Welcome to Gaia! ::

I've never asked a guy out. Every guy I've ever been interested in has asked me out first. Probably because I'm pretty obvious when I'm interested. It's convenient because rejection would cause me to throw myself a little pity party, and no one likes pity parties.
ah, that is just not true. I have said no to a few girls, and I know men who have turned women down. We don't always say yes! We may say yes more than women, but then, we are asked out FAR less than women...because no matter how "progressive" we get, women, for the most part, will always feel like a man should take initiative and make the first move!

Reveler

8,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Profitable 100
of course, if the girl makes the move they know they have a higher chance of getting laid
I've never asked a guy out, I like them to make the first move.

Man-Hungry Elocutionist

12,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Popular Thread 100
I've said 'no' many times. Either because I was asked out by a woman (sorry ladies, this one's gay. ;D) or because they were fat, excessively hairy, or otherwise fugly. ...Also I'm currently in a relationship. So I'm obliged to say 'no'. razz
I never asked anyone out and vice versa, but I don't think all boys just say yes regardless if they like the girl or not. Besides, I want the boy to make the first move, not me. rolleyes

Generous Fatcat

8,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
Sskuld
Ok so i just read somewhere that when girls make the first move guys almost always say yes regardless of whether they actually like the girl or not(if they are single of course).

From whence did that information come?

Sskuld
So guys i ask is that really true? Do you say yes just because a girl like you enough to ask you out?

No. That's crazy. What if I don't feel anything for the woman? Agreeing to be her manfriend would just set us both up for a relationship rife with misery and resentment. Any woman who finds the courage to ask me on a date deserves my absolute honesty, and that's what she's going to get.

Sskuld
Doesn't this mean its risky for girls to ask a guy out because you can't really tell if hes interested? Because now i'm obviously seriously discouraged.

I wouldn't be, personally. The worst thing that can happen is that he'll tell you he only likes you as a friend.

Generous Fatcat

8,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
Onigetoe
I have to say that logic may be flawed. I know plenty of guys who have turned gals down. Where I live if you don't fit the mold of thin, blonde, tall, blue eyes. You are SOL.

Maybe all of the chubby dark-haired short people in your town are hooking up via internet dating sites and you just aren't aware. ninja
Sskuld

So guys i ask is that really true? Do you say yes just because a girl like you enough to ask you out?
Doesn't this mean its risky for girls to ask a guy out because you can't really tell if hes interested? Because now i'm obviously seriously discouraged.

1. No, I don't think that's true. I haven't had very many women ask me out in my life, but I've rejected all of them who asked me. The only women I've ever gone out with are the women who I asked out. Can't say why that's the case, that's just how it has been so far in my life unless if I'm forgetting someone.

2. Welcome to how males feel whenever we're considering asking a girl out. The point is though, someone has to do it, and why do males always have to do it? It would be nice if women did it more often, rather than expecting the guy to pull all the weight.
Stahlherz
Sskuld
Ok so i just read somewhere that when girls make the first move guys almost always say yes regardless of whether they actually like the girl or not(if they are single of course).

From whence did that information come?

Sskuld

No. That's crazy. What if I don't feel anything for the woman? Agreeing to be her manfriend would just set us both up for a relationship rife with misery and resentment. Any woman who finds the courage to ask me on a date deserves my absolute honesty, and that's what she's going to get.

Sskuld

I wouldn't be, personally. The worst thing that can happen is that he'll tell you he only likes you as a friend.

This article in marie claire. Aha he'd tell me he likes me as a friend and then avoid me like plague.
Gonecrazy12345
Sskuld

1. No, I don't think that's true. I haven't had very many women ask me out in my life, but I've rejected all of them who asked me. The only women I've ever gone out with are the women who I asked out. Can't say why that's the case, that's just how it has been so far in my life unless if I'm forgetting someone.

2. Welcome to how males feel whenever we're considering asking a girl out. The point is though, someone has to do it, and why do males always have to do it? It would be nice if women did it more often, rather than expecting the guy to pull all the weight.

Lol you rejected every girl who ever asked you out and yet you say girls should give it a shot. Well if i ever like a guy enough to ask him out then saying i like you and then running for my life is probably as far as i'll go. Then if he likes me he'll run after ( or call me later) and say he likes me back for well i'll have just run away blaugh sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff