Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you find that statement pretentious?

Do you wear makeup?
How much? What do you use?
Do you wear it for necessity or just as art?
What do you think of people who say this?

I wear lip liner to draw in my lips to look thick and people get a lot of flack for doing that because it's "fake". I could care less, I hate thin lips and they look better thick on most women.
It is a personal preference, so your makeup still shows an aspect of your personality.
I don't own or wear any makeup.

Girl-Crazy Gaian

I find that statement to be just preference-based. Akin to "If people aren't vegan, they're cruel to animals!"

Yes, I wear makeup. I wear a moderate amount. I used to be heavier on the makeup back in high school though. I wear it because I prefer how I look with it and how I wear it is an expression of who I am.

When people say it, I often just wink at them with my pretty lashes and playfully blow a kiss from my shiny lips. Your eyes may roll at me, but I know deep inside, your heart just skipped a beat! emotion_dowant

Sparkly Duck

I do find that statement pretentious. They are simply tools available for use, and people take advantage of that.

I believe people who say this don't exactly want to see another point of view. Maybe they are comfortable being au naturel, but many people are not. Make up enhances certain characteristics and hides others. There is nothing about it that makes a person fake unless they explicitly deny using makeup and act as if it is just their own face. For those liars, a deeper issue may be at hand.
I've never thought anything of people that wear make-up. It's their face, not mine.

I personally don't wear any.

Wealthy Hoarder

To be honest, make up makes some people look good. It's just them.

I tried it but I don't like the feeling on my skin.

Shameless Loiterer

Eh, who cares?

I flip flop between being super made up and wearing no makeup. Depends on the day. I have pretty decent skin, so it's not a huge deal.
I found that statement pretentious before I constantly wore make-up

Do you wear makeup?
Since last summer, yes. Before then, mainly just for formal/semi-formal occasions and interviews.
Not too much. Just BB Cream mostly.
It helps protect my skin from the sun and smooths my skin out.

They are probably judgmental.
Naw, they just put more effort into being attractive to other people.
I don't think girls who wear makeup are fake, but also I don't usually look at girls who I feel have to much makeup on. Using a little to touch up your features should be enough, why do some women feel the need to pack the makeup on?

Tipsy Lunatic

From what I see, it's the girls that absolutely refuse to wear it who are the fake ones.

Like you really think that people who wear it have an inflated perception of themselves while the makeup is on, and that you reminding them that their face is just okay without it will destroy their bubble? Get over yourself

Newbie Kitten

Quote:

Each to their own of course, but there are more tactful ways that it could've been said.

Quote:
Do you wear makeup?

Yes, but not regularly.

Quote:

A thin coating of foundation. Lipstick and maybe mascara.

Quote:

Necessity, but only for formal occasions or when I am trying to look better for an interview. Thus far the jobs I have worked do not require me to look perfect, only presentable.

Quote:

To each their own. ⊱

Lavish Loiterer

A bit. I know some girls that wear for various personal reasons.
Do you wear makeup?
Sometimes. Mostly for special occasions or if I have the energy/time to do it for work.
I don't think I use a lot. Just primer, foundation for what little red blemishes I have, light blush/bronzer, light eyeliner/mascara and a make up setter. Oh and like Chapstick.
Necessity. I'm not talented enough to wear it as art lol
I have some reason to believe they're the same people who say "you look better without make up" to girls who are actually wearing some because sometimes you honestly can't tell.

Clean Gekko

3,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I got scars to cover up
I aint care if its fake I aint showin nobody my real face never

Hellraiser

Do you wear makeup?
No. Only when I go out to family dinners or a special occasion.
I've gotten a lot of compliments on how I look good without it but when I do wear it, people are surprised lol

I'll put on powder, foundation and maybe blush and that's it.

Only when I want to look extra nice, otherwise I just dress nice and straighten my hair.

I like what Mae said.
I don't agree with them, whatever makes people happy and feel good about themselves. Plus it can be fun.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff