Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you support your partner's career choice?

Yes and no. He hasn't settled into his major yet, so I don't know how he'd work in the technical field of it, but I do know he's knowledgeable in it...

If your partner is currently working within their career, are you proud of their work?

See above.

More general, what are you most proud of your partner for?

His intelligence and knowledge and skill in many areas that really stick out.

Have there ever been times in your relationship where you wish they would've made a different choice?

Choice no, but approach? Yes.

Shy Conversationalist

Do you support your partner's career choice?
-- In general, yes, I do. My partner hasn't quite chosen exactly what he wants to do, but he is very adamant about studying science and working in a scientific field. He's very interested in neuroscience, but there are a ton of other things he'd love to pursue, too. He's at a point where there are so many cool things to choose from and he can't pick just one!

More general, what are you most proud of your partner for?
-- I'm very proud of my partner for his resilience to better himself as a person and succeed in what he's passionate about. He's been working hard to turn his life around since overcoming depression in high school and even since we've been together I've seen some big steps forward in that journey. It makes me so proud to see him grow and become happier with each passing day. :3

Have there ever been times in your relationship where you wish they would've made a different choice?
-- Not really. I couldn't really wish that when my partner doesn't know exactly what career in science he'd like to pursue.
They aren't me, so there's nothing to be proud of. I've done nothing to influence how his life is turning out so I can never be proud or ashamed of anything he's done.
Mine's a trophy wife. So long as she keeps looking beautiful she can do whatever she wants.

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
Mine is perusing a degree in Aviation Engineering. I am very supportive, but he doesn't have much confidence in himself and it's disappointing. I find him to be extremely smart and talented. However, he doesn't see it.
And it kind of makes me want to bash my head on the wall too.

ectogasm
Tired of being reminded that I'm 5ever alone.
crying

5ever alone is one more than 4ever alone.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
It can be hard to find something that holds my interest, but honestly, I'd take a job that I could tolerate and make a living in. There's always volunteer work for passions if you can't get a field in it. Might help him find something for himself.

My gearlfriend works in a library, and she loves her job. I would too....

My husband is getting his fire cards and emt 1 card. It's a tough job choice, especially with cutbacks, but it's what he wants to do. If nothing else, he could find a day job and then just volunteer at some stations until he finds one that will hire him.

2,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
i supported my partner through uni and when he finished i moved 200 miles from family and friends, quiting my own job to be with him.
it annoys me because he moans about things at work but i know thats just normal and that he does love what he does.
hes now supporting me through pregnancy as were expecting our first child.

Hellraiser

The Sky Does Not Bow
ectogasm
Tired of being reminded that I'm 5ever alone.
crying

5ever alone is one more than 4ever alone.

more den 4ever!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces