Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3
  Delete

Do you think it's acceptable for a guy to hit a woman?

Yes. 0.12068965517241 12.1% [ 14 ]
No. 0.46551724137931 46.6% [ 54 ]
Depends, what'd she do? 0.41379310344828 41.4% [ 48 ]
Total Votes:[ 116 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Questionable Sex Symbol

9,250 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Delete
This should be interesting, there was just a thread a girl made where she said she punched a guy in the face and broke his nose and at least half of the people who replied said that it was okay for him to be physically assaulted like that.

Dapper Genius

I'm of the opinion that it's really not okay to hit anyone regardless of gender unless you have a darn good reason. (I.E. Self defence or the person is a masochist and wants you to do it. And even then only within reason.)

Questionable Sex Symbol

9,250 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Gonecrazy12345
This should be interesting, there was just a thread a girl made where she said she punched a guy in the face and broke his nose and at least half of the people who replied said that it was okay for him to be physically assaulted like that.

Oh really? I just think it was an interesting discussion to begin with.
Personally I figure that self defense is one thing, but hitting anyone in generally speaking is not so lovely. The guy on girl thing.. unless that girl is absolutely raising hell, and beating some guy up... I don't know.. I don't see why someone couldn't just walk away from the situation at hand. Most men I know are well aware that they're stronger than most women though.

Questionable Sex Symbol

9,250 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Mogaar
I'm of the opinion that it's really not okay to hit anyone regardless of gender unless you have a darn good reason. (I.E. Self defence or the person is a masochist and wants you to do it. And even then only within reason.)

Agreed.

Girl-Crazy Bloodsucker

In my opinon, unless the girl hits you first or tries to eat your children or something, you shouldn't hit her at all.
ButWhyArentYouNaked
Gonecrazy12345

Oh really? I just think it was an interesting discussion to begin with.
Personally I figure that self defense is one thing, but hitting anyone in generally speaking is not so lovely. The guy on girl thing.. unless that girl is absolutely raising hell, and beating some guy up... I don't know.. I don't see why someone couldn't just walk away from the situation at hand. Most men I know are well aware that they're stronger than most women though.

Yeah you said this has something to do with your life so I know this has nothing to do with that other thread.

Yeah basically what happened in the other thread was that some guy said something that the girl (who made the thread) found really offensive so she walked up to him and punched him in the face and broke his nose. He didn't do anything at all that could be considered to justify self defense on her part, yet at least half of the people who replied to her in the thread said that she was justified in what she did to the guy.

I just think it'll be interesting if those same people who said that in that thread will post in this thread. It will be interesting to see what they say, I'm pretty sure what they won't say is that a man is justified in punching a girl in the face and breaking her nose if she says something he thought was really offensive. Double standard and yet these people are probably the same people who preach equal rights. It's truly astounding how obviously biased and hypocritical people can be and be totally oblivious to it.
if I'm in a fight I'm ready to take a punch
I would never let a man put his hands on me unless it's in the sheets.
emotion_dowant

Charitable Giver

yum_cupcake S-U-G-A-R...
Jump into your racing car

gaia_gaiagold Hitting is never okay unless someone comes after you first (or you're sparing in martial arts but that's a different thing entirely). However if a woman hits a man and he strikes her back in self defense, c**t had it coming. gaia_gaiagold

and say SUGAR RUSH!
SUGAR RUSH yum_cupcake
I would apply the same general rules to a girl as to a guy with the same average physical build and strength. It's not the strength issue exactly, it's more how much damage they'll take

But yeah, basically in self-defense or there's generally a point in which they antagonize you enough that it's acceptable. Extreme provocation is generally considered to be a decent reason to start a fight, and I'd consider it a reason to fight a woman too

Edit: Most people forget provocation as a reason even between men, but between men everyone knows that there's a line, and if a guy crosses it, he's asking for it. When the line is crossed, they're basically starting a fight, without throwing a punch

Cluttered Cutesmasher

I don't think its okay for any gender to hit any gender, unless you are being attacked.

Familiar Friend

Wait honey, are you still in that bad relationship?
I remember talking to you about it...

But I dont really think it's acceptable either way.
But in todays society, it's okay for girls to hit and guys to take, I guess.
People don't say girls need to be ladies more than people say men have to be gentlemen.

Questionable Conversationalist

No one should hit anyone in most circumstances, regardless of gender or sex or whatever (except in self defense, then someone has every right to defend themselves). But if A throws the first punch, B is allowed to hit back so long as B doesn't take it too far and the aim should be to restrain rather than continue punching. Like if a girl hits her boyfriend in a physically harming way, it is just as bad as a guy hitting his girlfriend. Just shouldn't be done.

But at the same times sometimes I really think some people should or need to get hit but that's totally different and even in justifiable situations still not okay sort of? Like if someone kicked my dog or hit my cat. I don't care who they are, my first response will be to attack their face (even though I'm not a physical threat at all, I see nothing wrong with having desire to cause that person physical harm) but that's just me saying a bad decision is worth it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff