Welcome to Gaia! ::

How much fur can you flaunt?

Full fursuit! 0.074143771170493 7.4% [ 197 ]
Partial - head, sleves and paws 0.042529168234851 4.3% [ 113 ]
Ears + tails + other accessories 0.13662024840045 13.7% [ 363 ]
Just my tail! 0.041023710952202 4.1% [ 109 ]
None, but I want the whole suit D: 0.083552879187053 8.4% [ 222 ]
None, but I just want a tail... OK, maybe some ears too x3 0.097478359051562 9.7% [ 259 ]
Don't have one, don't want one 0.17237485886338 17.2% [ 458 ]
Non furry, Just curious 0.35227700414001 35.2% [ 936 ]
Total Votes:[ 2657 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 898 899 900 > >> >>> »|

Adorable Shapeshifter

Welcome to the LD's now somewhat permanent, somewhat official Furry thread!

Now that we're XXX pages deep, I think its time to update the first post (I do review this and keep it relevant to the conversation at paw, I swear) (That's a lie, I really don't anymore. I just come and change the thread title whenever it serves to entertain me. Bad raccoon). I'd like to thank all the contributors, we've had some very interesting points made and still further interesting counter points (Sometimes this still happens. Not often, but sometimes. I miss when random people would come in and ask us about furries. Please come back anons. Ask us about furry things!). I'd like to see this discussion continued as I feel the more its talked about the better understanding we all come to have.

When it comes to furries there seems to be a lack of definition and boundaries as to what does and does not constitute a furry. For the sake of argument and to make some clear lines in the sand I'm going to first split the furry community up into two groups. First are what I will call the furry lifestylers and the second being what most would call the fandom. Furry lifestylers are persons who do have a fursona and consider it a part of their personal identity, are physically attracted to anthropomorphized animals (though not necessarily sexually), and make being a furry a part of their daily routine. The fandom consists of persons who appreciate the art and subculture. They may or may not have a fursona but do not consider it a contributing part of their personality. Being a furry is done as a hobby because its "fun to do".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Topics for debate:

First: Do you have a fursona? Does it represent a part of your personality or is it only a character you developed to represent yourself? Does having a fursona been something that has shaped how you interact socially?

Second: At what point dose someone cross over from being a furry fan to being a true furry? There are many fans who do wear tails and ears on occasion and there some who go further and wear a full suit. But does just having the swag make you a furry? There are many who would never admit this to friends and family much less strangers. What about those who may not have a suit, but do introduce themselves as their fursona to furs and non furs alike? Are you open and up front about being a furry?

Third: Furry sexuality is a highly contested topic. There seems to be great taboo brought on by fear of being singled out, shame or embarrassment, about admitting to the sexual aspects of the furry community. Do you feel that its only "a few perverts" ruining it for the rest of us, or do you believe that most furs live in denial of the sexual undertones and overtones of the community, does this difference of opinions lie in weather your a lifestyler or a fan? Does being open or being secretive about being a furry make a difference in how you feel? Is admitting that there is either a real or perceived sexual nature to furries something that should be confronted or left alone?

Forth: Fursuits. Do you want one? Do you have one? Is it a partial, a full suit, just tails and ears, or something in between? Did you have yours commissioned or did you make it yourself. Is it of your fursona or is it just a random character costume? Any recommendations for people shopping for a suit of their own? Building/crafting tips for those who plan to make their own? How do you feel about toony vs. realistic suits? Maybe something in between? Let us know!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regulars:

We have several furs in addition to myself who have made checking up on the thread and answering questions part of their daily routine. If you have questions, I'm sure one of these fabulous furs will give you an answer. Or if you don't like mine, then definitely be sure to redirect to one of them. They're less firebrand then I am... Anyways, they are in no particular order:

Zeren the Pokemorph - McCarthyism Uber-Enforcer
Hiacinth - Comes and goes

Best quote of the thread:

Norel Lorre
Remember, a fursuit counts as NEITHER a helmet OR oven mitts. The only thing a fursuit can protect you from is the watchful eye of God.

Best quote of not this thread:

WintersnowTR
Zeren the Pokemorph
WintersnowTR
I'm like Salt, I add flavor and burn wounds.
Not entirely true, you don't spike my blood pressure.
Give it time.

Raccoon law. I thought this was worth making note of:

WintersnowTR
Fact #2: Anything said by a raccoon will hold true in a raccoon court of law. Judged by raccoon peers. According to raccoon law. All of the above are true raccoon facts.
WintersnowTR
Fact #3: Raccoon facts are always true at the time they are said. But a raccoon fact that contradicts a previous raccoon fact does not invalidate a raccoon fact made at an earlier point in time. They are both true. However the raccoon fact that best accommodates the situation at paw will be considered "More true" for raccoon intent and purpose.
WintersnowTR
Fact #4: Raccoon facts have no continuity. And are always true.

Frost - The resident troll (Long since gone, but I miss him.)

Frost started trolling our thread some time back, tirelessly downvoting the thread (yes, we once upon a time had a considerable number of up votes) with an endless army of mule accounts. Can't give you his name at the current moment as Gaia bans his accounts with some regularity.

Frost
Wintersnow the raccoon
The furry thread still remembers you. We talk about you with some bit of regularity.

Usually when people ask us why we have so many down votes. Credit where credit is due.
I down voted your thread so much somewhere along the line I started liking the thread itself.
Frost
Captain Weasels
how does it feel to have so many people who think you're degens and s**t?

Furies, got down voted to s**t, laughed it off and integrated their troll
trans- got down voted cried about it, was the worst thing ever, cried oppression

Furies may be weird as ********, but they're good peeps

With all that said, thus far we've had some great contributions to the discussion with a minimal furry bashing. I hope this thread continues on this trend as we get more people joining out of curiosity and leaving better informed. I know we've even had a couple people introduced to a community and lifestyle they were a part of and that they didn't even know existed.

Enjoy life, shake that tail and flaunt your fur, its what furries do best d=(^.~)z

Hygienic Smoker

3,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
why do you do this?

Adorable Shapeshifter

HolyMuffDiver
why do you do this?
Well thats a rather vague question. Care to elaborate?

Familiar Poster

I don't get it, you think you're another animal other than a homosapien? or a mixture of some sort?....which would literally be impossible....unless....well whatever scientists do to dabble with nature expirements.

Hygienic Smoker

3,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
marshmallowpigeon
HolyMuffDiver
why do you do this?

is it sexual in nature? do you just enjoy dressing up? is it your form of escapism? are you trolling? why do fury's make such big deals about being fury's?

Kindly Lunatic

[******** off.

Adorable Shapeshifter

zaptar13
I don't get it, you think you're another animal other than a homosapien? or a mixture of some sort?....which would literally be impossible....unless....well whatever scientists do to dabble with nature expirements.
Ahh, now that's a question that I can answer.

And no, Its not that I think I'm a raccoon (mind you, I can only speak for myself). Its more of a, raccoons best repersent my personality in an animal form.

Adored Admirer

I knew some furries. They were good friends.

Familiar Poster

marshmallowpigeon
zaptar13

And no, Its not that I think I'm a raccoon (mind you, I can only speak for myself). Its more of a, raccoons best repersent my personality in an animal form.
....So, you wear masks, lik to go out late at night, and you knock over my garbage cans and eat the contents?....Or...what about a raccoon do you find comparable exactly?

Adorable Shapeshifter

HolyMuffDiver
marshmallowpigeon
HolyMuffDiver
why do you do this?

is it sexual in nature? do you just enjoy dressing up? is it your form of escapism? are you trolling? why do fury's make such big deals about being fury's?
Much better.

For the most part, no but there is a sexual part to it, I can go more in depth if you wish. I do enjoy dressing up, for most, its a way of being someone that they normally arn't... an idealized self if you will. to a degree. no, I'm not. We like the attention for one, and its more so to get the attention of other furries (the point of this tread was such), The rest of you just happen to be looking at it.

Adorable Shapeshifter

Pseudo-Onkelos
I knew some furries. They were good friends.
I like to think most are decent people :3

Blessed Star

15,550 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Partygoer 500
Gaia has just as many haters as 4chan these days it seems, which is kinda funny considering the kind of website that it is lol cat_rolleyes

Hygienic Smoker

3,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
marshmallowpigeon
HolyMuffDiver
marshmallowpigeon
HolyMuffDiver
why do you do this?

Much better.

For the most part, no but there is a sexual part to it, I can go more in depth if you wish. I do enjoy dressing up, for most, its a way of being someone that they normally arn't... an idealized self if you will. to a degree. no, I'm not. We like the attention for one, and its more so to get the attention of other furries (the point of this tread was such), The rest of you just happen to be looking at it.

do you have pics of your furry suit? or atleast the head piece? out of curiosity/

Adorable Shapeshifter

zaptar13
marshmallowpigeon
zaptar13

....So, you wear masks, lik to go out late at night, and you knock over my garbage cans and eat the contents?....Or...what about a raccoon do you find comparable exactly?
Raccoons are cleaver, problem solvers, cleanly (don't let the garbage cans fool you, they wash their food), social, curious, they like shinies, and to be honest, they're just plain cute.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff