Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey, a new poll! Would you be willing to help update the (rather lacking) information on the front page?

No thanks - I'm here to learn and I don't think I know enough. 0.14197530864198 14.2% [ 23 ]
No thanks - I'm just not interested. 0.08641975308642 8.6% [ 14 ]
No thanks - I'm absurdly busy! 0.1358024691358 13.6% [ 22 ]
Maybe, depending. I want to ask Gil a few questions first. 0.25308641975309 25.3% [ 41 ]
Of course I would! I'll go PM Gil right now. 0.049382716049383 4.9% [ 8 ]
I like clicking options on polls 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 54 ]
Total Votes:[ 162 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 2141 2142 2143 > >> >>> »|

Are you connected to any guild? I'm curious since I think your username is a mule, no? It's a wonderful thread, I love how the front page is jam packed with information. I'm all for more support threads~!
Also, in terms of coming out.

In terms of my friends, classmates, etc, that was really no problem.

My parents first got wind of it by going through my sketchbooks, my dad finally harassing me until I told him, after which he was tolerant and didn't seem upset or surprised, but also believed it to be "just a phase".

My mother, however, is intensely homophobic, and my dad and I both agreed telling her would be disastrous. However, she still heavily suspects me, and drops anti-gay insults whenever possible--even just at gay men on tv and such.
Daemon Von Blaque
Did someone say something about a gay sandwich? surprised

User Image Yes, a gaywich of sorts. 8D

@ A Rainbow Colored Joey: That's cool. I see a lot of teenagers that start identifying as 'bi' to sort of soften the impact, haha. What do you mean about childhood stuff, though?User Image
GLBT
SoullessRetainer
About at the age of 13, had an experience that I'd rather not bring up. sweatdrop
I came out at 16, first to my friend and then my mom. Then some friends at my school before I switched. Now my Myspace page says orientation:gay and I'm proud I can do that now. Sounds corny but I'm a corny person. lol

User Image No shame in being corny. That's awesome. ^_^ Was your mom okay with it?User Image

Well, the fact that she still talks about me getting married and maybe having children says otherwise. When I had told her she stood outside of my door and gave this big spiel on Christianity and how she only wanted the best for me. Blocked most of it out. neutral
I've told her more than once. It's almost as if she thinks I'm making it up, it's going to hurt her when I actually do get a boyfriend.
Son Lune
Are you connected to any guild? I'm curious since I think your username is a mule, no? It's a wonderful thread, I love how the front page is jam packed with information. I'm all for more support threads~!

User Image Not at all. I couldn't believe that the username was available. I just got it today. Go figure.User Image
GLBT
Daemon Von Blaque

@ A Rainbow Colored Joey: That's cool. I see a lot of teenagers that start identifying as 'bi' to sort of soften the impact, haha. What do you mean about childhood stuff, though?User Image

Finding other girls my age attractive, being very...curious...in what other girls looked like without clothes on, there was one vaguely sexual experience when I was seven (no molestation, the other girl was the same age). I mean, the whole time before I really considered sexual identity or whatever I was always thinking about girls. :l
GLBT
Son Lune

User Image Not at all. I couldn't believe that the username was available. I just got it today. Go figure.User Image

Lucky, then? I'm glad there is this thread, so I'll be sure to stick around. There is also something I have to get of my chest. Recently I went to this religious thing called, "Ya Tech" Young adult, something something, was very good and memorizes stuff like that. Anywho, I was split up with a group of people and we some how ended up talking about homosexuality. In which I kept my mouth glued shut, I'm straight, but the way these people where talking about how homosexuality was....I was scared that they were going to rip me into little shreds. I then told my boyfriend and my friend about this, and then they got upset with me for not saying anything.

I'm curious how people deal with religion and their sexuality..
SoullessRetainer
GLBT
SoullessRetainer
About at the age of 13, had an experience that I'd rather not bring up. sweatdrop
I came out at 16, first to my friend and then my mom. Then some friends at my school before I switched. Now my Myspace page says orientation:gay and I'm proud I can do that now. Sounds corny but I'm a corny person. lol

User Image No shame in being corny. That's awesome. ^_^ Was your mom okay with it?User Image

Well, the fact that she still talks about me getting married and maybe having children says otherwise. When I had told her she stood outside of my door and gave this big spiel on Christianity and how she only wanted the best for me. Blocked most of it out. neutral
I've told her more than once. It's almost as if she thinks I'm making it up, it's going to hurt her when I actually do get a boyfriend.

User Image Ah, that sucks. She might be able to deal with it more with time, though. I don't think my mum would ever deal with it. User Image
Hi. I'm Diane. I'm 21, a lesbian.

Good job on the thread! I'll definitely try to stop by and see if I can help keep it going.

As to coming to terms with your sexuality, I was 19 when I finally went "You know you like girls. You're going to have to deal with it sometime. Do it now!" so I did. Thinking back, I had been having gay thoughts since I was about 12, and putting myself in the role of "the one who gets the girl" in my little fantasy make-believe games since I was really young. But I had a long period of denial because I was comfortable with homosexuality in others, but in myself. It's hardest to accept it when you're the one who has to deal with any discrimination etc from it.

I then came out to my close friends (most of whom are/were not-straight) within a month of coming out to myself, and to my parents within six months.

I now have a girlfriend who I am very happy with (been together for 6 months) and my family knows and likes her. So I guess my "coming out" story has a happy ending.
A Rainbow Colored Joey
GLBT
Daemon Von Blaque

Finding other girls my age attractive, being very...curious...in what other girls looked like without clothes on, there was one vaguely sexual experience when I was seven (no molestation, the other girl was the same age). I mean, the whole time before I really considered sexual identity or whatever I was always thinking about girls. :l

User Image Oh, I get what you're saying. How do your keep your mum from knowing when everyone else knows? User Image
Son Lune
GLBT
Son Lune

Lucky, then? I'm glad there is this thread, so I'll be sure to stick around. There is also something I have to get of my chest. Recently I went to this religious thing called, "Ya Tech" Young adult, something something, was very good and memorizes stuff like that. Anywho, I was split up with a group of people and we some how ended up talking about homosexuality. In which I kept my mouth glued shut, I'm straight, but the way these people where talking about how homosexuality was....I was scared that they were going to rip me into little shreds. I then told my boyfriend and my friend about this, and then they got upset with me for not saying anything.

I was raised Catholic but I don't believe in anything anymore really. I never liked going to church growing up though, initially because it was boring, later because I thought it was full of crap, and after I figured out I was gay I just felt awkward being there. :l
Son Lune
GLBT
Son Lune

User Image That's really scary to me. Did you wind up going back?

I've met religious gays before. There's actually a gay Catholic group, I think they're linked in the last post of the thread, and their FAQ is really interesting. It helped me get it a little more. They talked about Bible quote translations and...stuff. Anyone in here religious?User Image
GLBT
A Rainbow Colored Joey
GLBT
Daemon Von Blaque

User Image Oh, I get what you're saying. How do your keep your mum from knowing when everyone else knows? User Image

My friends all know not to say anything when she's in earshot. I have a poor relationship with my mother to begin with, so I don't really talk to her about anything of importance. The most major conversation we'll have all day tends to be about laundry or dinner or such. Plus, I've learned to hide my things...and I said earlier, she suspects. But I slip in some comments here and there to at least try and sound "straight"....it pretty much sucks. :l Though my dad is tolerant of me, neither of my parents would approve of me actually being in a relationship with a girl--though I've had two behind their backs already. Essentially, I'm closeted to my family and lead a double life.
A Rainbow Colored Joey
Son Lune
GLBT
Son Lune

I was raised Catholic but I don't believe in anything anymore really. I never liked going to church growing up though, initially because it was boring, later because I thought it was full of crap, and after I figured out I was gay I just felt awkward being there. :l

I'm hardly religious and the stuff I would practice is claimed to "devil worshiping" etc. I'm happy my Mother didn't dunk me in water. There are many things I don't agree with that I have to deal with because of the one I love and the people around me.

Did you come out to anyone in the church?
bananaeatingelephant
Hi. I'm Diane. I'm 21, a lesbian.

Good job on the thread! I'll definitely try to stop by and see if I can help keep it going.

As to coming to terms with your sexuality, I was 19 when I finally went "You know you like girls. You're going to have to deal with it sometime. Do it now!" so I did. Thinking back, I had been having gay thoughts since I was about 12, and putting myself in the role of "the one who gets the girl" in my little fantasy make-believe games since I was really young. But I had a long period of denial because I was comfortable with homosexuality in others, but in myself. It's hardest to accept it when you're the one who has to deal with any discrimination etc from it.

I then came out to my close friends (most of whom are/were not-straight) within a month of coming out to myself, and to my parents within six months.

I now have a girlfriend who I am very happy with (been together for 6 months) and my family knows and likes her. So I guess my "coming out" story has a happy ending.

User Image Hi, Diane! Welcome to the thread. <3 Your story's really cool; I'm pretty jealous. How'd you meet your girlfriend? User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff