Welcome to Gaia! ::

High On Cola
I have nothing against christian but I do gotta admit whenever someone makes a close minded comment in school about things concerning where we came from or whats good and what bad it's a christian .-.

your dam right it is XD......but that's mainly due to the fact that most born Christians who grow up and don't question what they learn about there religion...end up feeling uncomfortable excepting others views and beliefs when it contradicts what they have been taught their whole life.....I'M A CHRISTIAN... Before i decided to explore my faith..i found others views to make me uncomfee when in fact i should have just acknowledged their belief to be theirs ...just because somebody tells you their views doesn't imply that you must apply it to your beliefs or views...it's this wonderful thing called freedom of speech! smile
Mr_Nicewatch
I'm Christian.Christianity isn't a religion, Its a relationship with God. many people claim themselves to be"christian" but really aren't.Also many people who see the Christians these days think of them as hypocrites, because it is true. There are alot of hypocritical christians out there in the world. So many talk about how wrong the new lifestyles that come into the world, but, I won't say anything about people but i just pray for them, NOT JUST THEM, but also ME as well. Also some christians who go to the wrong church are taught the wrong things, example: the pastor who predicted the end of the world in May. They make us look more and more bad every day. They go and put down others who aren't christian. This is the truth.

Remember, it is up for the person to accept Jesus. If they dont, let them go

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? Matthew 7:3

"You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye." Matthew 7:5

amen .....you couldn't have said it any better

Dangerous Prophet

6,350 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
xoTOBIxo
Mr_Nicewatch
I'm Christian.Christianity isn't a religion, Its a relationship with God. many people claim themselves to be"christian" but really aren't.Also many people who see the Christians these days think of them as hypocrites, because it is true. There are alot of hypocritical christians out there in the world. So many talk about how wrong the new lifestyles that come into the world, but, I won't say anything about people but i just pray for them, NOT JUST THEM, but also ME as well. Also some christians who go to the wrong church are taught the wrong things, example: the pastor who predicted the end of the world in May. They make us look more and more bad every day. They go and put down others who aren't christian. This is the truth.

Remember, it is up for the person to accept Jesus. If they dont, let them go

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? Matthew 7:3

"You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye." Matthew 7:5

amen .....you couldn't have said it any better

lol thanks razz but it is the truth apparantly
So you came and created a forum to b***h about the fact a girl disliked your advice?

Real mature.

Kumacchiato's Prince

Demonic Dabbler

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
User Image
"Good, doesn't happen enough.

Those are my thoughts, i'm sorry." :/
User Image
Explosive Nads
The Whiskey Rebellion
AllThingsNew101
Needless to say, I was a little more than offended.

User Image

King Hellhound

11,525 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Brandisher 100
AllThingsNew101
I have been on Gaia for quite some time, and I have noticed one thing. Discrimination, and hate speech of any kind is usually openlly frowned upon...

...that is, unless it is directed at religion or religious people.

I am a Christian, and one day I was posting in a thead about how this one girl hated her parents because they would not let her wear tight clothing. I commented that the girl (who was 16) should probably just wait until got out of her parents house before wearing tight clothes, and that fighting her parents on such a trivial topic would cause more harm than good. I developed a following in the thread of people who agreed.

Then I got a PM from the OP of the thread, saying the worst things. Calling me a pig headed, backwards Christian legalist, and how she hates me for being Christian (I am not making this up). Needless to say, I was a little more than offended.

And this is one of many examples.

All across the forums, whenever Religion is being talked about, for the most part, it is in an offensive manner. People hate when Christians use hate speech concerning people of different life styles (homosexuals, pro-life supporters and the like) but its ok when the focus of the hate is religion. Is that not hypocritical?

I am one to respect those of different faiths, belifes and life styles, and to be honest, most of the people I know who do the same are religious people. I only begin to hear hate language when I am talking to a non religious person about religion. Now granted, I knwo thats biased and isolated, but the fact remains, religious people are not ALL hateful, and non-religious people are not ALL open and affirming...

Thoughts?

Unlike the new world order, Gaia is not run by the Jews or the Catholics. It is run by the degenerates of society who wish that they could fit in with the other groups who try to make decisions for people other than themselves. They are getting back at you for being you, just as they perceive you doing to them. The "open-minded" moral-free masses are just as closed minded as the ultra-conservative Christians they hate.

This being said, ******** everyone on Gaia who thinks that having a sexual preference other than heterosexuality means they're entitled to something. ******** everyone who things that because they are not Christian, they can hate on Christians. ******** the self-righteous atheists. And ******** the teenagers who wear tight clothing in the first place. You are the reason I have to question the legality of the situation whenever I look at an attractive female; I miss the days when you could tell that a girl was ONLY sixteen because she didn't look like a complete whore. But then again, what do I know?

******** all of you. That's really what I'm getting at here. If you want a general answer OP, just forget about it and move on. People aren't very smart around these parts.

Aged Shapeshifter

10,750 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Elocutionist 200
AllThingsNew101
I have been on Gaia for quite some time, and I have noticed one thing. Discrimination, and hate speech of any kind is usually openlly frowned upon...

...that is, unless it is directed at religion or religious people.

I am a Christian, and one day I was posting in a thead about how this one girl hated her parents because they would not let her wear tight clothing. I commented that the girl (who was 16) should probably just wait until got out of her parents house before wearing tight clothes, and that fighting her parents on such a trivial topic would cause more harm than good. I developed a following in the thread of people who agreed.

Then I got a PM from the OP of the thread, saying the worst things. Calling me a pig headed, backwards Christian legalist, and how she hates me for being Christian (I am not making this up). Needless to say, I was a little more than offended.

And this is one of many examples.

All across the forums, whenever Religion is being talked about, for the most part, it is in an offensive manner. People hate when Christians use hate speech concerning people of different life styles (homosexuals, pro-life supporters and the like) but its ok when the focus of the hate is religion. Is that not hypocritical?

I am one to respect those of different faiths, belifes and life styles, and to be honest, most of the people I know who do the same are religious people. I only begin to hear hate language when I am talking to a non religious person about religion. Now granted, I knwo thats biased and isolated, but the fact remains, religious people are not ALL hateful, and non-religious people are not ALL open and affirming...

Thoughts?

Those people are hypocrites.
I have come to a point where I just don't even care what christian haters think, believe or feel.
They get what they give.... zero respect & tolerance.
II Earl Grey II
User Image
"Good, doesn't happen enough.

Those are my thoughts, i'm sorry." :/
User Image

So, Christians should be flipped on by people for sharing their opinions in a respectful manner?
Why would that be helpful?

And what are you sorry about?
Who cares? listen to me sing.

http://soundcloud.com/stvn_wambles/me-singing-these-dreams#

Shy Sophomore

6,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
As much as you tell everyone about your 10 Commandments, I am happy to remind you that there are only ten.

Chatty Smoker

I agree... and I'm an Atheist. I've seen so many people (especially Atheists, which makes us all look bad) look down on Christians and outright insult them all the time and have it be "okay" because hating Christians is "cool" and "liberal". Now, no one likes a holier-than-thou bible thumper who will shove it down your throat... but no one likes that from ANY religion. I think people should just get along.

And the girl just sounds like your typical "omg my parents won't let me do this and everyone else agrees that I'm acting immature... let me act it out onsomeone!" girl biggrin
Take Seven
As much as you tell everyone about your 10 Commandments, I am happy to remind you that there are only ten.

What? I don't even reenter the last time I said anything about the ten commandments...

Again, generalizations are unhelpful...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces