Yes 0.88198757763975 88.2% [ 142 ]
No 0.11801242236025 11.8% [ 19 ]
Total Votes:[ 161 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

2,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
love is love. not to mention straight people would have a fit if they had their rights to marriage threatened, too.
Hazgarn
I think that marriage shouldn't be a government issue. If a church wants to say that gay people can't marry under their god, well, that sucks, but it's their right.

On the other hand, the government should not deny gay couples the rights that heterosexual couples have legally for being "married".

I think they need to take "marriage" out of the government and leave it in the church where it belongs. They need to make a neutral social contract that grants any human beings the right to be recognized as the better half of their partner legally, and preserve all the rights that that maintains. Or multiple people, for that matter, provided all agree.

Marriage and love are both sacred, and they do not belong to the government.

eek Its like you took the words right outta my mouth.
User Image Maybe in time...

I have a boyfriend and I'm glad to be deeply in love with him.
I realize everyone has a right to their opinion so I don't discriminate against those who oppose it, but I fully support marriage. :3 Power to us.

...you'll want to be mine. User Image
The problem with the majority "for" gay marriage is that they rely on love as their argument. Love is the root of the need for these rights, but it shouldn't be the rebuttal leveled against the opposition it faces. Because love's opposite, "hate", might be the need some people have for opposing those rights at the very root of things, but that isn't the argument they are using against it. They are using the logical idea that "marriage is religious", which has it's element of truth, to deny rights that shouldn't be tied to religion in the first place.

So don't make gay marriage about love. Make gay marriage about rights and about law, because that will get listened to, and it can't be dismissed by hate.
To be honest, I don't know any gay people that would want to marry under the church. Who wants to be 'blessed' by an institution that's rejected you?

I think gay couple should have to same rights as straight couples legality wise, but I don't think anyone can force the church to change its mind.
It should be legalized. smile It's good when two people love each other... the world needs more love. smile
rabbit sushi
I think gay couple should have to same rights as straight couples legality wise, but I don't think anyone can force the church to change its mind.

By all rights, no one should force the churches to change their minds. You can't change minds by force, it just doesn't work. That's why government needs to relinquish "marriage" so that it can meet the needs of it's citizens in a way that the religious right has no authority to appose.
Gay couples should have the same option to marry as straight couples do.

6,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
LEGALIZE!!!!
I'm going to disagree with all of you because I oppose gay marriage. I don't mind them in relationships because I have friends like that. It's just that, being a Republican, the whole gay marriage thing is against my religion.
love is gender blind!!!!!! heart
primaballerxina
I'm going to disagree with all of you because I oppose gay marriage. I don't mind them in relationships because I have friends like that. It's just that, being a Republican, the whole gay marriage thing is against my religion.

The Republican party is a nationally recognized political party and not a religion. Further, as the country you belong to is one in which religion (should, at least; this current administration has been quite terrible at upholding this) bar religion from government and vice versa, I would say to you that you are being irresponsible as a citizen by bowing to the rules of your religion rather than having the sense to view it as a human institution and therefore a human right.

I may follow the rules of a religion and hold its values dear to my heart, but as what I will be voting on concerns the government and the rights it chooses to recognize in its citizens, it would be a disservice to my country and fellow citizens, were I to merge religion and politics instead of recognizing the issue as a governmental one.

Definitely yes. There is no reason not to.

Asking people as a whole to be nice about their opinions on gay marriage is like expecting a ravenous shark not to sink its jaws into a bloody ham hock held in front of its nose.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff