Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Duck

I present a question to you LD. Have you ever pretended to be gay for any reason(other than humor)?

I remember that for someone I was dating they asked me about any homosexual feelings. I lied and said yes cause I was young, lied quite a bit, and felt like it was what she wanted to hear. I also may have said I had a boyfriend after we broke up cause...I don't have a good excuse for that. That's shameful. I just found it easier to lie than deal with my feelings.

So I propose the tried and true format of [size=18]bolded questions!

Have you ever lied about being gay to anyone?
For what reason?
If no to the above, what do you find yourself lying about for no good reason?
Do you know why you lie?

Clean Gekko

3,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I lie about whats botherin me a lot
people dont needa be hearin my complainin all day

Demonic Ally

Lied about being straight before
Not real the same thing idk

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Have you ever lied about being gay to anyone?
Nope.

For what reason?
Never had the need to. Generally describing what ills you would do to a person while smiling with teeth should they not end their insistent pursuit of my person tends to be enough to ward even the thickest of numbskulls off. Then again, meaning what I say also helps get that point across. I guess I give off that 'just give me a reason' vibe?

If no to the above, what do you find yourself lying about for no good reason?
Being okay, that I'm listening, actually giving a s**t about what other folks are blabbering about, telling people what they want to hear to get them off my back. That kind of thing.

Do you know why you lie?
Yeah, to get people to shut the ******** up and leave me alone. I can be a very good listener, but I'm an introvert. Prolonged interaction, especially when I didn't instigate it, is very tiring. Also, I don't like people prying into my business. If I did not volunteer the information, you aren't getting it, leave me be, tends to be a big reason. Though I have found you tend to get people to ******** off sooner if you straight up tell them "I'm not listening, I'm not going to listen, I want to be left alone, kindly ******** off." Oh, they'll be insulted, but sweet silence is sometimes worth it.

Dedicated Ladykiller

12,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Hygienic 200
Brain Weasels

^ This

Demonic Ally

Larina le Fay
Brain Weasels

^ This
dont u fookin copy me

Dedicated Ladykiller

12,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Hygienic 200
Brain Weasels
Larina le Fay
Brain Weasels

^ This
dont u fookin copy me

sry broski
I've lied about being straight, for obvious reasons. I don't see a reason to pretend to be gay other than to be able to see the opposite sex naked, or to scare someone off though. Even then telling someone that has huge risks, if you tell the ugly girl that you're gay then she may go tell other girls that you are, and so on.

Doctor Pines's Queen

Thylacine Friend

14,100 Points
  • De-Extinctionist 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Cool Cat 500
The Ice Dervish
I've lied about being straight, for obvious reasons. I don't see a reason to pretend to be gay other than to be able to see the opposite sex naked, or to scare someone off though. Even then telling someone that has huge risks, if you tell the ugly girl that you're gay then she may go tell other girls that you are, and so on.

The main risk of telling guys that you are gay (if you are female and straight or bi) is that it doesn't get them to stop hitting on you anyway. The kind of guy who hits on strange girls aggressively thinks all lesbians are secretly bi and all bi girls are slutty. sad I have had guys hit on me at cons when I was buying yuri and pinups of girls, go figure.
AradiaWindbourne
The Ice Dervish

The main risk of telling guys that you are gay (if you are female and straight or bi) is that it doesn't get them to stop hitting on you anyway. The kind of guy who hits on strange girls aggressively thinks all lesbians are secretly bi and all bi girls are slutty. sad I have had guys hit on me at cons when I was buying yuri and pinups of girls, go figure.

rolleyes ******** hate men who think they can turn women straight, such an egotistical mindset to have. "I'm so hot I can turn gay women straight!", like no a*****e. I don't ******** like d**k.

Tipsy Kitten

I've lied about be gay. Obviously to get someone to stop hitting on me.
My best friend is gay and when we're out and about together she's given me permission to be together. Some times when she's getting hit on she uses it too, whether or not it's from a guy or from another chick she has no interest in.

Liberal Receiver

I've lied about not being gay.
I wanted acceptance from my grandfather, who is very much an a*****e christian that thinks gays are just mentally ******** up and need to be cured.

Usually what I lie about for no really good reason is whether or not I'm actually interested in something. It's just easier to pretend to be interested and move on, rather than explaining why I hate, dislike, or have no interest in - ironically for the same reason some lesbians never tell anyone they're a lesbian - the thought process that you can be fixed or persuaded with enough time.

Despite this, I still have no interest in dubstep, despite a family friend trying their hardest to get me to like it.

Alternatively, it's when I've corrected someone more than seven times and they don't bother retain it. Like correcting the same family friend that emo is not a sub genre of Goth, but a sub genre of punk or post-punk, known as emotive hardcore. So emo is more a cousin to Goth than it's child.

So, basically when I lie, I'm doing it just to save me the aggravation.
I've pretended to be bi when really I mean I like dickgirls.

Fashionable Hunter

I generally weigh whether the truth or a lie works better in a situation. If the person I'm talking to doesn't seem receptive to the truth, I go for an obfuscation.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff