Welcome to Gaia! ::

Precious Hellraiser

12,425 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
Stahlherz
britt1110
I hear changing names is hard though... at least thats what my mom acts like stare

The process is tedious and relatively costly, but it isn't hard by any means. I could answer any questions you may have about it, since I changed my own name legally some time ago.

It shouldn't cost that much though...right? All I need to do is get rid of my last name since I have neither of my parents name... Shady b*****d -__- And since the chances of me getting married or close to none I don't think I want to wait that long...
You should get it changed to "Dongiv Afuk."

Quotable Conversationalist

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Your name is Meridian? Why would you want to change a name as cool and awesome as that?

Anyway, here are some names I really like. Would I name my kids these names? I don't know. They're a little eccentric, but here you go.
Adrienne
Anneka
Aurelai
Avline
Brielle
Cecilia
Chrysandra
Chrystelle
Corinne
Danika
Eirika
Eveline
Genevieve
Gwyneviere
Hailey
Heather
Holly
Janessa
Janica
Lorelei
Lorraine
Lynette
Morganna
Parvati
Stacy
Tara
Taryn
Velouria
Vera
Veraleigh
Verity

Romantic Lover

12,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Chani. It means favor, grace in the Hebrew language.
Ghosty Pie
Change your first name to Captain
lol.
I woud try to keep your name semi-professional because a lot of employers will not hire you if you have a name that is totally out there.......

Tipsy Codger

Jason0690
kuriheartsyou
Way to just disgrace your parents by changing the name they thought long and hard about for you. What a slap in the face to them. emotion_facepalm

._.
Not everyone has parents that think long and hard about their kid's names. My mom and dad didn't even think about my older brother's name until he was born.

I agree with this.
To add on to it, A couple lost custody rights for naming their kid "Talula Does the Hula" in New Zealand, even though the kid was from Hawaii..Some other names that the judge has stopped/allowed include:

"In his written ruling, he said names such as Stallion, Yeah Detroit, Fish and Chips, Twisty Poi, Keenan Got Lucy and Sex Fruit were prohibited by registration officials.
Others that were permitted included twins called Benson and Hedges, other children called Midnight Chardonnay, Number 16 Bus Shelter and, the judge added, "tragically, Violence". Another mother tried to use text language for her child's name,"

Source: 2008 Custody battle
Not all people should have kids, not all people should name them.

Generous Fatcat

8,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
britt1110
Stahlherz
britt1110
I hear changing names is hard though... at least thats what my mom acts like stare

The process is tedious and relatively costly, but it isn't hard by any means. I could answer any questions you may have about it, since I changed my own name legally some time ago.

It shouldn't cost that much though...right? All I need to do is get rid of my last name since I have neither of my parents name... Shady b*****d -__- And since the chances of me getting married or close to none I don't think I want to wait that long...

It usually numbers in the low hundreds. My court filing fee plus the newspaper advertising fee plus the birth certificate copy I needed plus the new I.D. card I had to pay for brought the total to $215.00 USD.

Also, I should add that the cost will likely be the same no matter how much or how little of your full name gets legally switched over; it could be a minor spelling change or a full-on first-middle-last change, and the cost will be the same. Having said that, I can safely say that if you're pondering getting the whole thing re-done, you'll really be getting your money's worth.

Generous Fatcat

8,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
Mistaken Life
I guess some parents just really pick the wrong name?

Hence why I'm an advocate of people being able to call themselves whatever they want.
My mother balked though. She still thinks the whole thing is stupid.
I don't mind. I got my docs, and that's what matters. :3
Bridget is a ******** name :J Do it do it do it .

Generous Fatcat

8,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
kuriheartsyou
Way to just disgrace your parents by changing the name they thought long and hard about for you. What a slap in the face to them. emotion_facepalm

lol oh lawd u srs?

But really, it's no more disrespectful then a child growing up and buying their own clothes instead of having their parents dress them. It's a mark of independence.
I would be extremely proud if any kids I had told me that they wanted to get their names legally changed.

Romantic Lover

kuriheartsyou
1: Sometimes parents just simply pick the wrong name. Not their fault or the parents fault. It's honestly a miracle that most parents manage pick a decent name at all without some sort of supernatural ability to see into the future and determine the kids personality and what name would actually fit the child.
2: Some people who are given up for adoption or are given up at birth and put into the foster system are named by random people who really don't have a damn about them.
3: Some parents don't have any talent when it comes to naming their children at all.
4: Some parents try and be "unique" and force their uniqueness onto their children via their name
5: Some parents just don't care or are morons who will name their kids something ridiculous like "Luke Sky" if their last name is Walker, as my husbands mother tried to name him when he was born and was told to change it by the rest of the family. Thank god, just, thank god. If he were named that he probably would have been tormented, fallen into a deep depression...He may not even be alive right now, there's definitely a chance that he could have committed suicide due to all the possible torment he would have experience because of that name.

Lavish Ladykiller

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
CAMILLE!!!!!

Generous Fatcat

8,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
Mistaken Life

Some parents try and be "unique" and force their uniqueness onto their children via their name.

Yeah. That always struck me as wrong. Kids are generally really eager to fit in and be accepted by other kids they go to school with, and forcing a kid to walk through life with some weird oddball name is just going to cause problems for them.

Rainbow Fatcat

VVhite Rabbit
Jason0690
kuriheartsyou

._.
Not everyone has parents that think long and hard about their kid's names. My mom and dad didn't even think about my older brother's name until he was born.

I agree with this.
To add on to it, A couple lost custody rights for naming their kid "Talula Does the Hula" in New Zealand, even though the kid was from Hawaii..Some other names that the judge has stopped/allowed include:

"In his written ruling, he said names such as Stallion, Yeah Detroit, Fish and Chips, Twisty Poi, Keenan Got Lucy and Sex Fruit were prohibited by registration officials.
Others that were permitted included twins called Benson and Hedges, other children called Midnight Chardonnay, Number 16 Bus Shelter and, the judge added, "tragically, Violence". Another mother tried to use text language for her child's name,"

Source: 2008 Custody battle
Not all people should have kids, not all people should name them.

That's terrible emotion_0A0
How can something like "number 16 bus shelter" be permitted?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff