Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Popular Thread 100
When it comes down to it, my sexuality is really irrelevant. But, I am attracted to women SEXUALLY, but I have had relationships with both men and women. When it comes down to it, I guess I would say I am a lesbian, bi-curious toward men at the most.

I go to an Arts high school. Atleast 70% of the student body is gay, lesbian, bisexual or bi-curious, or at least they claim to be. The school stands behind the notion that they are an open minded school. Everyone there is either a mall goth, a hipster, a scene kid, a weeabo, or a punk. (Very few punks if I might add.) But anyway, point being, everyone is "weird." As in we have very few sporty or "preppy kids" unless you count the 40% of the kids that are from the "bad side of town" and are only there because they got kicked out of all the other schools in the area. (The ghetto kids.)

Now, out of that 70% of kids that claim to be some variation of LGBT, only like 20% actually have relationships with the people they claim to be attracted to. I think you know the type. The girl who claims to be bisexual or lesbian to convince boys she's not flirting when she is, the boy who claims to be bisexual or gay to convince girls he's open minded or not interested in sex. (Surprisingly more common than you would think.)

Now just as a lot of other schools, we have plenty of that type. But we also have what I would like to call the "Heterophobe." LGBT people who hate straight people. Their reasoning usually is "they're not as fun" or "they're not as open minded." And the real irony is, that most of the people who say this arent even gay or lesbian. Or at least it seems they're only forcing themselves into it to fit in. Which brings me to my next subject: gay being just a trend. I'm certain this topic has been covered before.

But is it really getting that bad? That the gay kids are sitting in their cliques only making friends with other gay kids? Honestly. They want to go on and complain that sexuality is something you can't help, then why would you hate on someone who is heterosexual? They're not open minded? That's not what it's about, just because they aren't attracted to the same sex doesn't mean they are closed minded. Just as gay people cant help their sexuality, neither can straight people.

Gays also want to talk about how "Oh I'm gay but I'm a person just like you." but the. They go and act as if being gay is the only factor of their personally. They hang out with other gays as of they're supposed to like all of hem just because they're gay. When they introduce themselves it's the FIRST thing they say. They unnesesarily bring it up constantly. It only can make you think they're dying for attention.

THEN they want to complain that they hate being stereotyped, and they only feed into that. The gay boys with their unnatural lisps. Like its one thing if you've always talked that way, but I know tons of boys who only start acting gay, once they decide they're suddenly gay. And the fact that do many of them hang out with only eachother only adds to it, as if it's expected that they're all alike to instantly connect with eachother.

Yeah, so why are gay kids excluding heterosexuals? What are your thoughts on all of this?

--sorry for any typos, I am doing this from my iPhone with autocorrect and it is difficult for me to proof read what I type.
Because gay people are gay.

Also, how did you come to the conclusion that "Atleast 70% of the student body is gay, lesbian, bisexual or bi-curious, or at least they claim to be."? Did you do a study or something?
Wait, it's wrong to be lesbian and still flirt with guys?

Conservative Vampire

10,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Wow.... how do you know the percentages?
Anyway I know for a fact that there is a place people that claim being bi because its considered cool.
College. And I see it all the time.

Fanatical Codger

The finger is just being pointed at the other person this time, contempt for a certain group of people is no new phenomenon... Anyone "different" will be under scrutiny from the majority.

There's an awful lot of Irony to that when those "heterophobes" you speak of say that heterosexuals aren't as open minded, when they are the ones passing judgment and generalizations.

5,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Misty Moonsilver
Anyway I know for a fact that there is a place people that claim being bi because its considered cool.

Lol they are not actual percentages, just loose assumptions not meant to be read into.
I didn't think everyone was so dense not to get that.

5,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Lievearn
Wait, it's wrong to be lesbian and still flirt with guys?

I don't think you got the point of the post, Hun.

7,550 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200
There's a lot of hate inside the LGBT community, not to mention hate outside of it...Everyone hates something.

Shy Humorist

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Heterosexuals are normal - Axiom

5,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Blazein3D

Are you implying that homosexuals aren't?

Conservative Vampire

10,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
milku pinku
Misty Moonsilver

Lol they are not actual percentages, just loose assumptions not meant to be read into.
I didn't think everyone was so dense not to get that.

Its not us being dense, it just that you presented it like you had data.
Unless you know every single person in your school, this could be completely different from what you guessed.

Shy Humorist

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
milku pinku
Blazein3D

Yes

Dapper Dabbler

One of my friends is pretty close to being a heterophobe. He'll insult people on the basis of being straight, at least.

Well, we used to be friends. Then he flipped out on me for being depressed, after offering to help without me asking; I haven't talked with him since.

Some people are just jerks.

Magical Cutesmasher

11,250 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Clambake 200
milku pinku
Blazein3D

Psychology sees "Normal" as something that includes 60% of the group being studied. So if you're comparing sexuality, homosexuality is not normal.

Precious Hellraiser

12,425 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
I do feel like all of a sudden being bisexual and/or gay has been increasing. To me it seems that a lot of kids at my school are gay for like a month and then they actually admit that "I'm done with the whole gay thing." It's almost as if it really is a fad or another trend. It makes me think that people can actually choose their sexuality.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff