Welcome to Gaia! ::

Spooky Girl

18,525 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
Why Juxtaposed
Sweet Peppermint Tea
How does your life change now that the leaves are preparing for a mass exodus?

yum_tea Now I don't get 5 million+ comments about "Aren't you hot in that?" when I wear my normal, somberly colored wardrobe.

To rake, or not to rake? That is the question.

yum_tea I never rake. I like hearing dead leaves crush underfoot when I go out to get the mail or something, and I like my house looking like a haunted, derelict shack.

Favorite part of Fall.

yum_tea Pumpkin spice and candied apple everything.

You looking forward to winter?

yum_tea No. Winter is too cold, even though it rarely snows here in The South, and I get cranky at the Christmas carols that fill the airwaves from November to January. There's only so many times you can listen to "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" before it starts to drive you crazy.

Favorite fall-centric food item(Things that are harvested in the fall, or are only made in fall.)

yum_tea Pumpkin pie, candied and caramel apples, and apple cider.

Do you have Halloween where you live? I mean more, is it celebrated, but I know some of you are international.

yum_tea Yes, we have Halloween here, though I don't get trick or treaters coming to my door anymore. Even if I'm standing outside, in costume and with a bucket of candy, not a single trick or treater will come. At this point I'm pretty sure the neighbors all think I'm a witch, what with the black cat and nocturnal lifestyle and all, which works for me the other 364 days of the year but also means I'll generally have a ton of leftover candy on Halloween.

ARE YOU DOING ANYTHING INTERESTING BEFORE THE GROUND FREEZES?

yum_tea Making sure that there's plenty of handmade Halloween decorations that I will "forget" to take down before Christmas.

why do people think you're a witch

yum_tea Mostly because I'm an introverted goth chick in a lower-class neighborhood where "goth" is largely unheard of, or for those who've actually heard of it the word conjures up the image of a Satanic witch. I wear "weird" (that is to say, not very fashionable) clothes all in black, there's a portly black cat with Halloween green eyes staring out of the windows of my decrepit house all the time, I'm mostly nocturnal, and I'm unmarried and have no children at an age where locally it's expected for women to be married and have multiple kids by now. Odd noises can be heard emanating from my house late at night thanks to my penchant for watching horror movies after midnight, or listening to bands heavily influenced by horror movie imagery. I never go to church. I'm pale because I'm hardly active during the day, and I sometimes do actively enhance that with make up. There are no men in my household, and as far as anyone's seen I do not allow any men to cross the threshold. (I do, but again, that's generally well after dark because we play D&D and stuff like that. D&D never really takes off until after sunset with my group.)

And that's just the stuff people who don't know me very well see. I grew up in this neighborhood, so the older people who do know me have been whispering since I was little about the weird books I would read, and my interest in ghosts, ghouls, and all things that go bump in the night.
Sweet Peppermint Tea
Why Juxtaposed
Sweet Peppermint Tea

yum_tea Now I don't get 5 million+ comments about "Aren't you hot in that?" when I wear my normal, somberly colored wardrobe.

yum_tea I never rake. I like hearing dead leaves crush underfoot when I go out to get the mail or something, and I like my house looking like a haunted, derelict shack.

Favorite part of Fall.

yum_tea Pumpkin spice and candied apple everything.

yum_tea No. Winter is too cold, even though it rarely snows here in The South, and I get cranky at the Christmas carols that fill the airwaves from November to January. There's only so many times you can listen to "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" before it starts to drive you crazy.

Favorite fall-centric food item(Things that are harvested in the fall, or are only made in fall.)

yum_tea Pumpkin pie, candied and caramel apples, and apple cider.

Do you have Halloween where you live? I mean more, is it celebrated, but I know some of you are international.

yum_tea Yes, we have Halloween here, though I don't get trick or treaters coming to my door anymore. Even if I'm standing outside, in costume and with a bucket of candy, not a single trick or treater will come. At this point I'm pretty sure the neighbors all think I'm a witch, what with the black cat and nocturnal lifestyle and all, which works for me the other 364 days of the year but also means I'll generally have a ton of leftover candy on Halloween.

yum_tea Making sure that there's plenty of handmade Halloween decorations that I will "forget" to take down before Christmas.

why do people think you're a witch

yum_tea Mostly because I'm an introverted goth chick in a lower-class neighborhood where "goth" is largely unheard of, or for those who've actually heard of it the word conjures up the image of a Satanic witch. I wear "weird" (that is to say, not very fashionable) clothes all in black, there's a portly black cat with Halloween green eyes staring out of the windows of my decrepit house all the time, I'm mostly nocturnal, and I'm unmarried and have no children at an age where locally it's expected for women to be married and have multiple kids by now. Odd noises can be heard emanating from my house late at night thanks to my penchant for watching horror movies after midnight, or listening to bands heavily influenced by horror movie imagery. I never go to church. I'm pale because I'm hardly active during the day, and I sometimes do actively enhance that with make up. There are no men in my household, and as far as anyone's seen I do not allow any men to cross the threshold. (I do, but again, that's generally well after dark because we play D&D and stuff like that. D&D never really takes off until after sunset with my group.)

And that's just the stuff people who don't know me very well see. I grew up in this neighborhood, so the older people who do know me have been whispering since I was little about the weird books I would read, and my interest in ghosts, ghouls, and all things that go bump in the night.

1. do you talk to your neighbors ever ?

2. what are weird clothes in all black that arent fashionable. like brands/places youve purchased from etc.

3. is it an actual cat or a decoration and where can i get one

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
I live in Texas, leaves don't fall until like the end of the month if not next month. Some of the trees haven't even changed colors.

Ever since we moved to Texas from both Georgia and Illinois, I've started to appreciate and love the fall because it's 70-80 degrees mostly. Which is a contrast to Chicago when it's like...50ish?

Edit: After the horrible ice storm we had don't ask me about winter. I don't want to think about it.

dazzel_almond's Senpai

User Image

As much as I wished for the happiness of one...

Well, I have to wear more layers now.

I live at college so that ain't my damn problem

Favorite part of Fall.
Halloween. -blows party favor-

Not particularly, but I AM looking forward to winter canceling some of my classes. 4laugh

Just rewatching the walking dead. Apparently Telltale is making a third season and also adapting game of thrones. I am on the hype train.

someone else must be equally cursed.

I'm such a fool.

User ImageUser Image
Do I take leaves, yes when I lived in...actually I lived in the parties of Canada so not a lot of leaves, California just gets windy.

What was my favorite part of fall, probably it not being winter, winter in a** no where Canada is like a barren waste void of all life and warmth, It sucks when you have to refill the generator in the middle of the night.

I really like the colours and smell of fall, and the chaos and damage leaves do to drain pipes heeheehee

Spooky Girl

18,525 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
Why Juxtaposed
1. do you talk to your neighbors ever ?

2. what are weird clothes in all black that arent fashionable. like brands/places youve purchased from etc.

3. is it an actual cat or a decoration and where can i get one

yum_tea 1) Rarely. As I've said, I'm mostly nocturnal and very introverted, so I don't have many opportunities to talk with my neighbors. Mostly I talk to the elderly couple from across the street, who are the parents of my best friend when I was growing up. They're friendly enough and always have been, but even they find my life choices questionable.

2) Well, for my every day wear there's the standard jeans and a t-shirt, but the jeans aren't skinny and the t-shirts generally reference games or movies that most of the people here haven't played or watched. You know, D&D and stuff like that. A shirt that encourages one to "Roll the dice, it builds character!" can look pretty arcane to someone who's never actually seen a d20 before. For more formal occasions I wear A-line dresses, broom skirts, mermaid skirts and frilly blouses, all in black (except for one A-line dress in grey plaid, but it's the outlier). Lots of floaty fabrics like linen, lightweight cotton, and lace. I don't stick to one brand so much as I go where the sales are, or the thrift shop, because I am one broke b***h. It's my accessories and make up that I think give other people the "witch" vibe. Lots of silver jewelry, crystals, a plastic pendant that looks like carved bone if you don't flip it over, leather and lace collar, more than one piercing in each ear (even though I've kept mine to a very tame double lobe for a long time). Pale powder, blood red or black lipstick, heavy black "cat eye eyeliner", black or dark grey eyeshadow, black nail polish, no blush. My make up style and my hair alike are very much inspired by the fashions of the 1920s.

3) He is an actual cat! His name is Vicious, he's a rescue and the most inappropriately named cat ever. My spoiled rotten little butterball is not for sale or rent, but if you want a black cat of your own then you should contact your local branch of the Humane Society or ASPCA, I'm sure they have plenty adoptable kitties for you to bond with.

I mean, I get why people think I'm a witch. I'm not offended. I'm just slightly amused most of the time and a little bit sad that I can't share my favorite holiday with my neighbors.

Magical Tree

There's the many trips to the roof to clean the leaves out of the gutters.

I only rake right around my house (actually we usually use the blower function of the mower... we have an acre...) because I like to have leaf free snow for snowman making come winter. (used to... i don't live there now.. now i live in an apartment in a little town an hour outside of seoul)

Pumpkin spices - cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger... they are the best thing about fall. (sadly south korea doesn't understand pumpkin spices, and rarely uses them, and never together really (except in traditional medicine.))

I take a lot more walks in fall and feel more healthy. It's finally cool enough to exercise outside and walking to see the foliage is the best thing evar.
I hope to go to some mountain to hike a bit during the leaf viewing season. Last year I went to Seoraksan for the leaves. My word. Let me find a picture for you.

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces