Welcome to Gaia! ::

Enduring Phantom

So I can't sleep because of goddamn acid reflux, LD, and it pisses me off but I'm too tired to be angry. Anyone else have s**t like this happen? How the hell did you make it go away? I took Tums, but that only dulled the pain rather than eliminate it. gonk

Please shoot me. burning_eyes

Dapper Phantom

Did you take just one, or did you take two? If you took one, take another.

You may want to sleep sitting up, also. Lying down can make it worse.

Liberal Receiver

What Dan said, sometimes laying on your left side helps quell the burning a bit via gravity's assistance. It pools the acid to your lower stomach and leaves any air towards your esophagus.

Enduring Phantom

Desideraht
Did you take just one, or did you take two? If you took one, take another.

You may want to sleep sitting up, also. Lying down can make it worse.

I've done all that, and got about and hour of much needed sleep before it started up again.

You think it'd be safe to pop another 2 at this point?

Enduring Phantom

Jason0690
What Dan said, sometimes laying on your left side helps quell the burning a bit via gravity's assistance. It pools the acid to your lower stomach and leaves any air towards your esophagus.

Duly noted. This really sucks though, I hope it goes away soon.

Alien Initiate

A big glass of milk has always helped me, anything that's a base really.

Enduring Phantom

Frederik Lionheart
A big glass of milk has always helped me, anything that's a base really.

Any other things considered a base that you know of?

Swashbuckling Conversationalist

10,400 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Don't eat pizza with a lot of garlic before bed. Lol

Sometimes, I drink a glass of milk and it seems to help o_o

Alien Initiate

Uhhh...baking soda, and somewhat toothpaste is your only other bets. Unless you want to start getting into cleaning products but obviously not a good idea. razz
Maybe you could try some plain bread or crackers? I used to get pretty nasty heartburn, but it turns out that part of the treatment for chronic hives is Zantac. I guess it's an off-label use. But I take one when I get up and one before bed, and I haven't had any issues with heartburn. It's also super cheap at Walmart as a generic- ranitidine.

Enduring Phantom

Frederik Lionheart
Uhhh...baking soda, and somewhat toothpaste is your only other bets. Unless you want to start getting into cleaning products but obviously not a good idea. razz

Aw, dammit. emo

Well I ate a small amount of food to help me drink a glass of milk, and it seems to be helping. How long does heartburn usually last?

Enduring Phantom

Alohilani
Maybe you could try some plain bread or crackers? I used to get pretty nasty heartburn, but it turns out that part of the treatment for chronic hives is Zantac. I guess it's an off-label use. But I take one when I get up and one before bed, and I haven't had any issues with heartburn. It's also super cheap at Walmart as a generic- ranitidine.

I might have to try that if it doesn't go away soon.

Enduring Phantom

GS Sailor Midnight
Don't eat pizza with a lot of garlic before bed. Lol

Sometimes, I drink a glass of milk and it seems to help o_o

All I had was a salad, guess the dressing the made was a b***h to digest. gonk

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Zantac. Use it if you're able to. It's my best friend.

Alien Initiate

It depends really, I get heartburn a lot at night and it usually lasts until I fall asleep. Other times I take some tums or drink a glass of milk and it goes away after a bit. It could last a half hour, it could last a few hours, I guess there's really no way to tell. emotion_8c

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff