have a different board for each room and I post the color schemes I like and the different stuff I'd like to buy. It's motivating to see it all in one place like that.
Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. smile
I need a new bed spread too. They have nice and cheap ones at Walmart apparently. ^^
I'm doing pretty much the same thing, but trying to make my own things and be creative when I can.
I had no idea you could use pinterest for that kind of thing... hmm, maybe I should check it out.

Friendly Fairy

11,500 Points
  • Super Converter 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Millionaire 200
The Earth King
            x
            Have you ever been on Apartment Therapy? I swear, I could browse that blog all night. heart Great ideas too.

I'm going to be revamping a beat up end table in our living room in the weeks to come. I need to remember to take photos of the progress. emotion_kirakira
No I haven't, Amaimon. Great cosplay btw. ^^
It looks interesting, I like the before and afters. :3
Ooo! Do post the pictures heart

Friendly Fairy

11,500 Points
  • Super Converter 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Millionaire 200
Dolce Rogue
I wanna buy an apartment and decorate it the way I wan it to. It's gonna be expensive, though.
It really depends what kind of apartment you get and what kind of things you get to decorate. When you look for a place to rent, it's always cheaper if you find one with a roommate or just rent a room in a house. But that way the whole place isn't yours, so if you're looking to have your own place it might be a little more pricey.

Friendly Fairy

11,500 Points
  • Super Converter 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Millionaire 200
Greybriel
I redecorate the moment that I notice something that bothers me. And I love every minute of it.
exclaim emotion_bigheart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces