Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vladolf Putler
The Ice Dervish
Vladolf Putler
The Ice Dervish
Welcome to LD, Yoby 2.0.
This is your response to a post criticizing the same feminism that says making a countermeasure against date rape drug detecting nail polish is rape culture?

Wow, second feminist in this thread and still no response that addressed the problem given in the main post. You love it when women are drugged and taken advantage of.

Im not a feminist and I have to turn my TV off during movie rape scenes; you just don't care about the rape altogether. You know what? You get a golden star.

I don't care about the thread topic, just like Yoby you're just trying to find fault with people in order to start fights. Of course I care about rape, I think people need to learn how to defend themselves from it and people need to learn that it isn't okay. One or the other isn't the answer, the answer is to do both. There is never an excuse for raping someone, and the victim is never at fault for it, BUT the victim (everybody really) should have or should learn how to defend themselves to prevent it.

It goes both ways, there aren't a lot of people on this forum who genuinely do think that the nail polish isn't a good idea. Go to Tumblr if you want to pick a fight with extremists.
Was that hard?

I wanted to be witty emotion_8c

Edit: Wanted to add that you are also considerably less annoying than Yoby, so that's cool, at least you're not trying to insist at me that I'm a feminist she devil no matter what.

Spooky Girl

18,525 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
yum_tea OP needs to step away from the nutters on Tumblr and talk to feminists in the real world, i.e. any woman who doesn't hate herself.

The roofie detecting nail polish is a nice idea and definitely a step in the right direction, but I can see where someone might have concerns about it indirectly contributing to rape culture. There's bound to be some women out there who can't use it for some reason or another (maybe the strong, chemical smell of nail polish triggers migraines in some, or perhaps others are prohibited from using nail polish by their employers, or maybe the s**t just ends up being too ******** expensive for the 99%). When a woman who can't or just didn't use the nail polish is raped, it's just one more reason for assholes to shift the blame to her. "Oh, but you could have just used that nail polish crap to find out your drink was spiked before you downed it, but you totally didn't. You must have secretly wanted it."

I still want to see the s**t hit the shelves, though, if it can be proven to work reliably. Some women spared is better than none.

Pure-hearted Vampire

16,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Vladolf Putler
They want special privileges and special feelings.

I think the most obvious of these things are the "I shouldn't have to protect myself from rape" mantra they love so much as to criticize a new nail polish that detects date rape drugs.

Should anyone have to protect themselves from harm? No. Should they be encouraged to if the time arises? Go ask a feminist, I dare you. Feminists actually encourage women to be victims of rape.

"Be cautious but don't take any precautions to defend yourself. Every person is a potential rapist but you shouldn't have to defend yourself. They should be taught not to rape and the problem will go away. "

Hello, but it doesn't matter how hard we teach anybody how horrible something is, because crimes like rape will never go away completely. Feminism wont change that.

Feminism thrives on victimizing women and blaming men for all their problems. maybe its time feMinists take Done responsibility in their daddy-deprived lives and sniff some reality; I hear its addictive.
o.0 they are having a go at the nail polish? the one that changes color if there is date rape drugs in the drink?
really??

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
Marquessa_De_Sade
Vladolf Putler

I think the most obvious of these things are the "I shouldn't have to protect myself from rape" mantra they love so much as to criticize a new nail polish that detects date rape drugs.

Should anyone have to protect themselves from harm? No. Should they be encouraged to if the time arises? Go ask a feminist, I dare you. Feminists actually encourage women to be victims of rape.

"Be cautious but don't take any precautions to defend yourself. Every person is a potential rapist but you shouldn't have to defend yourself. They should be taught not to rape and the problem will go away. "

Hello, but it doesn't matter how hard we teach anybody how horrible something is, because crimes like rape will never go away completely. Feminism wont change that.

Feminism thrives on victimizing women and blaming men for all their problems. maybe its time feMinists take Done responsibility in their daddy-deprived lives and sniff some reality; I hear its addictive.
o.0 they are having a go at the nail polish? the one that changes color if there is date rape drugs in the drink?
really??
There were certainly a lot of comments to the effect of "rather than working on this, they should have been teaching men not to rape".

The only article I know of off the top of my head about it is on Huffington Post where they have statements like:

Quote:
While well intentioned, products like "Undercover Colors" actually perpetuate rape culture by placing the burden of safety back onto women.

I'm not sure I agree with their stance myself, it seems like any defence is a good thing particularly if you're the type to go out drinking.

reviali's Waifu

Sparkly Fatcat

27,025 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Team Kitten Star 75
@_@ feminists are weird

Original Shoujo

The Ice Dervish
Vladolf Putler
The Ice Dervish
Welcome to LD, Yoby 2.0.
This is your response to a post criticizing the same feminism that says making a countermeasure against date rape drug detecting nail polish is rape culture?

Wow, second feminist in this thread and still no response that addressed the problem given in the main post. You love it when women are drugged and taken advantage of.

Im not a feminist and I have to turn my TV off during movie rape scenes; you just don't care about the rape altogether. You know what? You get a golden star.

I don't care about the thread topic, just like Yoby you're just trying to find fault with people in order to start fights. Of course I care about rape, I think people need to learn how to defend themselves from it and people need to learn that it isn't okay. One or the other isn't the answer, the answer is to do both. There is never an excuse for raping someone, and the victim is never at fault for it, BUT the victim (everybody really) should have or should learn how to defend themselves to prevent it.

It goes both ways, there aren't a lot of people on this forum who genuinely do think that the nail polish isn't a good idea. Go to Tumblr if you want to pick a fight with extremists.

you'd be surprised...anyway. "we need both" exactly. there's no excuse for letting women get raped WHILE the much spoken social change HASN'T HAPPENED. also, what's the extremist feminist solution to travel to other countries where "the change" hasn't happened? "never travel outside Murrikkka" or "let's bomb everything that isn't Murrikkka"? I'd really like to know. because welcome to where I live walking alone at night never taking any precautions and expecting not to get raped because"you're not suppos'ta". I take precautions and because I do I haven't had to defend myself once yet.if I did I'd know how. anyone who comes here with the attitude "I won't take precautions because it's wrong" will end up raped sooner or later. but not to worry, many rapists here like to also kill their victims so you'll most likely only get raped once. not too long ago one rapist killed a woman and THEN raped her. it happened in my street (not my alley though).welcome to reality.I live it every day. until the long arm of feminism reaches here (or anywhere, actually having changed anything), you take precautions if you want to live.period.

Original Shoujo

Sweet Peppermint Tea
yum_tea OP needs to step away from the nutters on Tumblr and talk to feminists in the real world, i.e. any woman who doesn't hate herself.

The roofie detecting nail polish is a nice idea and definitely a step in the right direction, but I can see where someone might have concerns about it indirectly contributing to rape culture. There's bound to be some women out there who can't use it for some reason or another (maybe the strong, chemical smell of nail polish triggers migraines in some, or perhaps others are prohibited from using nail polish by their employers, or maybe the s**t just ends up being too ******** expensive for the 99%). When a woman who can't or just didn't use the nail polish is raped, it's just one more reason for assholes to shift the blame to her. "Oh, but you could have just used that nail polish crap to find out your drink was spiked before you downed it, but you totally didn't. You must have secretly wanted it."

I still want to see the s**t hit the shelves, though, if it can be proven to work reliably. Some women spared is better than none.

exactly. ANY method that prevents rape is good because NO method can save 100% of women. not even the teaching method. welcome here to teach the rapists that kill you FIRST and THEN rape you.
people blaming the victim is not the nail polish's fault, it's the people's fault.
if the nail polish saves ten thousand women from being raped, that's TEN THOUSAND RAPES LESS than without the polish. if a thousand women get blamed for not using it, it's still ten thousand rape victims less. can't argue with math because math isn't a matter of opinion. math is a matter of fact. and arguing against facts makes you what?

dazzel_almond's Senpai

User Image

As much as I wished for the happiness of one...

Why does the LD always choose to associate feminists with radical feminists and always pick the strawman arguments? No, seriously. It's super annoying. I have literally never talked to anyone who considers themselves a feminist that pisses all over men or just says women don't need to protect themselves from rape. That is ridiculous. I imagine they exist, but they're at the opposite end of the sanity spectrum.

In a perfect world, no we wouldn't need to protect ourselves from rape. But we live in a shitty world where we do, and I actually think the nail polish detector/ straw and cup detector are fabulous ideas. So is educating people how to treat rape victims if they have been raped ( no victim blaming, getting them help). The basic goal is to educate and inform the public on what rape looks like (it's not actually aggressive most of the time) and arm people with the means to prevent their own rape. It's not 'victim blaming', it's like carrying a knife around in a dangerous part of the city. Something bad MAY happen, and people need to be prepared to protect themselves. While it would be nice, it's completely unrealistic to assume that people will just stop raping other people just because they're told not to.

someone else must be equally cursed.

I'm such a fool.

User ImageUser Image

Pure-hearted Vampire

16,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Valheita
Marquessa_De_Sade
Vladolf Putler

really??
There were certainly a lot of comments to the effect of "rather than working on this, they should have been teaching men not to rape".

The only article I know of off the top of my head about it is on Huffington Post where they have statements like:

Quote:
While well intentioned, products like "Undercover Colors" actually perpetuate rape culture by placing the burden of safety back onto women.

I'm not sure I agree with their stance myself, it seems like any defence is a good thing particularly if you're the type to go out drinking.
While I fully agree, people should be taught rape is wrong(which really is a no brainer in my book) We do not live in a perfect world. There are people, that no matter what they are taught will do what they wish..including (but not limited too) rape.
With that in mind..it is only logical to try and protect yourself against crime...such as rape.
To be pro-active in your own safety.
We -are- responsible for our own bodies and consequently our safety. it is a reality of the world we live in.
I just...cant believe that something that would alert a woman to rape drugs as being painted as a bad thing.
We live in a very imperfect world. Till such time that things are much better...the best we can do is protect ourselves.

Generous Vampire

11,300 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • First step to fame 200
Vladolf Putler

and this is you:

Generous Vampire

11,300 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • First step to fame 200
If you got a** raped in prison you'd have a change of mind,

Clean Gekko

3,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I talked to a feminist woman once
She came to visit me on her visit to the place i use to live at
Wanted to take me to some shelter an be an example or somethin idunno

got mad when my psych said hed need to go along to make sure I got back safe an stable
was talkin some s**t bout a healthy an frendly enviroment but I tuned it out cause it was freakin me out like she was gettin real mad
Vladolf Putler
GSK Lives
Vladolf Putler

If you think anything should "be done" with women or thought i implied anything should "be Done" with women then that just shows how unattached you are from reality.

Well, if feminism isn't the answer, then what is?
You're literally asking me why you shouldn't be a feminist after you willingly stopped identifying one.

No, I'm asking you what I should be instead of one.
Marquessa_De_Sade
Vladolf Putler

really??
yeah
Really

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out