Welcome to Gaia! ::

i'm a freshman and dropped out the first week i'm going to take that test thingy soon!

best of luck to ya!!!!
Good luck with the GED.
I've considered dropping out before. Sometimes I wish I could.
I was on the verge to dropping out this year .. =(, but I've decided to move schools and there we go everything was kind of fixed ^^;;

But I wish you good luck wherever your life is heading ^^.
Hope your issues will be fixed soon too~ :3

GOOD LUCK!
You can try attending a local community college. I knew a guy who dropped out of high school to go to college, lol smile
I dropped out when I was seventeen due to medical problems.
I got my GED, and I was accepted to a college.that I'll start in Jan.
The GED exam is actually really easy. It's easier if you take it just out of highschool.
I was a moron and waited two years, but I still did really well without studying at all.

Best of luck to you. smile
vomit my heart
I'm a drop out. I left school because of social anxiety/depression issues. I really have no idea where my future is heading. I wish I was still in school, because I honestly don't know what to do with myself.

I'm going through the same thing, though it's illegal for me to drop out. So I'm most likely going to be forced to be institutionalized until I turn 18. :c
Old Pro
I plan on dropping out the day I turn 18. Which is in about 85 days. >.>

Because I hate school, the people in my classes, and I have anxiety problems.

why don't u just ******** graduate since ur almost there anyway.
First let me say that I am proud of you for choosing to go back to school. My sister had her first child her senior year in high school and barely graduated (she was allowed to walk during the graduation ceremony, but she technically didn't graduate until a few weeks later in summer school). She is a single mother with two kids and chose to go back to school this winter. <3 I couldn't be more proud of her!

Let me start off by saying this: college is NOTHING like high school. Yes, you are expected to do much, much more but college professors actually RESPECT you. I am a student at a community college and I can honestly say that I never had more fun before in my life.

It's tough, but fun. ^_^ Good luck to you! You'll be very glad that you chose to go back to school.

(Also, my sister was worried sick that she wouldn't do well on her placement tests since she has been out of school for a decade. Keep this in mind:

Most students get a low score in the math area. My college has a COMPASS test (a standardized test to see what classes you should take) and the scores are between 0-100 in Math, Reading, and Writing. My sister was nearly in tears when she told me her math score... 42. I laughed. My score was 43 and I was an honor student in high school. Don't stress out if you do not score a 100% in math. Most college students start out in a MTH 093 or MTH 098 course (high school level math).

She scored a 99 in reading and writing... after being out of school for almost ten years she qualified for honors college classes.

Best of luck to you too! <3 <3)
Judas Octavious
Old Pro

Agreed.
Vosona
Have fun working in a cubicle the rest of your life.

Yep, i agree with him. You will regret.
Yeah you're not the only one razz

I dropped out in my last year and im still without a GED at the age of 21. Im going to get it sometime this year though since im eager to get into college for game design heart

I dropped out for the same reasons as you. Family and my own personal issues. Felt good not going back to school but now I miss it since its so hard to get a decent job neutral
Judas Octavious
Old Pro

I second that... Just finish. Its only one damn year o.O

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
im in community crap, but i finished highschool. most of my friwnds dropped out though, one went to college, the others just live at home and dont even have jobs.
best of luck to you btw

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
Your_Phantom
Judas Octavious
Old Pro

I second that... Just finish. Its only one damn year o.O

yeah. dont be lazy. just get over it.
If you can, try and get back into high school classes. A GED is no substitution for a high school diploma. At least for most people I know, it's looked down upon and called a 'good enough diploma'. And as far as taking it and then being able to do well in college, it's really hard. People that I've never considered all that intelligent have told me it's a laughably easy test. I've taken the hardest classes my high school offers and still had to work extremely hard to do well in college classes.

I wish you good luck.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces