Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dyslexic Romantic
Do you think highschool drinking is okay?
And if you dont think so, why not?
And if you do think so, why?

Alcohol kills every living thing it touches. Why would anyone (even "adults" wink want to put it into their body? It's a depressant, causes birth defects when pregnant, and brain defects whether or not you can even get pregnant. It kills all cells, and it prevents other cells from growing. I think drinking is dumb for anyone, but do it if you want to... I won't judge

15,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Kiyoshi_Yogi
There is an age limit for for beer so what do you think an irresponsibe teen can handel it???
How a person handles it depends on body structure, body fat/mussle percentage, your over all wieght, and liver strength; since the liver is the organ that filters alcohol.

True an irresonsible teen would take it over board, but that is not the only factor. If the drinking age was lowered more adults would be around when the kid drinks and then through that teach them responsibility. More adults would make kids drink to the point of intoxication to try to get their kids to see the unpleasant side of drinking and steer them away from it through that negative experiance. It may not always work but it works a majority of the time.
It happens and there nothing to stop it. I drink and I'm in junior high. Only special occations.
the age is 19 here so kids can drink and go to highschool. its 18 in some parts of Canada so you havent even graduated yet.. so the commencment is awesome!
it cant be all that bad. going to class drunk is just stupid though
I love to get drunk, but I do it on occasion. I don't go and get drunk every week. That's just stupid. But I think if you're mature enough to deal with the consequences, then go ahead.
It's fine, it's fun. It keeps us entertained. =D
You're only a teenager once!
I dont' think it's ok, there is a minimum age for a reason. I think it's too high, but high school is still too young and imature.

kahono's Senpai

Spacey Nymph

Well, the moral side of me says, 'No, this shouldn't be! D:< Teens shouldn't be drinking!'
But then I remember that I do.
Haha, silly me x]
I don't think it's ok, but it still happens. I don't drink heavily, and I don't drink often.
I think when it's light drinking, like, maybe a beer every other week, or something a little stronger on other occasions. I've not been one to drink until I'm drunk for a very long time.
I think it's okay as long as they don't hurt themselves or others, or turn into alcoholics.

And they definitely shouldn't drive.

I only drank once in high school (the only time I've been absolutely hammered) and though I'm out of high school, I'm still underage and drink occasionally. I don't see anything wrong with it as long as you're somewhere safe.

A lot of the time, the people who think it's so terrible and awful and wrong are the ones who have never tried it, not once.
Responsibly drinking with absolutely no chance of drunk driving afterwards, absolutely! Otherwise...no! blaugh
User Image

Digusting,because they're going to die young .____.
User Image
kids r just gunna do what they want any ways even tho ur not aloud to do it woot pass me a drink
if you're smart enough to recognize the consequences of your actions then go ahead. sadly that's the last part of the teenage brain to develop.
I think moderate, mature drinking is all right. But not secretive or binge drinking. Listen to your parents on this one, kids. Seriously.
its bad......i startd when was 9.....struggled to give it up through high school.....now im nice and sober cool

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff