Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3
  Delete

Do you think it's acceptable for a guy to hit a woman?

Yes. 0.12068965517241 12.1% [ 14 ]
No. 0.46551724137931 46.6% [ 54 ]
Depends, what'd she do? 0.41379310344828 41.4% [ 48 ]
Total Votes:[ 116 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

doctor whogivesadamn
brutal palm tree massacre
rinkutan
brutal palm tree massacre
rinkutan
No one of either gender should resort to physical violence in any situation aside from self-defense. Women shouldn't beat the crap out of their husbands any more than husbands should beat their wives.

The double standard associated with this situation(when people think it is "okay" for a woman to hit a man, but not vice versa) does have a solid reasoning behind it - women are typically less naturally physically strong and heavy when compared to men, and it is easy for a man to abuse this power. That being said, there are some women who can kick the average man's a**... and either way, no one should be hitting anyone.

*either sex

The only thing I can gather from your "correction" is that you are criticizing my failure to include sensitivity towards various gender identities (which is pretty touchy). If that is the case, your point is irrelevant because no person should physically abuse any other person, regardless of biological sex, gender identity, or sexual orientation.

what?
no, the correct term in the context is "no one of either sex should resort to physical violence"
not "no one of either gender"

... Grammatically? I don't see why it would matter.
You must be very bored.

No, as in, you're using the wrong term by definition.
It's like me calling a banana an apple because they're both fruits and it doesn't really matter.

6,850 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Contributor 150
No one should hit each other. Period.
Gonecrazy12345
Ranallo Jenner
Gonecrazy12345
ButWhyArentYouNaked
Gonecrazy12345
This should be interesting, there was just a thread a girl made where she said she punched a guy in the face and broke his nose and at least half of the people who replied said that it was okay for him to be physically assaulted like that.

Oh really? I just think it was an interesting discussion to begin with.
Personally I figure that self defense is one thing, but hitting anyone in generally speaking is not so lovely. The guy on girl thing.. unless that girl is absolutely raising hell, and beating some guy up... I don't know.. I don't see why someone couldn't just walk away from the situation at hand. Most men I know are well aware that they're stronger than most women though.

Yeah you said this has something to do with your life so I know this has nothing to do with that other thread.

Yeah basically what happened in the other thread was that some guy said something that the girl (who made the thread) found really offensive so she walked up to him and punched him in the face and broke his nose. He didn't do anything at all that could be considered to justify self defense on her part, yet at least half of the people who replied to her in the thread said that she was justified in what she did to the guy.

I just think it'll be interesting if those same people who said that in that thread will post in this thread. It will be interesting to see what they say, I'm pretty sure what they won't say is that a man is justified in punching a girl in the face and breaking her nose if she says something he thought was really offensive. Double standard and yet these people are probably the same people who preach equal rights. It's truly astounding how obviously biased and hypocritical people can be and be totally oblivious to it.

Did you read what was said to the person? It was a borderline threat if someone construed it as such, and was a form of sexual harassment at that.

No it wasn't a threat, it was a joke. Stop trying to make excuses for women who are violent against men.

It was an inappropriate remark that could have easily been misconstrued as a threat. And given its nature, people in work places and schools have been fired and expelled for saying things like that.

I'm still not sure if the person's punch was entirely inappropriate or not, but it certainly did not warrant a lawsuit punishable by a fine. If anything, both of them should have gotten in trouble at school and by their parents, not necessarily taken to court.
People always say that "nobody should be hitting anyone" in these threads but I believe that this does not address the central problem. Even though nobody should be hitting anyone, many people still feel as if its worse for a man to hit a woman than for a man to hit a man. Or its worse for a man to hit a woman than for a woman to hit a man. This is the type of belief that leads to inequality. heart
I don't think it's acceptable for anyone to hit anyone, unless of course it's in self defense.
oHoN
People always say that "nobody should be hitting anyone" in these threads but I believe that this does not address the central problem. Even though nobody should be hitting anyone, many people still feel as if its worse for a man to hit a woman than for a man to hit a man. Or its worse for a man to hit a woman than for a woman to hit a man. This is the type of belief that leads to inequality. heart

Men and women should be treated equally. Having said that,most women don't have the same strength or body type as a man. Does that make them unequal? Yes in that sense, yes, unless he is a bodybuilder. That still doesn't give people the right to be all like "Well if women want to be treated equal we should be able to hit them too, hehehehe." rolleyes

Although no one should be hitting anyone, out of anger or to just be a d**k or any other reason other then self defense, shouldn't be hitting anyone, male or female. The only time its okay is in self defense. In regards to women, walk away if a women is trying to hit you or even if she does, if there is for some reason no way to get away, restrain her. If she has a knife or gun or anything else that is dangerous then go ahead and hit her or any other forms of self defense. I bet seeing that people are like, 'Oh well, why is it okay for her to hit him but he has to walk away?' Well, lets see, a man hitting a women would most likely hurt her more.. doesn't make it right that she hit you, but if the only reason a man is hitting a women like a man then that is pathetic and wrong. It sounds like a baby crying that someone hitting them after they hit them. Walk away and leave the women if you are with them if you don't like being hit by her. Wrong for both parties, but more harmful to women.

Now if a man hits a women she shouldn't hit back, she should leave the man and tell authorities. Hit only in self defense. Same with men if a women is abusing you, tell authorities.

Hope what I said makes sense.
Of course it's acceptable if it's deserved.

Some women aren't hit enough and get away with the dumbest s**t because of the popular mantra of "No one should ever lay a hand on a woman".

If you're a chick and you try to assault me, I'll take great joy in beating the blood out of you. Believe that. The moment you assault me, you're no longer a woman, you're a beast.

Girl With The Windex Eyes
oHoN

Men and women should be treated equally. Having said that,most women don't have the same strength or body type as a man. Does that make them unequal? Yes in that sense, yes, unless he is a bodybuilder. That still doesn't give people the right to be all like "Well if women want to be treated equal we should be able to hit them too, hehehehe." rolleyes

Although no one should be hitting anyone, out of anger or to just be a d**k or any other reason other then self defense, shouldn't be hitting anyone, male or female. The only time its okay is in self defense. In regards to women, walk away if a women is trying to hit you or even if she does, if there is for some reason no way to get away, restrain her. If she has a knife or gun or anything else that is dangerous then go ahead and hit her or any other forms of self defense. I bet seeing that people are like, 'Oh well, why is it okay for her to hit him but he has to walk away?' Well, lets see, a man hitting a women would most likely hurt her more.. doesn't make it right that she hit you, but if the only reason a man is hitting a women like a man then that is pathetic and wrong. It sounds like a baby crying that someone hitting them after they hit them. Walk away and leave the women if you are with them if you don't like being hit by her. Wrong for both parties, but more harmful to women.

Now if a man hits a women she shouldn't hit back, she should leave the man and tell authorities. Hit only in self defense. Same with men if a women is abusing you, tell authorities.

Hope what I said makes sense.

I'm sorry, are you going to spit on or punch a tiger knowing full well the tiger can rip you to shreds?

Apply the same logic. You reap what you sow. Keep your hands to yourself. If you can't respect or follow that rule and act out of line, you deserve a beat down. I don't give a damn how "frail" you are.

Generous Fatcat

8,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
Gonecrazy12345
Stahlherz
Gonecrazy12345

Yeah basically what happened in the other thread was that some guy said something that the girl (who made the thread) found really offensive so she walked up to him and punched him in the face and broke his nose. He didn't do anything at all that could be considered to justify self defense on her part, yet at least half of the people who replied to her in the thread said that she was justified in what she did to the guy.

Yeah, and then there was the thread a guy made about how his girlfriend went psycho on him and threw a live cat at him, and pretty much every female that posted said he got what he deserved.

Really, I didn't see that.

Webpage Title
Smack earth, wind, fire, and ice out that b***h

Greedy Receiver

ButWhyArentYouNaked
Acceptable, or not acceptable? Why/why not?

~Figured it's an interesting topic. Due to things going on within my personal life. emotion_bigheart

Unless there is an immediate threat to harm your person and you have no means to escape, there is no acceptable time otherwise for either gender to harm one another. Violence is never the correct solution to any scenario. It’s best to turn away if you are capable or settle the situation with words in a calm and mature manner.

Adored Sweetheart

Not,for anyone for no reason unless self denfence.
It's kinda like killing an animal (especially if it feels pain) for food.
Torturing it to death isn't acceptable.
It's not acceptable to put a human being through every day torture, until they die.
What? Why is anyone hitting anyone? People need to stop acting like buffoons and use their words.
However, in the case of self-defense, I believe everyone has the right to defend themselves against an attacker regardless of their attacker's gender.

Vicious Prophet

Unacceptable. The culture of violence against women is awful. While it would be nice to say, "oh go ahead men, equality!" it's truly a naive sentiment.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff