Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greedy Consumer

Such as smoke pot regularly, drink regularly, do one or multiple drugs regularly, even medications ...any substance someone takes that drastically changes them.
I just need support right now from people who know what this is like. I've lost a lot of friends in the past to drugs and drinking, but right now I'm struggling with the extreme change of a best friend. It's making me feel really alone, because they are no longer themselves. I can't rely on them the way I used to be able to. Their moods have changed. I'm very affected by this.
Anyone else in the same boat?
I have a sister who's a drug addict, and a lot of people I know smoke pot, but nothing drastic. Why the ******** who I befriend a coke head? I don't need that.

Greedy Consumer

tj is no butt face
I have a sister who's a drug addict, and a lot of people I know smoke pot, but nothing drastic. Why the ******** who I befriend a coke head? I don't need that.

I just got my sister back into my life, and she's my best friend. Her and I are so close ...other than her, I kind of keep to myself (these days). Now she's been self-medicating with weed, which I was alright with (to help her cope with her depression & anxiety) but it's starting to change her in ways that affect me.
It sucks. I feel alone all over again.

Girl-Crazy Bloodsucker

For some reason, almost everyone I befriend in real life ends up with a drug or drinking promblem somewhere down the line.
emotion_8c

Dedicated Loiterer

In the shift between high school and college, I lost a lot of my friends for reasons like that. They thought being older justified partying all the time, doing drugs, etc. I was never sad about it, just disappointed. I grew up with a lot of these people, and I knew they were smarter than they were acting. Eventually it got to the point where they just didn't care how I felt about it, and I didn't really want to care if they weren't going to. Now we've gone our separate ways, and quite honestly, I'm happier with a smaller group of close friends.

If your friend cares enough, talk to them, let them know what's bothering you. If they don't care what you have to say, then you shouldn't either.
tinklR
tj is no butt face

I just got my sister back into my life, and she's my best friend. Her and I are so close ...other than her, I kind of keep to myself (these days). Now she's been self-medicating with weed, which I was alright with (to help her cope with her depression & anxiety) but it's starting to change her in ways that affect me.
Go to therapy and get it all out.

Greedy Consumer

tj is no butt face
tinklR
tj is no butt face

Go to therapy and get it all out.

i can't talk to my therapist
her mind is very limited
i just wanted to get this off of my chest right now and see if anyone relates.

Greedy Consumer

RoyalFaps
In the shift between high school and college, I lost a lot of my friends for reasons like that. They thought being older justified partying all the time, doing drugs, etc. I was never sad about it, just disappointed. I grew up with a lot of these people, and I knew they were smarter than they were acting. Eventually it got to the point where they just didn't care how I felt about it, and I didn't really want to care if they weren't going to. Now we've gone our separate ways, and quite honestly, I'm happier with a smaller group of close friends.

If your friend cares enough, talk to them, let them know what's bothering you. If they don't care what you have to say, then you shouldn't either.

i've talked to her about it, but she's really not wanting to blame the weed for her behavior confused
i can just feel myself losing her to it
and
it sucks.
thanks for the advice, though. seems like everyone does something these days

Dedicated Loiterer

tinklR
RoyalFaps

i've talked to her about it, but she's really not wanting to blame the weed for her behavior confused
and
it sucks.

No problem smile but not everyone goes as far as to let things like alcohol and drugs get in the way of their personal lives. Most of my friends are completely clean. I drink a little, but I enjoy the taste and absolutely hate getting drunk. I guess it's just about finding people who do things for the right reasons and don't let their poisons get in the way of their relationships.

Bara Doge's Queen

Omnipresent Senshi

Not really, but I know the feel, bro.
My dad's an alcoholic emo he's getting better though.

Fashionable Bloodsucker

7,700 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
tinklR
RoyalFaps

and
it sucks.

It's not the weed. It's her inability to resist the desire to smoke. Weed is a physically non-addictive drug. There are no withdrawl symptoms. Weed doesn't really fight depression in the way proper medication or, better yet, proper counselling can do. If weed could cure depression, I would have been cured years ago.

I smoke pot, and have seen my friends drastically changed by much harder drugs. There is hope for your sister, she needs to realize that her habits may be abusing the thing she's doing to try and help herself; no one needs to be stoned every minute of everyday. I would consider talking to her again about it, but educate yourself for that fight first; it's easier to try and make your points if you're well informed on the subject at hand.

I also recommend finding another therapist. The one you currently have clearly doesn't work.

Consumer

i saw a friend of mine have a heart attack after taking too much methadone.

Combative Punching Bag

8,900 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Timid 100
It's interesting to think that most of my friends who do drugs are basically the same as before. But then again, all of my friends understand moderation. o 3o

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

7,000 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
I drink a lot, but I don't notice it changing me, except when I'm hungover. emotion_awesome

Intellectual Explorer

Loosen up the friendships, keep it casual, find new people. Life moves on in a friendly manner.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff