Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Phantom

Sweetrolls
Dandrogyny
Sweetrolls
...it only focuses on women's issues."

And for that matter, black rights isn't about equal rights and neither is the whole LGBT thing.
Do you agree or disagree with this, and why?
Disagree because it's a wild generalization.

SOME feminists (I like to call them RadFems short for Radical Feminists) only focus on women. Someone who actually gives a damn about equality is a feminist who addressed GENDER issues as a whole... Unfortunately, most feminists I run into have a bias (such as saying men can't be raped and stuff like that).

The LGBT movement is about helping LGBT persons get the same respect/recognition as straight/cisgender people. Straight people don't need "more equality" in this area; they are privileged in the ways LGBT people aren't.

"Black rights" is a very outdated idea. We are seeking racial equality for all races.
But the problem is that feminists don't address gender issues. Some feminists may, but that's not what feminism is about. The sex generalization and misogyny that occurs is primarily among men. But feminists insist on empowering women, not changing a stereotype. A feminist would never approach a man to tell them to THINK about women differently, they would tell them to TREAT women differently. Nevermind the source of the problem or the obvious misconceptions and biases, it's all about forcefully taking power.

Sorry about generalizations and such, I'm talking about what feminism is as a whole and not speaking for any individual person.
Just because it's called "feminism" doesn't mean it's all about women.

I don't think we need to change stereotypes. We need to advocate education so that people understand stereotypes are just that: stereotypes.

Honestly I think the Queer Movement is better for equality than "women empowerment".
Dandrogyny
Sweetrolls
Dandrogyny
Sweetrolls

And for that matter, black rights isn't about equal rights and neither is the whole LGBT thing.

SOME feminists (I like to call them RadFems short for Radical Feminists) only focus on women. Someone who actually gives a damn about equality is a feminist who addressed GENDER issues as a whole... Unfortunately, most feminists I run into have a bias (such as saying men can't be raped and stuff like that).

The LGBT movement is about helping LGBT persons get the same respect/recognition as straight/cisgender people. Straight people don't need "more equality" in this area; they are privileged in the ways LGBT people aren't.

"Black rights" is a very outdated idea. We are seeking racial equality for all races.
But the problem is that feminists don't address gender issues. Some feminists may, but that's not what feminism is about. The sex generalization and misogyny that occurs is primarily among men. But feminists insist on empowering women, not changing a stereotype. A feminist would never approach a man to tell them to THINK about women differently, they would tell them to TREAT women differently. Nevermind the source of the problem or the obvious misconceptions and biases, it's all about forcefully taking power.

Sorry about generalizations and such, I'm talking about what feminism is as a whole and not speaking for any individual person.

I don't think we need to change stereotypes. We need to advocate education so that people understand stereotypes are just that: stereotypes.

Honestly I think the Queer Movement is better for equality than "women empowerment".
The whole LGBT thing is doing a lot better than most other movements. Problem is, they're fighting for TOTALLY wrong things.

Dapper Phantom

Sweetrolls
Dandrogyny
Sweetrolls
Dandrogyny
Sweetrolls

The whole LGBT thing is doing a lot better than most other movements. Problem is, they're fighting for TOTALLY wrong things.
Who are "they" and what exactly do you think they should be fighting for?

Hot Duck

Sweetrolls
Beerios
Feminism is about women's rights. Black rights is about black people's rights.
But isn't that a bit hypocritical? "We'll fight for your rights, unless you don't fit in! By the way, NO STEREOTYPING!"

What? They're just separate issues. A person can be a feminist AND a black rights advocate.

Beloved Sex Symbol

Like all movements there are extremists. But as a woman, I want to know I was hired because of my skills and not because my looks or that I wasn't hired because of my lack of skills and not because my looks.

I know men feel the same way.

There is still a wage gap as well. Yes some women are paid more then men, but it is mostly men paid more then women for the exact same job..

Not only that but when it comes to rape. The man if he is raped isn't blamed, but when a woman gets raped she was "asking for it"

So yes there are some things that need to be worked out but not all feminists are extremists.

Same can be said about the LGBT and black rights movements.

Alien Duck

Onigetoe
The man if he is raped isn't blamed, but when a woman gets raped she was "asking for it"

A lot of people still don't even believe men can be raped. I don't really believe that women are treated less sensitively by society concerning rape.

Bara Doge's Queen

Omnipresent Senshi

Well, it should be about equal rights, but they focus more on women's problems more.

Girl-Crazy Marshmallow

Disagree because the statement does not abide by reality.

And because ******** you, internetfolkingeneral, I am super tired of being expected to explain 101 for the benefit of you(pl) poking troll logic holes because you were never interested in conversation.

Beloved Sex Symbol

The Gay Science
Onigetoe
The man if he is raped isn't blamed, but when a woman gets raped she was "asking for it"

A lot of people still don't even believe men can be raped. I don't really believe that women are treated less sensitively by society concerning rape.

Oh I know people think that. I know a few men who have been raped including my own bf. Some women are, when one of my friends reported her rape and it was taken to court the first judge (male) said she was asking for it because she was wearing a lace thong and bra. The second judge (female) said that she was asking for it because she was out late at night. All she was doing was walking home from work.
I feel like it doesn't focus on the opposion because a straight white male is already accepted.

On the other hand, I'm a woman, and at least in North America, I've never been given any grief about that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff