Welcome to Gaia! ::

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
avoiding or ignoring the pain, sorrow, hatred, fear, horror, grief, and stress of life will not, contrary to popular belief, make you happy.

you have to take the good with the bad. avoiding negativity is just the opposite extreme to focusing solely on it. it's still an obsession.

good and bad exist in balance. try to embrace the full range of emotion and experience. you'll be glad you did. it's painful, but it's worthe it. because the more pain and grief and suffering in the world, the more meaningful and valuable even the smallest amount of happiness and goodness becomes.

Seeker

Sekerai
Let's speak life. The happiest people are usually my teachers of life. Bring me some hope.

hahaha do whatever you want. and if you can't do it, set goals for it xDDD and you'll be happy.

And if you don't know what you want… try a little bit of everything. Test your boundaries! Push it ~ Then eventually you'll be happy razz

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far it is possible to go."

HAHAHA at least that's it goes for me!! (probably different for everyone)

Anxious Seeker

I have the most amazing job while I wait for college, I basically get to play and get paid. And dogs teach me a LOT of things life loving worthy. So I basically NEVER have a bad day and its moving towards what I want career wise.

I have an amazing bf who I get to love and encourage, and be with everyday.

Usually the happiest people don't always have the best things, but they make the best of things
And smile knowing it. (: Just moving towards goals is always happy making for me. (:

Dangerous Bloodsucker

Do what you want and not what you're told (unless what they tell you to do is something you already want to do). Don't become a sheep just cuz you think it'll make other people happy. Don't let other people's opinions keep you from doing what you really want. Look out for number one and be open to all other ways of living.

Kawaii Gaian

7,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Millionaire 200
I'm happy with my guy, but overall in life...not so much

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
DarkAmaraRose
I'm happy with my guy, but overall in life...not so much

I'd suggest deeply and thoroughly considering why that is. give your life a complete analyses. an examination.
I'm not really sure what you want me to say but I'm happy. I have a good partner who supports and loves me, a strong support group of friends, I'm building a career and can mostly support myself. I wish I had more financial stability and didn't have to work multiple jobs, but I think both of those things will come with time.

King Cutie-Pie

x
            I'm not really sure what I can do or say to help but I guess you can ask questions? surprised

Though I think my way of staying happy is to just be chill about everything.

Spoopy Kitten

Im currently very happy where my life is at, even though i complain about many aspects of it. TL;DR at the bottom of the page

By no means did i live the perfect life so far. Im 19 now and have lived through every type of abuse. Most of it was caused by an ex. I dont want to go into details about what happened. I do suffer from ptsd from it. My mom n dad divorced when i was younger, but it had no effect on me. I rarely saw my dad as a dad, and still rarely see him as such even though he is making a better effort now. Ive always had countless amounts of problems, both mental and physical. I had a major spinal surgery exactly a week after my 15 birthday. I lost 12 pints of blood total through it all; needles were pinned all over my body pumping someones blood into me as the surgery was going on. The doctor hit a few nerves, and i could have easily been paralyzed. Luckily, he didnt damage those nerves too bad, though my movement is very limited now. I had two rods and 21 hooks, screws, and needles from the bottom of my neck to the top of my pelvic bone. I have pain nearly all over and am prescribed hard drugs - but only when i ask. I really dislike the use of drugs, even if doctor recommended, so i try to find other ways to help first. On top of this, my kidneys are bleeding. A few of my other organs do now and then, depending a lot on stress levels. Did i mention i have terrible anxiety and ptsd? Because of my internal bleeding and the way my body is reacting to things, i have to be blood tested for several cancers every few months. I also have high blood pressure which doesnt help any of these issues. Due to all of my medical problems, i dropped out of high school as a junior. My body is a walking time bomb at age 19, and i couldnt be happier

I used to be very depressed, namely due to my ongoing abuse at the time. I would attempt suicide on almost a weekly bases. I would self harm several times a day. I would bring razors to school with me and hide them in my sleeve in case i felt the need. I was ready to end it all, but each time something would stop me. I cant explain it, but i would often feel something holding me back from succeeding in my suicide attempts, or holding me back from cutting a little too deep. I slowly started pulling myself out of this depression by looking to the future. I was far from cured, but i finally found a start. In high school, i met a wonderful boy. It started off terribly, with me daring a friend to kiss him at the school dance. I didint know his name, and he didnt know mine. A week later we met again at the anime club at our school. We didnt talk besides a few sentences back and forth now and then. We were mostly silent. But we cuddled. Mind you, i have a fear of touch and an over sensitivity disorder that makes me feel disgusting and grimmy when i even so much as hug someone. And there i was, cuddling with a guy i briefly met days before. To this day, i dont think he knows how much this feeling ment to me. We quickly became best friends. I spilled my guts to him about my abuse as i was still in contact with my abuser [long story, ill explain that too if youd like]. My new best friend pulled me out of the abusive situation and helped me stand on my own two feet again. He helped me rebuild who i am and never judged me along the way. We began dating soon after. I simply told him he was/is mine. We are now living together, over 4 years later, in his parents house. My mom moved across country and my boyfriend didnt want me to go with. I didnt want to live with my dad, so his family took me in. As much as his family pisses me off on a daily basis, im grateful they let me stay here

TL;DR
When things get hard, i look to the future. Looking to the future helped push away my suicidal feelings and brought me to the man i love. My next goal in life is to move into a little place with him as he finishes up college and looks for a better job. My ultimate goal in life currently, is to live with him on a little ranch/farm up in canada. We want a beautiful small home with a gorgeous yard, a rock and sand garden with a pond, small a few small crop fields, and a small amount of animals. A goal added onto that, id love to own a breakfast only restaurant one day where id be the head chef. We would pay our workers wonderfully and would treat them like family. All of our crops would be put into this restaurant, and most of the profit it makes would go to different charities

Thirteenth Prophet

x
x

I don't think I'd use the term happy.
Because there are a lot of things about my life at the moment that I'm not happy with.
I'd say I'm content for now- but I know things are going to have to change.

XNevermoreX's Husbando

Obsessive Enthusiast

“Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.” ― Walt Whitman

Pretty much what I go by on every, single day... and no doubt I was able to obtain my own happiness from it.
I don't let the bad things keep me down or stupid drama from family/work from interfering with my bliss.
I look confidently into the future and keep on finding new inspirations to make it better!
Of course, there might be times I might falter and keep myself in the shadows but those are just basic mortal weaknesses.
Otherwise, I'm a firm believer if someone doesn't like the life that they are leading---that they can change it!
So far so good. Trying to enjoy each moment as much as I can.

Magical Tree

Happiness is fleeting. It's an emotion. Comes and goes.

Contentment & joy aren't though. It's choosing to not feel down or victimized.

If you can laugh even on bad days - then you're at least on your way to being in a good place emotionally.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff