Welcome to Gaia! ::

So yes I've found a baby duck, probably a few weeks old...maybe because it has nice thick fluffy feathers. How would I take care of it IF I can't get it to a animal shelter of some sorts.

All opinions appreciated.
Google is your friend, my dear!
I love ducks btw heart
Make sure to call a vet/animal shelter. Be careful. The little thing needs full care.

'End
Thank you for the advice.
I found a baby duck once, and the vet's office/animal shelter was out of town, so I kept it.
I fed it tiny bits of bread and tuna fish; I also had a really big fish aquarium tank thing, so I made a little swampy, duck environment out of it.
I named him Mr. Squeaky [I was like, 6].
Then my parents came home and we went to the city to go to the vet's.
Mr. Squeaky lived a long, prosperous life in our pond. He was a good ducky.

Go to the vet? Feed it? Water...
Lucine Estelle
I found a baby duck once, and the vet's office/animal shelter was out of town, so I kept it.
I fed it tiny bits of bread and tuna fish; I also had a really big fish aquarium tank thing, so I made a little swampy, duck environment out of it.
I named him Mr. Squeaky [I was like, 6].
Then my parents came home and we went to the city to go to the vet's.
Mr. Squeaky lived a long, prosperous life in our pond. He was a good ducky.

Go to the vet? Feed it? Water...

Thank you Thank you. Well so far he is living in my bath. Actually I don't think hes a duck but a type diving water bird...thing. He has a VERY long neck. So where I live most pond ducks don't have that physical characteristic.
I had ducks. They sell the bird pellets (that's what they look like) at probably a bird shop or maybe an exotic animal store? I know mine LOVED to eat lettuce and would nibble it up like crazy. Make sure it has a small bowl of water too. For fun and exercize, let it swim in your bathtub! It's SO CUTE. We kept ours in a small animal cage (like the size you'd put a rabbit in so it still has room to move around). Get some hamster ceder chips bedding so it can nest and stay warm.

That's really all I remember.
1#Take it to a nearby animal shelter or police station.

#2 Keep it as a pet, they can be really fun as long as you take care of it properly.
(COME ON, ITS A DUCK. WHO DOESNT WANT A DUCK?!)

#3. Eat it. domokun
Okies, get some food (maybe bread or sometin?), get some water (small kiddy pool or bath tub, if you can spare it) and give it lots of wuuuuv!

It'll clean yourself, so all you have to do is change the water and feed it.

Then, when it grows nice and big...

CHOP!

Who wants a duck dinner?

Gracious Flatterer

1,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
ducklings are so cute, I'm sorry , I don't know. Ask.com formally known as Ask Jeeves .com. Just type away the question.
The animal shelter would have no idea what to do with them. I would try getting in contact with a local wildlife shelter.
best plan would be to turn it into an animal shelter if you dont want it, and keep it if you'd like it as a pet. ducks, and probably your water-bird-thingy make great, affectionate pets.

the only thing is, you should specifically google the a care sheet for ducklings, or try to find a care sheet for baby water-bird-thingys, if you can find out what it is. usually baby animals have specific needs, beyond feeding and housing them. if they need some type of care that you can't or don't know how to provide, he could die. =[
feed it bread
Don't feed it bread, bread is not part of the natural diet of ANY bird, and will only bloat up his little tummy while providing very little nutrition. The first thing you have to do (after trying at the vet and/or animal shelter) is find out what species it is, it could be herbivorous/carnivorous/insectivorous/etc, so to keep it healthy, you need to know which it is!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff