Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey, a new poll! Would you be willing to help update the (rather lacking) information on the front page?

No thanks - I'm here to learn and I don't think I know enough. 0.14197530864198 14.2% [ 23 ]
No thanks - I'm just not interested. 0.08641975308642 8.6% [ 14 ]
No thanks - I'm absurdly busy! 0.1358024691358 13.6% [ 22 ]
Maybe, depending. I want to ask Gil a few questions first. 0.25308641975309 25.3% [ 41 ]
Of course I would! I'll go PM Gil right now. 0.049382716049383 4.9% [ 8 ]
I like clicking options on polls 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 54 ]
Total Votes:[ 162 ]

StarLightBreak's Husband

Married Noob

9,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Umbral_Necropolitan
scovill99999
KarasuG
I don't know how much longer I'll be able to stand living with that woman I'm forced to refer to as my mother.

She's a critic of absolutely everyone and she makes every single one of her opinions known, especially if they're LGBTQX-related. And if I ever tell her to keep her opinions to herself she goes ballistic.

I have the same problem... I wish I could move out already XP

I have a similar problem but its a little different, my mom flips s**t whenever I bring up how Republicans are douche bags to LGBT. She goes on and on about how the "gay extremists" are horrible people and hurt their own cause rather than trying to defend right wing politics.

I know the reason she tries to deflect the argument is because she cannot make a good argument. Sad thing is that she doesn't seem to understand how mean spirited her speech can be to me as someone who is both B and T.

Luckily I don't have to be around her constantly though as I have a house of my own, away from her. Don't get me wrong though, I love my mother and she is okay to be around as long as the subject doesn't come up.

/vent

gay extremists? Does she mean the actual Gay people, who are just trying to fight for their own future? No wonder we're so extreme, because you know, it kinda directly affects us... And I don't think we're hurting our cause, it's people like that, that are hurting our cause....

And sorry, that must've been a pain when you had to live with her :/

Invisible Gekko

5,100 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100
I know I haven't posted here, and I definitely will try to more in the future (looks like an awesome thread), but I have a survey regarding homophobia that I'm doing for one of my classes. I would be eternally grateful if any of you would be willing to fill it out. The link is here. Enter as much personal information as you are comfortable with, and no more. It remains completely anonymous, it just asks for location and age data. Thanks in advance!
I started hanging around the gay scene in 2005 and I never heard most of these sexualitys and orientations except here on gaia hahahaha

Hallowed Wench

scovill99999
Umbral_Necropolitan
scovill99999
KarasuG
I don't know how much longer I'll be able to stand living with that woman I'm forced to refer to as my mother.

She's a critic of absolutely everyone and she makes every single one of her opinions known, especially if they're LGBTQX-related. And if I ever tell her to keep her opinions to herself she goes ballistic.

I have the same problem... I wish I could move out already XP

I have a similar problem but its a little different, my mom flips s**t whenever I bring up how Republicans are douche bags to LGBT. She goes on and on about how the "gay extremists" are horrible people and hurt their own cause rather than trying to defend right wing politics.

I know the reason she tries to deflect the argument is because she cannot make a good argument. Sad thing is that she doesn't seem to understand how mean spirited her speech can be to me as someone who is both B and T.

Luckily I don't have to be around her constantly though as I have a house of my own, away from her. Don't get me wrong though, I love my mother and she is okay to be around as long as the subject doesn't come up.

/vent

gay extremists? Does she mean the actual Gay people, who are just trying to fight for their own future? No wonder we're so extreme, because you know, it kinda directly affects us... And I don't think we're hurting our cause, it's people like that, that are hurting our cause....

And sorry, that must've been a pain when you had to live with her :/

Actually it wasn't that bad since I'd just deflect the issue when it came up, although I'm sure it contributed to me being a closet case till I was in my mid twenties. Had I come out as a teenager, I think my life would have been rougher. Luckily for me, my mother's love for me outweighed her prejudices.

Shirtless Lunatic

6,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Malevolent Firestarter

5,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Profitable 100
******** this.

I have had enough of dealing with everyone else's problems with no one caring about my own.

From now on, all of you can go ******** yourselves if you don't care.
Hello, everyone! 4laugh

I'm a 20 year old panromantic (though at times, I lean more towards homoromantic) asexual. I found out about asexuality in December 2010, and I've been relatively content with my orientation/identity since then.

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi. ^__^ If anyone ever needs someone to talk to, my inbox is always open. Take care!

Profitable Browser

9,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Voter 100
The Amberluna
Hello, everyone! 4laugh

I'm a 20 year old panromantic (though at times, I lean more towards homoromantic) asexual. I found out about asexuality in December 2010, and I've been relatively content with my orientation/identity since then.

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi. ^__^ If anyone ever needs someone to talk to, my inbox is always open. Take care!

Hello, welcome to the thread. It's definitely a good feeling when you feel relatively content with your orientation/identity. I'm still trying to come to terms with my transsexual identity but it's getting better. I'm feeling a little more confident and I am starting to come to terms with it. It can still be hard accepting it at times but at least I know who I am.

Profitable Browser

9,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Voter 100
[******** this.

I have had enough of dealing with everyone else's problems with no one caring about my own.

Don't think that we don't care about your problems. I'm sure that there's many people that do care. Sometimes it might seem as though you're being ignored because sometimes a post can be missed, often times the last post of a page or if there have been several posts in one day that many people won't take the time to read them all. If you have a question or something of the sort then post it. We will support you, try our best to answer you and give you any advice that we can.
Flickering Hope
The Amberluna
Hello, everyone! 4laugh

Hello, welcome to the thread. It's definitely a good feeling when you feel relatively content with your orientation/identity. I'm still trying to come to terms with my transsexual identity but it's getting better. I'm feeling a little more confident and I am starting to come to terms with it. It can still be hard accepting it at times but at least I know who I am.
How long have you been identifying as transsexual? smile It's good that you're feeling more confident with the whole thing, though. I can only imagine how hard that must be.

Profitable Browser

9,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Voter 100
The Amberluna
Flickering Hope
The Amberluna
Hello, everyone! 4laugh

How long have you been identifying as transsexual? smile It's good that you're feeling more confident with the whole thing, though. I can only imagine how hard that must be.

I've had feelings about wanting to be a girl since I was about 10 (I'm 19 now). I haven't been identifying as trans for that long though. I guess I officially came out to myself and started identifying as trans in late November/early December. It definitely is hard. I'm still in the closet, except for my two best friends, and I have absolutely no idea how the rest of my friends and family will react. The topic has actually never come up so I can't make a prediction based off of anything.
Flickering Hope
The Amberluna
Flickering Hope
The Amberluna
Hello, everyone! 4laugh

I've had feelings about wanting to be a girl since I was about 10 (I'm 19 now). I haven't been identifying as trans for that long though. I guess I officially came out to myself and started identifying as trans in late November/early December. It definitely is hard. I'm still in the closet, except for my two best friends, and I have absolutely no idea how the rest of my friends and family will react. The topic has actually never come up so I can't make a prediction based off of anything.
Ah. Growing up must have been hard for you.

But at least you've made the first step by admitting it to yourself. That's the most important thing in the end. As long as you're comfortable with your identity, it really doesn't matter what other people think. heart Are your two best friends supportive? As for telling your family... Don't feel like you have to explain things right away. That can be scary.

Malevolent Firestarter

5,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Profitable 100
[******** this.

Celestial_Mana
Whhhaaatttt? I care!
Flickering Hope
Don't think that we don't care about your problems. I'm sure that there's many people that do care. Sometimes it might seem as though you're being ignored because sometimes a post can be missed, often times the last post of a page or if there have been several posts in one day that many people won't take the time to read them all. If you have a question or something of the sort then post it. We will support you, try our best to answer you and give you any advice that we can.
Not you people here >v>

Just ranting about the assholes I have to deal with irl on a daily basis.

You guys here are awesome. <3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces