Welcome to Gaia! ::

...it only focuses on women's issues."

And for that matter, black rights isn't about equal rights and neither is the whole LGBT thing.
Do you agree or disagree with this, and why?

Savage Tactician

22,040 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
I don't really care enough.

I'm fairly sure that in my lifetime, none of those issues will be resolved.

BTW,
I'm fairly young.
XinfinitelyX

BTW,
I'm fairly young.
They why are you even replying to this thread? No offense meant, I'm only curious.

Savage Tactician

22,040 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
Sweetrolls
XinfinitelyX

BTW,
I'm fairly young.
They why are you even replying to this thread? No offense meant, I'm only curious.

I'm stating my opinion.

Fine,
I'll go with "It's not an issue because it's about women."

Kay?

Savage Tactician

22,040 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
Ghostly Pie
goodnight
IMPOSTER.

7,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
I'm just annoyed because the US is acutally a really nice place to live for woman.
I read a few articles saying that the US is number 24 on the top 25 least sexist countries.
So when Femanists complain, I can't help but roll my eyes because they obviously have no clue what there'e preaching half the time.
Serriosly go protest in Yamin or Chad.
THAT'S where Femanism is needed
XinfinitelyX
Ghostly Pie
goodnight
IMPOSTER.

naw real life

Savage Tactician

22,040 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
Ghostly Pie
XinfinitelyX
Ghostly Pie
goodnight
IMPOSTER.

naw real life

Sure. stare

Hot Duck

Feminism is about women's rights. Black rights is about black people's rights.
Sweetrolls

And for that matter, black rights isn't about equal rights and neither is the whole LGBT thing.

in my 'feminism' class we were also taught about how masculinity is stereotyped (men have act a certain way in order to be men) and discriminated (feminine men are looked down upon); surprised me, but I think this inclusion means that feminism does not focus entirely on women's issues.

But feminism has gained a bad name over the years because of a lot of .... feminazis. Thats why I do not like to associate myself as a feminist, but an anti-sexist.

Dapper Phantom

Sweetrolls

Disagree because it's a wild generalization.

SOME feminists (I like to call them RadFems short for Radical Feminists) only focus on women. Someone who actually gives a damn about equality is a feminist who addressed GENDER issues as a whole... Unfortunately, most feminists I run into have a bias (such as saying men can't be raped and stuff like that).

The LGBT movement is about helping LGBT persons get the same respect/recognition as straight/cisgender people. Straight people don't need "more equality" in this area; they are privileged in the ways LGBT people aren't.

"Black rights" is a very outdated idea. We are seeking racial equality for all races.
Beerios
Feminism is about women's rights. Black rights is about black people's rights.
But isn't that a bit hypocritical? "We'll fight for your rights, unless you don't fit in! By the way, NO STEREOTYPING!"
Dandrogyny
Sweetrolls

Disagree because it's a wild generalization.

SOME feminists (I like to call them RadFems short for Radical Feminists) only focus on women. Someone who actually gives a damn about equality is a feminist who addressed GENDER issues as a whole... Unfortunately, most feminists I run into have a bias (such as saying men can't be raped and stuff like that).

The LGBT movement is about helping LGBT persons get the same respect/recognition as straight/cisgender people. Straight people don't need "more equality" in this area; they are privileged in the ways LGBT people aren't.

"Black rights" is a very outdated idea. We are seeking racial equality for all races.
But the problem is that feminists don't address gender issues. Some feminists may, but that's not what feminism is about. The sex generalization and misogyny that occurs is primarily among men. But feminists insist on empowering women, not changing a stereotype. A feminist would never approach a man to tell them to THINK about women differently, they would tell them to TREAT women differently. Nevermind the source of the problem or the obvious misconceptions and biases, it's all about forcefully taking power.

Sorry about generalizations and such, I'm talking about what feminism is as a whole and not speaking for any individual person.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff