Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Blackrose_Knight
blazewing2010
, not to mention all the other religions they've buttraped as well. Look at the Salem Witch Trials,

No witches were killed during the Salem Witch Trials. That is a perfect example of crowd mentality, and abusing a system to take land from other people.

Governor Phipps, in response to Mather's plea and his own wife being questioned for witchcraft, prohibited further arrests, released many accused witches and dissolved the Court of Oyer and Terminer on October 29. [bPhipps replaced it with a Superior Court of Judicature, which disallowed spectral evidence and only condemned 3 out of 56 defendants. Phipps eventually pardoned all who were in prison on witchcraft charges by May 1693. But the damage had been done: 19 were hanged on Gallows Hill, a 71-year-old man was pressed to death with heavy stones, several people died in jail] and nearly 200 people, overall, had been accused of practicing "the Devil's magic."

Read more: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history-archaeology/brief-salem.html#ixzz1t7QCBdCy

7,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
AllThingsNew101
I Shall Grant You NoMercy
Kitakiy

I didnt mean all, if you actually read my post, I clearly said most.
Im friends with a few normal ones...but Ive just ran into a lot of obnoxious ones over the years.

You cant say Most...because you have not met most Christians.
We are 2 billion deep. So the 100 or so you have met cant be used as a means of judging the 2 billion.

And what the heck is a normal Christian? Who said you get to decide what a normal anything is?

Look babe, Im sorry you dont agree with me, but nothing is going to change my opinion. I know not all Christens arnt OHMIGAWD TEH WORST PEPEL EVAH I HATE DEM BLEAAAAAHAHAHAHHAH
but from MY life experiences, Ive just ran into, and been harassed on a daily basis, by the sterotypical bible- thumpers I already talked about.
Le sigh, I dont know why I need to keep explaining myself like this.
confused

Chatty Fatcat

8,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
ice queen in a dark tower
Twisted Rainbow Insanity
Twisted Rainbow Insanity
Twisted Rainbow Insanity
Obviously about what they follow. The bible teaches that it's ok to keep slaves but you don't see everyone accusing Christians of keeping slaves, because a very high percentage doesn't. xD It's more about interpretation of the bible and the understanding of the times it was written in. Some people take the bad things written in it more literally than others, but they shouldn't be spoken in for everyone. Considering that the bible has so many authors, it is likely that not all of them were "guided by god" when they wrote what they wrote, thus why not everything in the bible is considered a "Christian belief", such as keeping slaves or stoning a child to death for disobeying his parents. I think that the people are the ones who make the religion what it is, and because people interpret the religion differently and have different sects, they shouldn't all be grouped together because some of the beliefs of different sects are very different from one another.
from my knowledge of christianity, most of them are generally the same. all of them are pretty ridiculous
i dont consider a slightly different interpretation of a book that i find ridiculous to be a significant difference
In my original post I did say that most Christians had an ignorant or hateful belief. And I don't think Mormonism is a slightly different interpretation.
it's significant
ly more ridiculous
emotion_facepalm
ok, so adding an extra set of ridiculous beliefs onto a set of beliefs that are ALREADY ridiculous makes it anything OTHER than ridiculous?
i dont see how thats facepalm worthy at all
This isn't about whether or not you think someone's belief is ridiculous. It only matters if it is hateful or not.

6,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Kitakiy
blazewing2010
I find it hilarious that Christians complain about discrimination at all, considering all the pagans they killed, tortured and humiliated, not to mention all the other religions they've buttraped as well. Look at the Salem Witch Trials, or better yet, the Crusades!
Yup! That was all done by so called "Christians."
This is why I dont have time for any christian who forces their god down my throat. I don't force my beliefs down theirs.

And umm... yup exactly because the Christians on this website killed those pagans with their bare hands? So they should suffer.
THAT makes a whole lot of sense...
Again. you've missed the point that I have an extreme dislike of most christians, because it's been proven time and time again that their religion doesn't learn >.>
Mortok
AllThingsNew101
Sekhmet-chan
A word of advice, I find it makes life a lot easier if one doesn't bring up religion. On Gaia, religion is like abortion, people get all worked up and start using emotion evoking phrases that accomplish nothing in the conversation. Just let it go and be proud of who you are.

Nope, sorry, can't do that.
My faith is a HUGE part of who I am.
I am not going to be silent about it up just because people chose to make gross gerneralizations about it.

Matthew 6:5
And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full.

I love your avi. Kbai

6,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
1tty bitty kitty
blazewing2010
I find it hilarious that Christians complain about discrimination at all, considering all the pagans they killed, tortured and humiliated, not to mention all the other religions they've buttraped as well. Look at the Salem Witch Trials, or better yet, the Crusades!
Yup! That was all done by so called "Christians."
This is why I dont have time for any christian who forces their god down my throat. I don't force my beliefs down theirs.

Do you know about all the other groups of people who killed, tortured, and humiliated other groups of people?
White people killed and tortured throughout history, yet there are parts of the world where white people are discriminated against. Should those individuals not try to stop the discrimination because of their ancestors?
Discrimination goes both ways.
Again. you've missed the point that I have an extreme dislike of most christians, because it's been proven time and time again that their religion doesn't learn >.>

6,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Kitakiy
blazewing2010
Just pointing out that the christians, have no right to complain about discrimination. Especially since they see the "god given" right to decide who I'm allowed to marry, etc etc.

All I'm trying to say is they're not completely blameless

But... they DO have a right to complain about discrimination... just like you do...
Obviously, the hate-filled bitchy ones are not blameless, but the nice, caring ones who DON'T personally discriminate or treat people like crap - um... yea, they are blameless.

Generalizations people... let's stop this. Why can't people just talk s**t about the assholes instead of deciding that, say, kittens are ALL assholes because one time one scratched you and it hurt and then you treat all of the other kittens like assholes. "THAT'S FOR THAT ONE TIME WHEN ONE OF YOUR PEOPLE SCRATCHED ME, BITCHES!" Instead, squirt the little scratching kitten in the face and let all the other kittens laugh at it with you ^_^
POint taken. Well said.

Devoted Pirate

blazewing2010
Blackrose_Knight
blazewing2010
, not to mention all the other religions they've buttraped as well. Look at the Salem Witch Trials,

No witches were killed during the Salem Witch Trials. That is a perfect example of crowd mentality, and abusing a system to take land from other people.

Governor Phipps, in response to Mather's plea and his own wife being questioned for witchcraft, prohibited further arrests, released many accused witches and dissolved the Court of Oyer and Terminer on October 29. [bPhipps replaced it with a Superior Court of Judicature, which disallowed spectral evidence and only condemned 3 out of 56 defendants. Phipps eventually pardoned all who were in prison on witchcraft charges by May 1693. But the damage had been done: 19 were hanged on Gallows Hill, a 71-year-old man was pressed to death with heavy stones, several people died in jail] and nearly 200 people, overall, had been accused of practicing "the Devil's magic."

Read more: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history-archaeology/brief-salem.html#ixzz1t7QCBdCy
Accused witch =/= witch. None of the people killed were witches and/or practicing magic. I don't see the point of your post as it supports my assertions no actual witches were killed in Salem... I find it abhorrent and slightly curious (pardon my social psychology based mind) that people were considered witches then killed.

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Blackrose_Knight
I have a problem with Christian fundamentalists, and some basic Christian tenants about sex/purity. I find those things to be harmful and detrimental to society as a whole.

However, that does not mean I lump all Christians in with those groups. OP, your advice seemed reasonable, exactly what I would have said actually, and I am certainly NOT a Christian.

I can tell you my Christian hate comes from Christianity trying to insert itself into the American government. I find it reaching, disgusting, and abhorrent. Faith needs to stay out of government, period. I also find the current ideas Christianity (generally speaking) spreads about homosexuality, and abortion/women's rights to be anti-people anti-women and filled with hate. I find myself wanting to spit at most Christian institutions . Sometimes I find it hard to separate people from faith power bases and organizations. I try though. Sometimes I fail.

I agree with your comments.
Though I have no hate for christians or christianity.

BTW I heart your avi

Fanatical Codger

Twisted Rainbow Insanity
Twisted Rainbow Insanity
Twisted Rainbow Insanity
Obviously about what they follow. The bible teaches that it's ok to keep slaves but you don't see everyone accusing Christians of keeping slaves, because a very high percentage doesn't. xD It's more about interpretation of the bible and the understanding of the times it was written in. Some people take the bad things written in it more literally than others, but they shouldn't be spoken in for everyone. Considering that the bible has so many authors, it is likely that not all of them were "guided by god" when they wrote what they wrote, thus why not everything in the bible is considered a "Christian belief", such as keeping slaves or stoning a child to death for disobeying his parents. I think that the people are the ones who make the religion what it is, and because people interpret the religion differently and have different sects, they shouldn't all be grouped together because some of the beliefs of different sects are very different from one another.
from my knowledge of christianity, most of them are generally the same. all of them are pretty ridiculous
i dont consider a slightly different interpretation of a book that i find ridiculous to be a significant difference
In my original post I did say that most Christians had an ignorant or hateful belief. And I don't think Mormonism is a slightly different interpretation.
it's significant
ly more ridiculous
emotion_facepalm

Don't worry Rainbow, you obviously exhibit an extensively greater merit to society here. You win. 4laugh

Tipsy Exhibitionist

Blackrose_Knight
blazewing2010
Blackrose_Knight
blazewing2010

Accused witch =/= witch. None of the people killed were witches and/or practicing magic. I don't see the point of your post as it supports my assertions no actual witches were killed in Salem... I find it abhorrent and slightly curious (pardon my social psychology based mind) that people were considered witches then killed.

If you falsely accuse people of being pokemon fans, and then execute them for being pokemon fans, that is still persecution of pokeman fans, even though no real pokemon fans are killed.

Whether or not the Salem Witch Trials had any degree of success is beside the point. The intent was to eliminate witches, thus witches were persecuted.

Devoted Pirate

Kitakiy
Blackrose_Knight
I have a problem with Christian fundamentalists, and some basic Christian tenants about sex/purity. I find those things to be harmful and detrimental to society as a whole.

However, that does not mean I lump all Christians in with those groups. OP, your advice seemed reasonable, exactly what I would have said actually, and I am certainly NOT a Christian.

I can tell you my Christian hate comes from Christianity trying to insert itself into the American government. I find it reaching, disgusting, and abhorrent. Faith needs to stay out of government, period. I also find the current ideas Christianity (generally speaking) spreads about homosexuality, and abortion/women's rights to be anti-people anti-women and filled with hate. I find myself wanting to spit at most Christian institutions . Sometimes I find it hard to separate people from faith power bases and organizations. I try though. Sometimes I fail.

I agree with your comments.
Though I have no hate for christians or christianity.

BTW I heart your avi
Thanks! I love the new skull/pin fascinater. I had to make an avi around it.

Lonely Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • First step to fame 200
I tend not to say much about religion. I have no problem with religious folks, as long as they keep to theirs, and let me keep to mine. I'll only go after it anymore when invited, and I never go after the people.

I haven't got much of an opinion on it. The problem is, near as I can tell, so many hateful Christians use the internet as a platform that the non-hateful ones get swept up in the backlash.

Liberal Citizen

That's the interesting thing about the internet. On the internet, I will agree, I see a lot of Christian hate, which I don't 100% understand. Yes, there are some people that are just using their faith to berate others and cause all this hate to be directed at your group of people. But the vast majority are peaceful, and aren't aggressive converts or in general annoying. We are all humans, yes? So why don't we get along? I have a theory. In real life, to use the vernacular, there is a lot of Christian hate towards others. All I have to do, for example, to get scolded by a Christian is walk into a church. As an openly gay male, there aren't a lot of churches that are okay with who I am. I wonder if the anti-Christian behavior on the internet is some sort of retaliation from the hate that some feel in real life. But it's just a theory.

Anyways, I don't hate you. If you ever need to talk or something, feel free to PM me. Obviously, contact the mods anytime something like that happens. The hate isn't cool, it hurts. The hate needs to end.
Mortok
AllThingsNew101
Sekhmet-chan
A word of advice, I find it makes life a lot easier if one doesn't bring up religion. On Gaia, religion is like abortion, people get all worked up and start using emotion evoking phrases that accomplish nothing in the conversation. Just let it go and be proud of who you are.

Nope, sorry, can't do that.
My faith is a HUGE part of who I am.
I am not going to be silent about it up just because people chose to make gross gerneralizations about it.

Matthew 6:5
And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full.

Nice try dude!

But Christ was speaking of those who would pray out loud on a corner so that they could be seen by everyone, and everyone could say "wow, he is really holy". He is refering to pious show offs. He goes on in the next verse to talk about how wen we DO pray, to do so in our secret place, so that out Father (God) who sees us in secret will reward us! He is specifically talking about the act of PRAYER.

Thats very different form keeping quiet about about your faith altogether for the sake of so psudo-peace, never bringing it up just because people get worked up about it. Thats what me and Sekhmet-chan were talking about, and that was the cotext my comment was said in.

And with all due respect, its hard to use the Scriptures out of context. Citing one verse ususally never works, because it is almost always out of context!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff