Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey, a new poll! Would you be willing to help update the (rather lacking) information on the front page?

No thanks - I'm here to learn and I don't think I know enough. 0.14197530864198 14.2% [ 23 ]
No thanks - I'm just not interested. 0.08641975308642 8.6% [ 14 ]
No thanks - I'm absurdly busy! 0.1358024691358 13.6% [ 22 ]
Maybe, depending. I want to ask Gil a few questions first. 0.25308641975309 25.3% [ 41 ]
Of course I would! I'll go PM Gil right now. 0.049382716049383 4.9% [ 8 ]
I like clicking options on polls 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 54 ]
Total Votes:[ 162 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 2141 2142 2143 > >> >>> »|

bananaeatingelephant
GLBT
bananaeatingelephant
GLBT
bananaeatingelephant
Hi. I'm Diane. I'm 21, a lesbian.

Good job on the thread! I'll definitely try to stop by and see if I can help keep it going.

As to coming to terms with your sexuality, I was 19 when I finally went "You know you like girls. You're going to have to deal with it sometime. Do it now!" so I did. Thinking back, I had been having gay thoughts since I was about 12, and putting myself in the role of "the one who gets the girl" in my little fantasy make-believe games since I was really young. But I had a long period of denial because I was comfortable with homosexuality in others, but in myself. It's hardest to accept it when you're the one who has to deal with any discrimination etc from it.

I then came out to my close friends (most of whom are/were not-straight) within a month of coming out to myself, and to my parents within six months.

I now have a girlfriend who I am very happy with (been together for 6 months) and my family knows and likes her. So I guess my "coming out" story has a happy ending.

User Image Hi, Diane! Welcome to the thread. <3 Your story's really cool; I'm pretty jealous. How'd you meet your girlfriend? User Image

We went to college together. We were close friends (and cuddle buddies, but it was quite platonic for a while...) for about a year before either of us started having any romantic feelings towards the other. Apparently our friend group all knew she had a crush on me and were all plotting to help get us together. It worked.

User Image Aww, that's so cute! <3 I think my heart just squee'd a little. User Image

teehee. Thanks. It was/is pretty ridiculously cute. She's pretty much one of the most adorable people I've ever met (all children who are cute due to their being children are discounted from this) and I suspect I'm more adorable around her. Definitely adoring.

Now you've got me all smiley thinking about her. whee

User Image Hehe, I was all smiley for a few moments, too. :3 I'm jealous, gotta say.

@ Bellsie-Ellsie: Hey, that's cool. As long as you're happy, yanno? User Image
XXXHugThePsychoXXX
I do about some gay guys acting my friend was the last person I exspected to come out but he did hes also one of my close friends he is the one who craeted this support at our school. So I have two gay guy friends and one lesbian friend too shes awsome. She literally is my BEST FRIEND but people mistake her for a boy all the time for how she dresses. and her hair but her personality is girly she very out going and...unique Most would call her random....very random. I support gays because I want all my friends to get married and have rights. Not be hated too.

I have several gay boyfriends. <3

And a smattering of bisexual female friends.
A Rainbow Colored Joey

:c You can't really call people out when they're just little kids though. They don't understand.

This is true, but I know what I am and the person I experimented with knows what she is, but it's still a little strange since we've know each other are whole lives. Some stuff like that is just a little bit awkward to deal with when you get older.
GLBT: Yep, most certainly. :3

Joey: Hello! How are you?
A Rainbow Colored Joey
bananaeatingelephant
A Rainbow Colored Joey
GLBT
User Image

@ A Rainbow Colored Joey: Ouch, I'm sorry. That really sucks. How old are you? It might get easier when you're in college.

User Image

Sixteen, I'm going to be a junior in the fall. I am indeed looking forward to college, haha.

So true on it being easier in college. In HS there were a total of zero out people. Then in college suddenly there were groups of proud non-straight (Question: is queer the proper word? I've always been bad at terminology) people.

There's a GSA at my school and assorted gay kids, but I'm not romantically compatible with any of the other homosexually inclined females at my school. They're more of the scary bulldyke types, and my personality is closer to a flaming gay guy's, haha. Plus there's that whole "interests" thing that has to come into play....example, I really need someone who can understand/relate to my interest in music...because that's pretty much the highlight of my existence. High school band geek yesssssss.

[queer is fine, but some people tend to enjoy using it in a derogatory fashion]

That sucks. I definitely relate to not being interested in scary bulldyke types, which is difficult because those are the only girls into girls that my gaydar can pick up. And I'm a bit tricky to pick up as well.

But I definitely vote for hoping for collage. There's more people. And classes with people who have the same interests.

Thanks on the queer help. But people use all terms derogatorily. I hated calling myself "lesbian" for a while because I felt it was slightly derogatory.
Son Lune
A Rainbow Colored Joey

:c You can't really call people out when they're just little kids though. They don't understand.

This is true, but I know what I am and the person I experimented with knows what she is, but it's still a little strange since we've know each other are whole lives. Some stuff like that is just a little bit awkward to deal with when you get older.

I experimented with my cousin when we were small. :l

I don't think she remembers, but I rarely ever see her, and of course neither of us would bring it up.
A Rainbow Colored Joey
XXXHugThePsychoXXX
I do about some gay guys acting my friend was the last person I exspected to come out but he did hes also one of my close friends he is the one who craeted this support at our school. So I have two gay guy friends and one lesbian friend too shes awsome. She literally is my BEST FRIEND but people mistake her for a boy all the time for how she dresses. and her hair but her personality is girly she very out going and...unique Most would call her random....very random. I support gays because I want all my friends to get married and have rights. Not be hated too.

I am suprised you understood any of that..I typed that way too fast I ment gay guys acting what people would call "staright" my friend acted like that so I didnt expect him to be gay. Thats what I ment sorry I am so tired and need sleep! I am acting drunk.

BTW I loved the movie Milk great movie! loved the gay couple (at the begining) they were so CUTE!
Bellsie-Ellsie

Tired, I've had band camp all week. XD
A Rainbow Colored Joey
Son Lune
A Rainbow Colored Joey

I experimented with my cousin when we were small. :l

I don't think she remembers, but I rarely ever see her, and of course neither of us would bring it up.

My sexual experiences have been a little bit, unpleasant but is it a good thing or a bad thing if you don't see the person you tested out your sexuality with? We don't bring it up, but when I starting talking about sex or something about loving she was like, but I'm all for boys I'm not a lesbian and I was kind of like........uhhh......

I'm kind of glad that I don't have to see many of those people, but I still see one that I see a lot of. Because I love going to her house. She is like my family, but we were caught doing stuff. You've never been caught?
A Rainbow Colored Joey
Bellsie-Ellsie

This one time, at band camp...
I'm a choir girl, so no camp for me. :3
XXXHugThePsychoXXX
A Rainbow Colored Joey
XXXHugThePsychoXXX

I am suprised you understood any of that..I typed that way too fast I ment gay guys acting what people would call "staright" my friend acted like that so I didnt expect him to be gay. Thats what I ment sorry I am so tired and need sleep! I am acting drunk.

BTW I loved the movie Milk great movie! loved the gay couple (at the begining) they were so CUTE!

User Image What does it mean to act straight? What does it mean to act gay?

@ Butch: Not interested in them at all. I know several from my GSA. I like sort of girly girls, but then I wind up crushing on several straight girls...it's complicated.User Image
XXXHugThePsychoXXX
A Rainbow Colored Joey
XXXHugThePsychoXXX

Dude, I wanna see that movie so bad. :l
XXXHugThePsychoXXX
A Rainbow Colored Joey
XXXHugThePsychoXXX

I'm in the "act straight but is gay" club in the girl division. So many people are surprised that I'm gay. Apparently I'm "Too hot/girlie to be a lesbian" or something dumb like that. It's dumb.

I love gay couples in movies/books. Just because I can relate to their being attracted to the same sex. It's always felt slightly... unnatural for me to try and understand straight couples. I guess because I don't understand the experience. At all.

Milk was good. It made me feel guilty for not being more politically active.
A Rainbow Colored Joey
Bellsie-Ellsie

User Image I was at boot camp all last week. I feel your pain. o_o User Image
bananaeatingelephant
A Rainbow Colored Joey
bananaeatingelephant
A Rainbow Colored Joey
GLBT
User Image

@ A Rainbow Colored Joey: Ouch, I'm sorry. That really sucks. How old are you? It might get easier when you're in college.

User Image

Sixteen, I'm going to be a junior in the fall. I am indeed looking forward to college, haha.

So true on it being easier in college. In HS there were a total of zero out people. Then in college suddenly there were groups of proud non-straight (Question: is queer the proper word? I've always been bad at terminology) people.

There's a GSA at my school and assorted gay kids, but I'm not romantically compatible with any of the other homosexually inclined females at my school. They're more of the scary bulldyke types, and my personality is closer to a flaming gay guy's, haha. Plus there's that whole "interests" thing that has to come into play....example, I really need someone who can understand/relate to my interest in music...because that's pretty much the highlight of my existence. High school band geek yesssssss.

[queer is fine, but some people tend to enjoy using it in a derogatory fashion]

That sucks. I definitely relate to not being interested in scary bulldyke types, which is difficult because those are the only girls into girls that my gaydar can pick up. And I'm a bit tricky to pick up as well.

But I definitely vote for hoping for collage. There's more people. And classes with people who have the same interests.

Thanks on the queer help. But people use all terms derogatorily. I hated calling myself "lesbian" for a while because I felt it was slightly derogatory.

College is what keeps me from completely freaking out at times. It's the light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak...?

I personally don't like the word lesbian either. :l

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces