Your friend sounds like a c**t.

Enduring Survivor

17,575 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Kinny Fear
Bokee Gngr
I don't think it is racist. I think it can be made into such. I knew a child who really wanted to be a Chief for halloween because they liked the colors of the costume they found. The child was three years old. I don't think that child chose that outfit to lump anyone into a catagory or to be racist. I think they liked the color and saw a Chief as being someone powerful and awesome.
User Image

just bc you don't intend to offend someone doesn't make you immune from being offensive. the fact that the costume exists is offensive, btw. not that a toddler is wearing it, whatever their skintone.

I know some people believe one can be "accidentally racist." I do not. I believe racism to be an active form of bigotry and prejudice. One can't be racist if they are not racist. If we were to say that no one could wear anything another culture wears without being racist then we would have to assume any race other than whites could not dress what the white majority has deemed "socially mainstream." We would have to carry this over to sexism as well which means that in America women are sexist if they wear pants while people in several Asian countries are sexist if their men wear pants.
be a sheet ghost

everybody ******** loves a sheet ghost

Destitute Smoker

3,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Wall Street 200
Kinny Fear
Phantom Wang Syndrome
SEXY EVERYTHING FOR HALLOWEEN
User Image

sexy arthur dent

edgar allen hoe

Chatty Smoker

apathetic frost184
I hate all SJW, their entire thesis is retarded let alone the arguments they try to support it with

This. I can't handle those idiots.

Anyway, I don't think it's racist. Is it sexist when a guy dresses up as a girl with stereotypical skanky clothes and blonde hair and excessive makeup? No, it's just fun. I always thought the sexy Geisha and Native American (and I'm part Cherokee) were cute. They're not making fun of a culture or taunting it. They just think it's pretty. In fact, I REALLY liked ancient Egyptian culture in middle school and was Cleopatra for Halloween. I generally had a love for the culture and that's why I chose that costume.

I can't handle those people and delete them from my friend's list. That's why I didn't see any of those shitty articles this year to get all angry over. F that. People need to chill out. If a black person used white makeup and pretended to be a nerdy white guy I wouldn't think it was racist. I would think it was funny.

Super Fairy

11,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
my bf is majority native and i'm asian. i don't consider asian traditional or cultural attire as racist. my bf thinks it's stupid when ppl dress as indians w/ a shaman headdress (feather headdress) bc it's kinda like dressing up as the pope or a priest.

i don't rly care tho. it's just a costume.

Benevolent Smoker

If I wanna dress up as a nazi it's my god given right!
Dude. It's Halloween. It's not to be taken seriously. If your dumbass friend thinks Halloween is racist show her some cosplaying.

Interesting Phantom

Some are offensive and some are not. Obviously racist and offensive ones like racial caricatures are... obviously out of the question. Same with costumes of evil racist people.

I think costumes like the Cleopatra ones or the sexy Asian costumes are pretty.
Honestly, I think your friend sounds very insecure about their ethnicity.
And I agree. It's only racist if you MAKE it racist.
I've never understood why costumes that represent a certain culture/nation are considered offensive. I mean generally, not when they are made in a way that makes it obvious that the person wanted to present it as offensive. Also if someone's costume is from an ethnicity where people tend to have a certain kind of appearance, why would it be wrong to use a wig or some make up to change the skin tone?

And this similar kind of issues, like e.g. some consider if offensive that in a movie from Middle East the people have dark skin or in a movie from a European country they are white? even though it represents accurately what most of the inhabitants look like. Like they want to deny the fact that different nations tend to have a different kind of appearance, to some extent. rolleyes
Ametrin
I've never understood why costumes that represent a certain culture/nation are considered offensive. I mean generally, not when they are made in a way that makes it obvious that the person wanted to present it as offensive. Also if someone's costume is from an ethnicity where people tend to have a certain kind of appearance, why would it be wrong to use a wig or some make up to change the skin tone?

And this similar kind of issues, like e.g. some consider if offensive that in a movie from Middle East the people have dark skin or in a movie from a European country they are white? Even though it represents accurately what most of the inhabitants look like. Like they want to deny the fact that different nations tend to have a different kind of appearance, to some extent. rolleyes

I guess they say it's offensive because it inaccurately displays people of that race and say it's racist so movies play it safe and just use white people. I hate how pc everything is and people are just ready to pounce on something and make a big deal of it. People are dying to be offended.
Oblivious Orgasm
Honestly, I think your friend sounds very insecure about their ethnicity.
And I agree. It's only racist if you MAKE it racist.

The thing is that she's white, too. And also hate a boyfriend who's white. When she says things like, " ******** the privileged white men! GRR white privilege!" I don't know what to think anymore. Like when she made this post saying something like," Beethoven was black! Screw these rich white men!" I had to walk her down with the history of Beethoven's heritage and whitewashing and why there were so many white people in Germany in the ******** 1700's.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff