Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greedy Grabber

cuttlebone
it's pretty messed up that they asked her to leave. like, i can see a teacher engaging a student in a conversation about Romney's politics, but not starting an argument.
nearly all of the teachers i've had in the past tried really hard to keep their political/religious affiliations secret from their students, even when directly questioned about them. i think it's a lot more professional than the alternative, and definitely a better course of action than being confrontational, insulting, and excluding.

Ha. Cuttlebone. My cockatiel likes those.

Anyway, about teachers keeping their beliefs secret... My teachers always made it so that there was absolutely NO way to figure it out. My government teacher kind of made a game out of it, and we'd always ask him cryptic, indirect questions about his beliefs and try to coax him into telling us (we were just curious), but he always caught it, and we never figured it out. I guess not all teachers are like that. confused

Vicious Humorist

9,000 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Brandisher 100
I'm personally for Paul, but I'm voting for Romney so the incumbent doesn't get another term.
Because, seriously. ******** all that liberal, false equality, kum ba yah bullshit.
I don't tolerate any kind of abuse from teachers. Physical, verbal, or otherwise... there is almost never a good time to harass your students like that. *shakes her head* While the girl is partially at fault for wearing a political shirt in the first place (you only wear a shirt like that to get a rise out of the people who disagree with you), the teacher should have remembered that they were an adult...

in before she's just like that woman who carved a backwards B on her face.
Resonare Praeteriti
Faux-Nom
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
DUDE, HIS NAME IS GAYMON?!
I WOULD'VE ******** KILLED FOR A TEACHER NAMED GAYMON. OH THE FUN I COULD HAVE WITH THAT.

Faux! You're back! heart

Hot damn, I've missed seeing you around here so much! gonk

I haven't been gone that long, have I?
Hmmmm... guess I haven't been on much since school started.
The student was being bullied for political reasons. What if it was an Obama shirt and a teacher did that?

I thought schools are supposed to teach students not to bully and not have the teachers bully them themselves.

Greedy Grabber

Silence_Walker
I'm personally for Paul, but I'm voting for Romney so the incumbent doesn't get another term.
Because, seriously. ******** all that liberal, false equality, kum ba yah bullshit.

If you're a Paul fan... Have you looked into Gary Johnson at all? Link to his website is in my sig. whee

Savage Tactician

22,040 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
Funny. Nothing surprising. Funny.

I've seen a few kids wear Obama shirts at my school.

I don't know why wearing a Romney shirt wouldn't be OK.

I think the Obama shirts are ridiculous.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
That's stupid. Unless the shirt was offensive, she shouldn't have been moved out of class for wearing it.

Vicious Humorist

9,000 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Brandisher 100
Explosive Nads
Silence_Walker

If you're a Paul fan... Have you looked into Gary Johnson at all? Link to his website is in my sig. whee

Yus, I'm with a student Libertarian group. The ISO has the room opposite us, same time, same day. Many awkward moments abound.

Greedy Grabber

Silence_Walker
Explosive Nads
Silence_Walker

Yus, I'm with a student Libertarian group. The ISO has the room opposite us, same time, same day. Many awkward moments abound.

Oh, good for you. 3nodding
... And the whole ISO thing must be fascinating, for lack of a better word. lol

Vicious Humorist

9,000 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Brandisher 100
Explosive Nads
Silence_Walker
Explosive Nads
Silence_Walker

Oh, good for you. 3nodding
... And the whole ISO thing must be fascinating, for lack of a better word. lol

I usually get so hopped up on coffee and nicotine that I'm too defocused to remember to punch them. Usually.

Giygasm's King

Demonic Sweetheart

16,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
I'm an Obama supporter and all I can say is "Wtf's wrong with that teacher? emotion_facepalm "

Blessed Pumpkin

12,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
-Silver Catalyst-
ChildOfWestWind
I don't think it was right what the teacher did
BUT
if your going to wear a shirt you know will
upset people be ready for some type of back lash.
BUT
with that person being a teacher, they should
have known there place and realized they where
an adult.
She is a child, influenced by her parents
and following in there foot steps. If you want
to "Show them the right way" in your own mind,
don't be a raging a** hole.
QFT

4laugh

Greedy Grabber

leminem
DJ Twissta
lolll but weren't the KKK democratic along time ago?

Yes, the KKK was founded by Democrats. The Democrats also created Jim Crow laws.
It was the Republicans who fought for racial equality and tolerance.
How history loves to repeat itself....

They're tolerant... Of people that agree with them.
Same can be said of a lot of Republicans, though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff