Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey, a new poll! Would you be willing to help update the (rather lacking) information on the front page?

No thanks - I'm here to learn and I don't think I know enough. 0.14197530864198 14.2% [ 23 ]
No thanks - I'm just not interested. 0.08641975308642 8.6% [ 14 ]
No thanks - I'm absurdly busy! 0.1358024691358 13.6% [ 22 ]
Maybe, depending. I want to ask Gil a few questions first. 0.25308641975309 25.3% [ 41 ]
Of course I would! I'll go PM Gil right now. 0.049382716049383 4.9% [ 8 ]
I like clicking options on polls 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 54 ]
Total Votes:[ 162 ]

Dapper Phantom

Metrosexual is not a sexuality. It's when a heterosexual man "looks gay".

Lonely Perfectionist

18,575 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Champion 300
Severinsen
peterrrrrrr
Severinsen
peterrrrrrr
What is the weфther like today?

Snowy...

I like when it is snowing biggrin

I think it's been snowing too much now v_v

Today is a strong wind. pirate
Muffinyness
Seeing as I saw someone have a sexuality flag in their sig I have to say that as an asexual I am a fan of the color scheme even though there's purple in there. Haha.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

i like the redone rainbow flag with less colors xD- and the ones with the slightly faded colors
it just seems more relaxing than full blown rainbow if u know what i mean..

cylleona's Partner

Interstellar Abomination

Severinsen
bitBlackmage
Satanasapphic
I don't know where to put this question, but here seems like a good place. So how many sexualities are there? Off the top of my head, there's gay, lesbian, bisexual, asexual, pansexual, and heterosexual. Are there any more or does that basically cover it?

Questioning.
Omnisexual?

I don't know about those two, but there they are.

There's also:
Metrosexual
Tri-sexual
Objectum-sexual
Glam-sexual
Zoosexual
Sapiosexual
Pomosexual
Autosexual
Androsexual
Sociosexual
Sadosexual
Ehsexual
Buysexual

But I guess those are a little more unknown sweatdrop

adding to this list ehehe

Polysexual
Skoliosexual
Gynesexual

[and yeah, metrosexual doesn't count.]

Malevolent Firestarter

5,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Profitable 100
Most of those terms are too obscure or too specific to warrant actual use. I've never heard of half of them. If you go around using most of those to describe yourself, you'll be spending a lot more time explaining just what the hell you just said.
bitBlackmage
Severinsen
bitBlackmage
Satanasapphic
I don't know where to put this question, but here seems like a good place. So how many sexualities are there? Off the top of my head, there's gay, lesbian, bisexual, asexual, pansexual, and heterosexual. Are there any more or does that basically cover it?

Questioning.
Omnisexual?

I don't know about those two, but there they are.

There's also:
Metrosexual
Tri-sexual
Objectum-sexual
Glam-sexual

Zoosexual
Sapiosexual
Pomosexual

Autosexual
Androsexual
Sociosexual
Sadosexual
Ehsexual
Buysexual

But I guess those are a little more unknown sweatdrop

I'd like to know more about the items that I put in bold. Autosexuals I already know about. Peados and zoos I also know about, but forgive me, I'd like to know less about them. Heh. sweatdrop

Also, androsexual... does that apply to sex or just gender/gender presentation? If so, I'd have to find a proper name for my sexuality.

Androsexual is to either sex or gender. The attraction to either men or masculinity.
Pomosexual is someone who refuses to categorize themselves within sexual social constructs.
Sapiosexual is someone attracted to sapience.
Objectum sexual is someone attracted to inanimate objects.

The remainder sound as if they stem from culture and may not necessarily be commonly or widely recognized, or are other terms worded into a sexuality. Sadosexual is more or less sadism. Glam and buy, from what I could find, are pretty self explanatory, although I don't know if they're actual sexualities or terms that spun off from stereotypes about a particular sexuality that portmanteued to be a word with a -sexuality suffix. Ehsexuality isn't particularly clear, nor is there really any consistent information available concerning it. It either sounds like pomosexual or people attracted to Canadians, from a quick look.

All said and done, I'm all for people loving whatever they want to so long as there's no harm to come from it, but my word, the terminology.

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Melody Niwa
So I'm a straight girl, all for gay GLBTQ rights 100%. I've been meaning to post here to show my support but didn't know if I should since I'm straight. Then I read the opening posts and figured out I'd be welcome.

So...hi! emotion_c8

Hello Melody! Welcome to this thread! I'm a straight ally just like you, and as the other members said before, straight allies are always welcome here.

4,600 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
OMG... so annoyed with fandom and most m/m fans/readers... emotion_facepalm

Tennants
Androsexual is to either sex or gender. The attraction to either men or masculinity.
Pomosexual is someone who refuses to categorize themselves within sexual social constructs.
Sapiosexual is someone attracted to sapience.
Objectum sexual is someone attracted to inanimate objects.

The remainder sound as if they stem from culture and may not necessarily be commonly or widely recognized, or are other terms worded into a sexuality. Sadosexual is more or less sadism. Glam and buy, from what I could find, are pretty self explanatory, although I don't know if they're actual sexualities or terms that spun off from stereotypes about a particular sexuality that portmanteued to be a word with a -sexuality suffix. Ehsexuality isn't particularly clear, nor is there really any consistent information available concerning it. It either sounds like pomosexual or people attracted to Canadians, from a quick look.

All said and done, I'm all for people loving whatever they want to so long as there's no harm to come from it, but my word, the terminology.

Ah well then this leaves me in greater contemplation of my self... I'm tempted to just say gynesexual even if I prefer femmesexual.

Fashionable Genius

8,400 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Dandrogyny
Metrosexual is not a sexuality. It's when a heterosexual man "looks gay".

I'm just counting all of the above. Some people think it infact is some kind of sexuality, some people don't. That's just who they are.

Greedy Fatcat

KarasuG
Most of those terms are too obscure or too specific to warrant actual use. I've never heard of half of them. If you go around using most of those to describe yourself, you'll be spending a lot more time explaining just what the hell you just said.

I'm afraid I have to agree with this.
So what if I'm only attracted to financially poor but intellectually wealthy brunette Canadian women with size 6 shoes? Should I come up with a new word or just say lesbian?

But I'm a very binarial person in that regard since I never had trouble identifying within existing brackets so what the hell do I know anyway. rolleyes

4,600 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I wonder if cis people experience a even tiny bit of GD and if they do, do they know about it? I mean are they aware of it in some way? confused

Fashionable Genius

8,400 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Karoish
KarasuG

I'm afraid I have to agree with this.
So what if I'm only attracted to financially poor but intellectually wealthy brunette Canadian women with size 6 shoes? Should I come up with a new word or just say lesbian?

But I'm a very binarial person in that regard since I never had trouble identifying within existing brackets so what the hell do I know anyway. rolleyes

Ha ha, amusing! 4laugh
Well, I get your point, but I was simply elaborating many options~
Some people want to put everything into small boxes and organize it until you have so many boxes you don't even remember where what is. Some may not even use the main sexualities and just call everyone sexual beings or something... xD
So, there are many ways to define and organize everything in this world. If you choose to do it or not it's up to you, and you may also choose which way to do it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff