Welcome to Gaia! ::

Well.. most of this will sound sterotypical anyway.. and mostly this is probably a vent. But I'd like some actual advice to.

None of that 'Beat the kids face in!' (Can't afford to get kicked out of school) or 'Ignore it' (It don't work)

Back in Day School (Regular school hours) in High School here we've got all the same cliques and stupid crap that every other school loves to imitate.. joy. Well, I'm considered a gothic.. probably the only one in my school with this stupid 'emo' craze going on. The most amounted clique would be what we call "The Ag Boys" a bunch of stupid fools who get a kick out of making fun of eachother with sexual or discusting jokes to eachother to get the class attention. That of course I don't care about.. What bugs the hell out of me is the fact that if you look anyway different, they pick, bug, get behind you and 'accidently bump into you' until your ready to just stand up and knock their head down to where their asses are. This has recently been my problem for the latter half of the semester... And I'm absolutely sick of it!! I'm tired of just because I look different, wear different clothing, do my eyeliner different, cut, style and dye my hair different, they think its funny to get behind me in class (out of their assigned seats.. which.. all in all for high school... is just sad.) and do that crap where they talk just loudly enough that you can hear them talking about you. Calling me a freak, a whore (don't know where that came from, I've been with one guy, show no clevage or anything and am currently engaged.. e-e; ) and that I need to die.

Mind you, if that were from anyone that I knew, I wouldn't give a dang.. but I haven't ever spoke, done anything to these people, much less glance in their direction. Its pathetic...

I guess I just want some advice on how anyone survived this kind of crap in their High School.
You won't like my advice for how I survived it, because it's deal with it/ignore it.

Wealthy Citizen

7,925 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Friendly 100
Fight back.
As 'Tanaka Yuko' said, fight back, but also learn to have confidence in yourself.
If you let them tell you that your 'goth' or 'emo' etc, eventually, you get yourself
down and can start to believe that your worthless. I went through that.
You have to know who you are and no one can change that. In saying that
mind you, its difficult sometimes to discover where you belong in the world and who you are.

Questionable Prophet

oh that sucks
and i don't really think there any help for it
unless u want to snitch....and thats horrible , and im pretty sure u already know that
i know u said don't say ignore it ...but that might be the only thing 2 do
it has never happened to me
but it happended to my lil sis ( lil elementrey bitches)
and she just had to wait till middle school, and it doesn't happen anymore
i know your in high school ( so am i....but i love it whee )
i guess U can just say something 2 them
they might just make fun of u more
but it might change next year ( what grade R u in?) most people change in high school. and if they don't then well your just gonna have to deal

huggers
sorry i don't really know what 2 do
My advice is to either address it to them, or suck it up. Honestly, it boils down to those two options at the point which you seem to be at. From what I can tell, you seem to be alienated from the rest of the class for some reason (which I highly doubt is just personal appearance.), so your other options are gone by this point. If they get a kick out of making fun of you, either find some way to take the fun out of it, or, if nothing else, become friends with one of them. It never hurts to have a friend on the "other" side, be it one of the guys themselves, or one of their girlfriends.

This might seem like a difficult or even stupid idea, but if you plan on going to college, being a social butterfly is never a bad thing.

Who knows? Maybe you're more biased towards them than they are of you, and that's just their way of reacting towards it?
Tell them off. It may sound like it would be intimidating, but just as you said you didn't want to have a physical conflict, because you'd get kicked out of school, they probably are would like to avoid that as well. Preferrably one at a time when they are alone if you can, so they don't have their friends to lean on and take the offensive from there (verbally of course)

It's kind of amazing how firm words can really affect people, even if they are really popular guys twice your size (i'm not saying they are, but even if they were.)
well they insult you insult them back, they say you should die, you say at least if i died you wouldnt be in hell with me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff