Welcome to Gaia! ::

How close to dying have you come?

Had to be brought back by paramedic's. *SAW THE LIGHT!!* 0.10215053763441 10.2% [ 38 ]
Knocked out 0.16397849462366 16.4% [ 61 ]
seizure/ heart attack/choked/ hit by car 0.2258064516129 22.6% [ 84 ]
Shot 0.03494623655914 3.5% [ 13 ]
Never leave my house. Have my own hockey hemet... 0.0 Grass is THE ENEMY 0.11021505376344 11.0% [ 41 ]
Potential suicide 0.12634408602151 12.6% [ 47 ]
My cotton swab's hurt my knee.. I need a bandaide. 0.23655913978495 23.7% [ 88 ]
Total Votes:[ 372 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 >

Almost yes.
I had what was classified as extreme anorexia and was hospitalised when my heart and other organs were about to give up.
The night before I went it to hospital, I could slowly feel my heart slowing to the point that it almost stopped.
Needless to say, I'm not too impressed with the amount of funding that public hospitals get, if they had a few more beds, I could have been treated well before I was close to death.
When I was 4 I got the stomach flu. I was in the hospital for 1 week. I kept throwing up and I had to get shot after shot. The doctor told my mom I was goign to die. But magicaly I pulled threw and I battled the sckness! I lived! The sad thing is they gave my mom flowers for my funeral. But the good thing was I got to use a wheelchair to get out of the hospital! Yay! He. When I was born the doctors thought I was born dead. I had to have these things ptu on me to get my heart going. I'm not sure of the whole sotry but I was super close to dying.
I've nearly been run over a couple of times

Creamy Warrior

My mum needed to have a needle or I would have died during birth [incompatable blood types or some noise like that]
I also had pneumonia as a baby, which was pretty life-threatening.
Well the closest I have gotten to death was probably my blackouts. It happened twice, once when I was 7 and once when I was 12.

I'm still pretty much alive and kicking, and hopefully will be for a while.

I don't think I've gotten THAT close to death before though, and don't plan to either even though it is not our decision, unless it's suicide.

Anxious Werewolf

10,650 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Hunter 50

Many years ago my heart stopped and I had to go to the hospital. The paramedics broke my sternum giving me CPR and I got a shot of adrenaline in my heart. I thank them so much for saving my life heart .

The worst part about it was the breathing tube in my nose...it hurt so much taking it out stressed
Lets see...

When I was little, I had my face torn open by a dog. My fault, I totally deserved it.

And I also fell head-first off one of those huge draft horses.

Oh! My music teacher almost ran my over with his truck. xD He came to the appartments where I lived for some reason. I was riding my bike and I turned right in front of him when he was pulling out. Next day he was like. "...So. I almost ran Mary over yesterday. How was everyone elses weekend?" xD He was awesome.

7,100 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
I almost drowned in a pool when I was.. 4.
Thank god my mom noticed I was gone. x.x;;
At my birth i almost hung myserlf with the umbilical cord.
They hurt my poor mother, just to get me out.
eek

4,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
i almost drown...in a pool=.= sweatdrop
I almost drowned before. My dad had to jump in and save me, I got me CPR and everything.
cheated death and proud of it, almost got trampled by fat people, not kidding
Abusive Mana
Hmm
I was a few centimeters from being hit by a speeding car once.
I remember hearing a bunch of people scream 'No no no!!' in our language but somehow it didn't really register in my brain until a car came wooshing just a few centimeters in front of me.
And the light was green and everything x-x

When I was younger I fell on the sharp part of a stair step and hit my back and couldn't walk for a couple of days. I'm glad my spine didn't break sweatdrop

./worried
User Image

> When I was in grade 2 the swimming teacher brought us to the deep end of the pool and pushed us all in and I couldn't swim then! My heart was beating so fast I thought I was going to die but there was so many people that they couldn't see me, I tried to reach to the side but this stupid little girl kept on taking up all the space, everytime I reached my handout she covered where I was aiming for and didn't realize. Then after almost sinking down to the bottom the teacher picked me up by the suit and moved the girl out of the way telling/shouting at her that she should let me through 'cause I mean I could have died! And then I got out, after that incident I became determined to learn how to swim, it was super easy.

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces