Welcome to Gaia! ::

A few seed catalogs are coming in, I'll add some reviews to the list.
I only have a humble garden, but I always grow onions, garlic, cherry tomatoes and strawberries.
There's a small part that I dedicate to growing flowers for the bee population, but I'm still wondering which ones I should add this year. Anyone have any suggestions?

Liberal Receiver

It's currently winter here, and aside from pine trees, most things are dormant or dead.

I did plant garlic last fall though, and I'm hoping to have an insane amount this spring - if the rabbits, deer, chipmunks, and other fauna don't get it all on me.
I do, however have strawberry bushes that are twice-a-year bloomers(Spring and fall.), and a cool weather climbing rose bush.(Does the majority of it's blooming in spring and fall, yet the majority of it's growing in summer.)

In my regular garden, I have two types of basil(Thai basil and globe.), two kinds of chives(Garlic and onion.), Thyme, Sage, Lavender, Sweet mint, and winter savory for the herbs. Every year I attempt to add two more plants to the spice garden - which so far has proven to be way more cost effective than buying jars of spice.
In the one year of growing sage, I had the equivalent of an entire bottle of sage by end-of-season. I even used it on this year's turkey.
One bottle of sage is .99c/1.75oz for a non organic variety, all the way up to 3/21oz organic. Sage comes back every year, so I've effectively spent 4 to 5$ on unlimited sage.
I'm not certain what I'm going to add this year. I mean, there's an endless supply of what I'd like to grow - but quite a few don't grow in the zone I live in.(Growing zone 5A.)

Beloved Guildswoman

10,500 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Generous 100
Arachnera
I only have a humble garden, but I always grow onions, garlic, cherry tomatoes and strawberries.
There's a small part that I dedicate to growing flowers for the bee population, but I'm still wondering which ones I should add this year. Anyone have any suggestions?

Well this year I plan to grow some zinnas its a full blooming flower, blooms alot and for a good time

Interesting Autobiographer

11,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Generous 100
I LOVE to garden. I cant wait for next month I finally got an apartment with a balcony, so I am limited to what I can grow. So far I have decided on 2 tomato plants, a strawberry plant, snap beans, basil, onions in a large pot, and some peas (maybe).
Ahh I love to garden. We have a pretty varied garden: hosta, iris, wormwood (one of my favorites tbh), tulips, marigolds, hydrangea, roses, lilac, lilies (I think day lilies), delphinium, tomatoes (which grew to be taller than my 6'4" dad lmao), cucumber, snap peas, green beans, squash, and probably a few other things that I'm forgetting.
My family goes hardcore in the spring and summer haha. I really can't wait to start planting again this year, I'm trying to convince my mom to plant a blueberry bush. u v u

Blessed Gaian

10,875 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Awesome! Just waiting on some grass seeds to grow for my tortoise to graze on inside their enclosure. Wanting to replant some geraniums and hostas from the front yard into the enclosure as well.

Fashionable Sex Symbol

14,075 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
Going to be growing many veggies soon. And, some venus fly traps. biggrin

Friendly Bookworm

I am starting a container garden of herbs and veggies/berries. Got my seeds the other day and will start in March.

Invisible Hunter

8,300 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Invisibility 100
earlier this season I had some peas growing indoors.... and some pole beans but eventually my cats decided the plants could not stay. so I sadly had to remove them. But next time around... emotion_kirakira

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff