Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey, a new poll! Would you be willing to help update the (rather lacking) information on the front page?

No thanks - I'm here to learn and I don't think I know enough. 0.14197530864198 14.2% [ 23 ]
No thanks - I'm just not interested. 0.08641975308642 8.6% [ 14 ]
No thanks - I'm absurdly busy! 0.1358024691358 13.6% [ 22 ]
Maybe, depending. I want to ask Gil a few questions first. 0.25308641975309 25.3% [ 41 ]
Of course I would! I'll go PM Gil right now. 0.049382716049383 4.9% [ 8 ]
I like clicking options on polls 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 54 ]
Total Votes:[ 162 ]

Profitable Browser

9,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Voter 100
Vampyre_Angel_Kiss
Hey...

I'm Vendetta. I'm a 21 year-old pansexual.. and...

I've been driven into secrecy by those who don't understand, and those who hate. People call me a 'slut', a 'whore', a 'lying b***h', a 'c***', and so on. Really, all I'm aiming for is some support.

Maybe a friend or two.

Hello, welcome to the thread. You're definitely supported here. There will always be those that don't understand and hate what they don't understand but there are also those that will always love and support you. Forget about those people that call you a "slut", a "whore", etc. They don't know you and obviously don't understand pansexuality. I'm sure you're a great person.

Sweet Shapeshifter

15,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Noble Shade 100
I get this from everyone in my family.. people who know my by rumor.. everyone but my boyfriend of 4 years and D&D group.. it's kind of sad. I have to pretend to be this straight girl, interested in boring drama crap when I don't care. I just- I care when people are abusive.. and stuff.. but when it comes to 'oh, such and such is hot' or 'why are guys/girls so this or that' I'm just all 'why do you give any f***s over this silly crapola..' and it's.. stupid.. I just want to be comfortable.
Flickering Hope
Hello, welcome to the thread. You're definitely supported here. There will always be those that don't understand and hate what they don't understand but there are also those that will always love and support you. Forget about those people that call you a "slut", a "whore", etc. They don't know you and obviously don't understand pansexuality. I'm sure you're a great person.

Profitable Browser

9,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Voter 100
Vampyre_Angel_Kiss
I get this from everyone in my family.. people who know my by rumor.. everyone but my boyfriend of 4 years and D&D group.. it's kind of sad. I have to pretend to be this straight girl, interested in boring drama crap when I don't care. I just- I care when people are abusive.. and stuff.. but when it comes to 'oh, such and such is hot' or 'why are guys/girls so this or that' I'm just all 'why do you give any f***s over this silly crapola..' and it's.. stupid.. I just want to be comfortable.
Flickering Hope

It is stupid and I don't understand why anyone cares about that. We'll do our best to make you feel comfortable here and I hope that you can find comfort in real life as well. Why do you have to pretend to be interested in boring drama crap? Interests say nothing about someone's sexuality. If you're not interested then can't you just say that you're not interested?

Sweet Shapeshifter

15,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Noble Shade 100
I've honestly tried that, and people are like 'What are you, some queer freak or something?' People can be THAT self-centered/fixated on boring drama. And, it somehow always ends up with homophobic whispers. This is with my FAMILY, the people I have to live with.. for now. It always just- argh. I dropped all my friends for it, because I can control that, Family, no such luck, and. It. Drives. Me. In-freakin-sane. Thank you for listening, it took a lot to open up.
Flickering Hope
It is stupid and I don't understand why anyone cares about that. We'll do our best to make you feel comfortable here and I hope that you can find comfort in real life as well. Why do you have to pretend to be interested in boring drama crap? Interests say nothing about someone's sexuality. If you're not interested then can't you just say that you're not interested?

Profitable Browser

9,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Voter 100
Vampyre_Angel_Kiss
I've honestly tried that, and people are like 'What are you, some queer freak or something?' People can be THAT self-centered/fixated on boring drama. And, it somehow always ends up with homophobic whispers. This is with my FAMILY, the people I have to live with.. for now. It always just- argh. I dropped all my friends for it, because I can control that, Family, no such luck, and. It. Drives. Me. In-freakin-sane. Thank you for listening, it took a lot to open up.
Flickering Hope

Well I try to listen and give help and support wherever I can. I know how important it can be just to have someone reply. Sometimes I feel really alone and just having someone reply to one of my posts helps me feel a little less alone.

I think its ridiculous to make assumptions about people based on what they care and don't care about. What people like and what they don't like. Personality and sexuality are not related. People are people and each person is different. Too many people seem to try and lump everything together that they don't realize this.

Sweet Shapeshifter

15,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Noble Shade 100
I think so, too, but.. it's not up to me.. at least my boyfriend loves me for it. He's firmly straight, but he never minded the fact I'm pan. So long as I don't force him to be, ever. -smiles-
Flickering Hope
Well I try to listen and give help and support wherever I can. I know how important it can be just to have someone reply. Sometimes I feel really alone and just having someone reply to one of my posts helps me feel a little less alone.

I think its ridiculous to make assumptions about people based on what they care and don't care about. What people like and what they don't like. Personality and sexuality are not related. People are people and each person is different. Too many people seem to try and lump everything together that they don't realize this.

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

7,000 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Vampyre_Angel_Kiss
Flickering Hope
Why yes, yes I am! emotion_awesome I love people's faces emotion_awesome emotion_awesome

Hunter

Hi, I'm a 22 year old transgender guy. Pre everything sadly minus the binder I wear everyday. I might as well live in the oddest place to be a trans guy. Utah. I just in need of some friends...some other trans guys or just sone epic friends ^^b

Profitable Browser

9,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Voter 100
Biting Brice
Hi, I'm a 22 year old transgender guy. Pre everything sadly minus the binder I wear everyday. I might as well live in the oddest place to be a trans guy. Utah. I just in need of some friends...some other trans guys or just sone epic friends ^^b

Hello, welcome to the thread. I'm a 20 year old transgender girl, also pre everything. You should be able to meet some other trans guys in this thread. You can also come and join us over in the transtastic thread. http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/lifestyle-discussion/transtastic-support-for-the-proud-trans-population/t.63473529/

Dangerous Builder

6,000 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50
Hi. I've been browsing through threads all evening and this seems like one that could be useful to me, and that I could hopefully help people out in.

I've mostly been lucky when it comes to gay rights and such. Both my parents have gay friends and such, so I've never seen it as anything unusual. I think the only time I've ever reacted to it was when my mum told me that her friend was going to live in Mexico with her girlfriend, and I asked if the friend's housemate knew (I was about nine so sexuality wasn't really mentioned to me, and I wasn't aware that the friend was a lesbian. I also thought that she was in a relationship with her housemate. He's also gay, apparently. They found it hilarious).
I'm pansexual - could possibly be bi, but I identify more with pan. I think ever since I started liking people, and my friends have had discussions about sex and stuff, I've always said that 'I don't really care who's doing stuff to me, as long as they're doing it well'. I got thinking about that, around February of this year, about whether it would actually mean anything to me to do stuff with a girl. That turned into deciding I'd like to experiment - my boyfriend was pretty pleased with that, as one might suspect . . . I had a plan to try and see if one of my close female friends might be open to doing stuff while we were on holiday together, but then I decided I wasn't interested in her enough that way. I think when I actually realised I was pan, I was in a discussion with my boyfriend about experimenting. I'd been researching stuff to pass the time, and pansexuality just made sense to me. Looking back, there's a lot of times when I've started to look at a woman and told myself not to, and times where I've had crushes on girls and just ignored it as me being a weirdo.
My friends and the people I mix with in general tend to be the misfits of the world, so I'm surrounded by quite a large community of gay-and-other-sexuality- people. My boyfriend has a friend who's asexual, we have several bisexual friends, my best friend is gay and came out when he was 13, and so on, so I never even considered hiding it from my friends. I just started more openly mentioning stuff, and it's never even been questioned.
It took me a while to come out to my mum, partly because I just couldn't be bothered - me and my boyfriend are pretty serious, so I decided if I was ever going to bring anyone else home, I'd tell her. I just went for it one day, and explained what it was. She makes pan jokes sometimes (not especially derogatory ones, and she'd stop if I asked her to, just ones like 'that's your restaurant' when we went past the Pan Asian Kitchen, and the usual 'so do you get off to pans and stuff, then?'. There was a guy I mentioned it to, and he asked if it meant I could cook things in my v****a >.< wink but mostly she doesn't mention it. She has become a little weird about it occasinally, by implying that maybe I'm straight and I've just misunderstood what it is.
There. Sorry for rambling . . .

Versatile Lunatic

14,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Hey guys, I know I'm not usually posting on here much. Dang you college!

I just wanted to say that my friend came out to me as trans a few days ago and I'm really proud of her (I'm still using female pronouns since she hasn't come out to all her friends yet and she suggested that I still call her by her birth name and use female pronouns until she comes out to the rest of her friends).

Sweet Shapeshifter

15,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Noble Shade 100
twisted I like how you think -evil cackle-
Externae Spatio Centurio
Why yes, yes I am! emotion_awesome I love people's faces emotion_awesome emotion_awesome

Profitable Browser

9,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Voter 100
TigerLilyChick

I just wanted to say that my friend came out to me as trans a few days ago and I'm really proud of her (I'm still using female pronouns since she hasn't come out to all her friends yet and she suggested that I still call her by her birth name and use female pronouns until she comes out to the rest of her friends).

That was really brave of your friend and I'm glad that you're supportive. Supportive friends are great, I'm lucky that the two friends that I've told have been supportive. I can understand your friend not wanting to switch pronouns until they are out to everyone else but make sure that you switch if your friend asks you to. Also, make sure you support them through this, support is very important.

Sweet Shapeshifter

15,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Flickering's right. Support is all things to people coming out..
Flickering Hope
TigerLilyChick

That was really brave of your friend and I'm glad that you're supportive. Supportive friends are great, I'm lucky that the two friends that I've told have been supportive. I can understand your friend not wanting to switch pronouns until they are out to everyone else but make sure that you switch if your friend asks you to. Also, make sure you support them through this, support is very important.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff