Welcome to Gaia! ::

so, have you ever....

been caught between religion and what you wanted? as in, have u ever been in a situation were you want to go through with something more then ever but your religious beliefs hold you back?

if so, share your story?
if not, enjoy other the stories being told? D: i donno!!! crying
I'm not religious so no.. The only thing that have been in the way of what I wanted is my mom lol, and I thank her for that now rolleyes

Liberal Sex Symbol

I would love to eat pork without guilt, but my being raised adventist bore into my skull that pork was a dirty unclean meat.

b***h part of it is that I consider myself atheist now, and it still bugs me.

6,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Profitable 100
No. I think that if you feel that you want to do something but can't because of your religion, you've probably got the wrong religion.
Inscriven
I would love to eat pork without guilt, but my being raised adventist bore into my skull that pork was a dirty unclean meat.

ahh yeah, i got the same problem with mine but i donno, I'm okay with not being able to eat pork :/. only coz i got a whole load of other stuff to eat xD
ChandaPanda123
No. I think that if you feel that you want to do something but can't because of your religion, you've probably got the wrong religion.

true indeed. But i must say, if someone were to change their religion constantly just coz they couldnt have that one thing theeeeen erm, doesnt that picture seem a bit wrong? D:

6,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Profitable 100
Dilltallica
ChandaPanda123

true indeed. But i must say, if someone were to change their religion constantly just coz they couldnt have that one thing theeeeen erm, doesnt that picture seem a bit wrong? D:

Well, I don't think religion should tell you what to do and what not to do. I would never be a part of a religon that would restrict anything other than like don't hurt anyone. Eventhat is hard for me sometimes Dx
ChandaPanda123
Dilltallica
ChandaPanda123

Well, I don't think religion should tell you what to do and what not to do. I would never be a part of a religon that would restrict anything other than like don't hurt anyone. Eventhat is hard for me sometimes Dx

if that suits u best then i got nothing against it :3
lolol dont hurt anyone xD....yeah, same here T-T
I think any religion that tells you not to do things that don't seem sensible to refrain from isn't worth your time.

Back when I was religious (Christian), I was constantly at odds with my sexuality. Not just the fact that I'm pansexual, but because I wanted to act on sexual impulses. But it's since come to me that there is no logical reason to be against homosexuality or sex. Some things I can understand having a stance against, like lying, murder, and adultery - most people believe these things are inherently bad and harmful, and there is supporting evidence for that belief, but something like sex, no one can tell me why it's wrong. It may lead to something bad, like unplanned pregnancies, but given that the activity is carried out responsibly there will be no repercussions.
Dilltallica
so, have you ever....

been caught between religion and what you wanted? as in, have u ever been in a situation were you want to go through with something more then ever but your religious beliefs hold you back?

if so, share your story?
if not, enjoy other the stories being told? D: i donno!!! crying

ahh!! yes.

theres not really a story to it. i just wanted to do stuff wiht my bf and he did to but there both christan and think its not the right thing.. so anoying. and had to fight temption!!

Dainty Doll

Sort of.

I was brought up as a Mormon, and it sucked balls.

The religion is so suppressive, and it has so many pointless rules... it drove me mad!

"Don't drink!"
"No boyfriends 'til you're 16!"
"That skirt's too short!"
"Don't be alone with a boy. EVER!"
"That top's too low-cut!"

So I left.

Religion and beliefs should make you happy.
If they don't, you really shouldn't follow it any more.

Dainty Doll

Inscriven

I know exactly what you mean!

I've been completely non-religious for years now, but I still feel weird if I spend money on a Sunday.
Being a Christian ain't all that bad...
True many of my friends think I've made my own branch off of it but then again who really cares? As long as it suits on how I view life... it really shouldn't matter...

I was brought up Catholic and went through CCD and got Confirmed at 16... I really see no problem with the many issues people make a big deal out of... Given I'm against Abortion and for Homosexual Rights... I plan on waiting for marriage to give my virginity away but I'll see if that comes true or not...
Tute Sweet
Sort of.

I was brought up as a Mormon, and it sucked balls.

The religion is so suppressive, and it has so many pointless rules... it drove me mad!

"Don't drink!"
"No boyfriends 'til you're 16!"
"That skirt's too short!"
"Don't be alone with a boy. EVER!"
"That top's too low-cut!"

So I left.

Religion and beliefs should make you happy.
If they don't, you really shouldn't follow it any more.
Eh, yeah, I know what you mean.
They kicked me out though, for being transgender.
a** holes. But I never found it a fitting religion for me anyways.
I then went through a stage of switching through several religions.
Something like: Atheist-Satanist-Atheist-Pagan ish religion-current day Atheist.
And Atheist now suits me just fine ^^
In fact, I'm happier than I've ever been.
Though I will get some crap for it from time to time for living in Mormon land sad
think about it, every reliqion is the same, kinda like chat qames (as an example) they all have 1 qod( maker) and tons of rules and people who follow it, some ppl think its dumb some people love it, some chat qames they make u what u say others dont qive a crap (mind my french) so really mostly all reliqion is the same. as reliqion some reliqions make u eat certian thinqs and do, as other reliqions you can eat almost whatever u want

i just think of it that way sometimes when im confused whee

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces