Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mega Friend

My dad's last week of rehab is fast approaching, and he told me he's going to start "moderately drinking" (psh) once he leaves rehab. He's what someone referred to as a "late stage alcoholic" and has an an entire laundry list of life threatening medical problems due to his years of daily, heavy drinking. Hearing him say that just crushed me… he doesn't know what "moderate" even means. I've not once ever seen him sober, and theres a very real possibility he's going to die very soon. I can't ******** handle this kind of thing anymore- I don't know anybody who understands it. All I want to do is talk, since I really can't do anything else about it. Whenever I've tried, though, people seem (understandably!) uncomfortable, so I stop and shut up.

I was looking online and saw an AlAnon webpage. Has anybody ever gone? What's the structure? Did you feel good after going?

Thank you~

Luminosus's Wife

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

15,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
I sent you a PM! xd

Borg

I haven't gone, but if anyone needs it, you do. Please go. I've had friends who've gone and found it helpful.

It sounds like this has taken a hellish toll on you over the years, and this "oh, I'm going to start moderately drinking" statement...ugh, what a s**t thing to say to you. emotion_hug

You need to know you're not alone, and you need some people who won't avoid you if you need to talk.

Let us know how it goes, OK?

Mega Friend

spacekitten
I sent you a PM! xd

Yes, and thank you! whee

Mega Friend

raggedy grrl
I haven't gone, but if anyone needs it, you do. Please go. I've had friends who've gone and found it helpful.

It sounds like this has taken a hellish toll on you over the years, and this "oh, I'm going to start moderately drinking" statement...ugh, what a s**t thing to say to you. emotion_hug

You need to know you're not alone, and you need some people who won't avoid you if you need to talk.

Let us know how it goes, OK?

Thanks so much! emotion_hug I really appreciate it a ton.
And sounds like I should try it out. Just seeing other people in a similar situation would probably be good.

Spoopy Kitten

My mom used to go, but for smoking. She was having a hard time quitting after 40 years of smoking, so she want to AA. No one asked why she was there, so they just assumed she was an alcoholic too. There were a lot of different groups in the area, but she only liked a select few of them. One thing they all had in common was, if you quit, you cannot start again. Not even a swallow

My moms exboyfriend was an alcoholic. It got bad enough he almost killed himself over booze. After years of AA, he still cant even be around it. Not in the same room. Not in the same house

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff