Welcome to Gaia! ::

dark lord stormaggedon
anonkidz
ChiyuriYami
anonkidz
How to check your gender

step 1: look down your pants

step 2: profit.

Your trick has failed to identify gender.
But you have successfully identified someone's sex. Not the finding ya were trying to make but stil la findthing never the less...
Sadly most people already knew that so your finding is pointless.

Whats the point of identifying your gender anyway? One physical genital does not define your character, people make so much of a deal out of something that doesnt need to be.

i think you'd probably get annoyed if the entire world suddenly started treating you like a girl even though you're a guy.

Actually that would be pretty cool(especially if i still had le d**k.) I mean imagine the s**t i could get away with, going into girls bathroom, "playfully" squeezing tits. I mean nothing at all would change about my personality, because i'd still be the same smart a**,pervert,otaku, kid as before.

2,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
Drifting through Infinity
Rebel_Dynasty

Fortunately, there are those of us who deign to question why females and males are so different; that isn't to say other's opinions are invalid. I'm simply stating that I don't think we really are so different. Sure, evolution made women smaller (this is a generalization), and males bigger, but this is something that occurred because of the types of things early civilizations dictated. Women had hour-glass figures, but not quite to the extent that we have now. It is believed the clothing played a part in this. Physical activities likewise, dictated that men have more muscle mass.

In short, I agree with you. We've essentially shaped ourselves physically and mentally based on what we learn throughout our lives. However, it is up to the individual to decide if they will continue down that path, or if they will break off of it.

First you acknowledge that there is a genetic disparity between men and women when it comes to physical strength, and then you go on to say that we, as individuals, can somehow break off of it? How....?

The fact that some women may be physically stronger than some men is a moot point. Women are always be operating at a genetic disadvantage and they have to compensate for that in other ways. For example, a woman that eats healthy and exercises might certainly be stronger than a malnourished man, but when all external factors are equal, women cannot hope to compete with men. A woman can never become the best football player (I'll bet my life on it). The choices you make in your life will only get you so far. It's important to understand your limitations.

Sorry, I probably should have clarified. I tend to go from one train of thought to the next, without filling in the spaces inbetween. Not always, but this seems to be the case, as of late.

Basically, since the types of clothing-particularly worn by women-had an impact on the shape of our figures to this day (or so it has been said), I figure something along similar lines could occur, if put to practice long enough. Of course, this is something that could take decades or centuries to achieve.

I do understand the limitations that you speak of. When speaking in terms of physical strength, often times yes, women have to work twice as hard to be just as good-if they're lucky. Of course, there are areas in which women are naturally better-equipped, that men have to work twice as hard to achieve. We essentially balance each other out. (Of course, we're speaking in general terms; as you said, there are cases in which women can be physically stronger than men-not all dealing with the man in question being malnourished, but I understood the basic point you were making).

Though, I should amend my first post in this topic. I believe gender identification can be both learned and biological. The learned aspect just appeared more obvious to me, based on my own observations. However, I don't have near enough understanding of the science behind it.

Timid Waffles

12,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Rebel_Dynasty

Fortunately, there are those of us who deign to question why females and males are so different; that isn't to say other's opinions are invalid. I'm simply stating that I don't think we really are so different. Sure, evolution made women smaller (this is a generalization), and males bigger, but this is something that occurred because of the types of things early civilizations dictated. Women had hour-glass figures, but not quite to the extent that we have now. It is believed the clothing played a part in this. Physical activities likewise, dictated that men have more muscle mass.

In short, I agree with you. We've essentially shaped ourselves physically and mentally based on what we learn throughout our lives. However, it is up to the individual to decide if they will continue down that path, or if they will break off of it.

First you acknowledge that there is a genetic disparity between men and women when it comes to physical strength, and then you go on to say that we, as individuals, can somehow break off of it? How....?

The fact that some women may be physically stronger than some men is a moot point. Women are always be operating at a genetic disadvantage and they have to compensate for that in other ways. For example, a woman that eats healthy and exercises might certainly be stronger than a malnourished man, but when all external factors are equal, women cannot hope to compete with men. A woman can never become the best football player (I'll bet my life on it). The choices you make in your life will only get you so far. It's important to understand your limitations.
I don't know if this statement is accurate, but I've had a friend try to convince me that the female body is stronger because it is built for child bearing, but again, I have noooo idea if that's anywhere near true.
Could a man and a woman who equally train their bodies be of the same strength?

Witty Lunatic

6,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Flatterer 200
Reportable
Rebel_Dynasty

I don't know if this statement is accurate, but I've had a friend try to convince me that the female body is stronger because it is built for child bearing, but again, I have noooo idea if that's anywhere near true.

Men have higher muscle mass than women, and therefore are stronger - but women have higher pain tolerance than men. I think your friend was confusing the two.

Lavish Ladykiller

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
My brother identifies as a woman. This is why he thinks that there is no god; "If there was god, He should have made me a girl. He either doesn't know what the hell he's doing, or he doesn't exist."

I feel really sad for him.... He doesn't get to do girly things without judgemental assholes getting all up in his bidness.

For a while I kinda wished I was a guy. Still do, But sometimes I feel like we were supposed to be eachother, You dig?

He once said told me that if he was a girl he would look like me lol.

Timid Waffles

12,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Gallifreyan Poet
Reportable
Rebel_Dynasty

Men have higher muscle mass than women, and therefore are stronger - but women have higher pain tolerance than men. I think your friend was confusing the two.

Higher pain tolerance? Really? lmao I don't know, I can get the same tattoo as my boyfriend and guarantee you I will be the one making faces and crying lol But I can see the logic, and I can see where the confusion came from

Timid Waffles

12,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Gallifreyan Poet
Reportable
Rebel_Dynasty

That's totally just a myth. Just because women are equipped to deal with child birth doesn't mean they're better capable of tolerating pain in general. I can guarantee that when faced with the prospect of physical torture, the average woman will cave much faster than the average man.

Do you think we're just culturally told that girls are weaker in that aspect? Females are "supposed" to be the cry baby who gets rescued when she's in distress or peril? I can accept that it might be a myth, I don't know, I don't have proof or facts or anything, but I really do wonder sometimes. Or is it a person to person thing? Maybe it doesn't matter what sex you are, it just matters how you handle things...? I'm about to give birth in a month lmao I'll come back and let you guys know just how "pleasant" it was XD
Shifrovat
Gender is fluid.

Man-Lover

Reportable
my blog is low calorie
Gender is a completely man-made ideal. People try to enforce it all the time because the thought of others straying away from what's considered normal isn't understood by their frail minds.
I don't even think you have to identify as a female to have feminine traits, nor do I think somebody has to identify as male to have masculine traits. I for one am interested in androgynous style and am trying to obscure my style to the point that people can't tell if what I'm wearing is from the men's section or not.
This reminds me of an article I read about certain countries and baby names. Certain countries, mostly in Europe, will not let you name your baby something that does easily not identify the sex of the child.
Does that include unisex names like Alex and Chris, or just dumb names like Moonunit, the name of Frank Zappa's daughter?

Aged Codger

anonkidz
Actually that would be pretty cool(especially if i still had le d**k.) I mean imagine the s**t i could get away with, going into girls bathroom, "playfully" squeezing tits. I mean nothing at all would change about my personality, because i'd still be the same smart a**,pervert,otaku, kid as before.

have you ever read one of those stories where someone makes a wish but it goes horrible after a while? you're only thinking short-term. at first you'd think it's awesome but after a while, you'd get annoyed and just feel generally uncomfortable being a woman.
pros: whatever you just said, though i've never seen anyone who playfully squeeze tits
cons: female pronouns, v****a, bleeding v****a, constant shaving, having to wear dresses to formal events, ******** high heels, pregnancy, pregnancy, pregnancy, you might get pregnant, ew pregnancy.

Timid Waffles

12,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
my blog is low calorie
Reportable
my blog is low calorie
Gender is a completely man-made ideal. People try to enforce it all the time because the thought of others straying away from what's considered normal isn't understood by their frail minds.
I don't even think you have to identify as a female to have feminine traits, nor do I think somebody has to identify as male to have masculine traits. I for one am interested in androgynous style and am trying to obscure my style to the point that people can't tell if what I'm wearing is from the men's section or not.
This reminds me of an article I read about certain countries and baby names. Certain countries, mostly in Europe, will not let you name your baby something that does easily not identify the sex of the child.
Does that include unisex names like Alex and Chris, or just dumb names like Moonunit, the name of Frank Zappa's daughter?

Quote:
" Miatt (Germany)
Country living up to stereotype alert! Surprise, surprise the Germans are somewhat officious when it comes to baby naming laws. Regulation-loving Deutschland has an entire department (the Standesamt) which decides if names are suitable. Miatt was rejected because it didn't clearly show whether the child was a boy or a girl, but sometimes the decisions are somewhat arbitrary...
Has Germany banned any other names? The likes of Stompie, Woodstock and Grammophon were turned down, whereas the similarly strange Speedy, Lafayette and Jazz were allowed. "

I think it's against the ToS to actually post an outgoing link... but if you google Illegal Baby Names, it comes up with a list of names from different countries

Man-Lover

Reportable
I think it's against the ToS to actually post an outgoing link... but if you google Illegal Baby Names, it comes up with a list of names from different countries
I think they have a warning that tells you that the site you're about to link to isn't on gaia and viewer discretion is advised etc.

That's so weird tho. lol @ Grammophon

Lonely Saint

my blog is low calorie
Reportable
my blog is low calorie

They have issues with really random names, honestly. Dumb names are a category of their own - impossible to pass on a child, and hard as s**t to change for yourself as an adult, but it goes beyond that. If a name hasn't been established as clearly as a gendered one, getting it through for a baby can be a pain. In most cases, the courts sort of decide that this certain unisex name is male/female from now on, and go by that - getting it through to a child of the opposite sex can be a pain unless the numbers are still very close to 50% 50% in terms of which gender has the name previously, which is very rare.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff