Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reveler

8,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Profitable 100
well that pretty much facebook. i enjoy it though. there was the guy who i constantly made fun of he knew i meant nothing by it because we were locker neighbors and we both danced; however, his sister got majorly pissed at me and was getting up in my face about how i always commented on his s**t. they both still have me as friends on fb which i find hilarious. if they don't like my comments on his status they could easily delete me but they didn't.

i like creeping on people and knowing what people are up to even though i could careless. i also like fb for the fb messenger its easier to just send one massive message to my friends when i want to plan an event instead of back and forth texting and this way we can all see what others say
little princess lux
facebook is pointless now because i just text..i prefer tumblr 4laugh

I agree with this.
I have never once made a Facebook account. I am most please that I didn't. It's not that great and I hear many complaints about it.
I'm always on Tumblr or Twitter. c: Mostly Tumblr though.. Pfft.
Meh. Facebook wasn't ever worth my time anyways. I don't wish to "stalk" people.

Bara Doge's Queen

Omnipresent Senshi

Facebook isn't shallow, but the people who use Facebook are. Not all, but the vast majority.

It's our socially acceptable way to creep on people's information and pictures, and also people seem to take Facebook way more seriously than real life interaction. Which is sad, really.

8,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
I only add people I'm friends with as friends. I used to have a friends list of about 300, but whittled that down to about 30.
I am not that big of a facebook person, but i do are that you should not befriend people whom you do not know of. Isn't there a settings to fix that?

Lunatic

I don't use Facebook.

Hollow Cost's Waifu

Hygienic Ladykiller

I agree, I hate facebook. I got rid of my old account but ended up having to make a new one just to keep in-touch with friends far away to get a hold of them on visit. But this time I made my profile as privet as you can. The only people that can send me requests are friends of friends otherwise you can't even search me and I wont necessarily accept.

Dapper Prophet

Fb is annoying
I only keep it if someone wants to message me something, or i need to get in contact with classmates for whatever reason

AND GOD THAT NEW TREND IS SO STUPID
like in 3 sec if u love jesus
like in 10 sec if ur praying for her3 *insert pic of disfigured child
truth is ... Lms lol

And its always the same thing rolleyes
ur so pretty we shuld hang out more lol

No
Just no
Dolce Rogue
Facebook isn't shallow, but the people who use Facebook are. Not all, but the vast majority.

It's our socially acceptable way to creep on people's information and pictures, and also people seem to take Facebook way more seriously than real life interaction. Which is sad, really.

Some people basically feed their egos off of Facebook and it promotes a somewhat narcissistic perspective. I get the sense that it's just become a new avenue for typical stupidity like gauging popularity and such.

I pretty much stick to it to try and distribute little bits I find interesting or amusing and to keep in contact with my network of friends.
Mitubati
A person from my old school that always glared at me like I was the scum of the earth and never talked to me added me on Facebook and I have no idea why. I believe some people can be rather "I don't give a ********" when it comes to which friends they add. I usually just add or accept certain people because I'd like to know what's going on in their lives.
That or she still thinks you are the scum of all earth and needed to be reassured by adding you on facebook to view all of you recent scumish photographs, and sit and scoff at your face.

All because she is probably jealous of a certain quality you have- that she does not
polyglot-pix
Facebook.

When I deleted my old account and made a new one, I was just going to keep it really small... Then other people added ME... and I, not wanting to be a jerk, accepted. Then I tried to talk to them, because I want to be able to converse with everyone on my friends list... And... confused nothing. emo They had just added me to stalk me. stressed

It might be fun for those who want to relive high school, but... I wasn't pretty in high school by any means (not going into detail, but... yeah ninja ), and besides, I figured it was time to grow up.

I know I could easily delete these people, or hide them, but I'm commenting more on the culture of Facebook, and not my individual experience.

ITT: Do you think Facebook is shallow? Do you have any jerks on your friends list? How tightknit do you try to keep your friendslist?

I thought I was good at s**t posting....This though? This is epic.
If I ever get around to it I'm gonna make a new facebook account and only add people with no relation to me.
I don't like having to filter what I post because it'll show up on my Grandpa's feed lol

Generous Fatcat

8,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
polyglot-pix
Facebook.
When I deleted my old account and made a new one, I was just going to keep it really small... Then other people added ME... and I, not wanting to be a jerk, accepted. Then I tried to talk to them, because I want to be able to converse with everyone on my friends list... And... confused nothing. emo

I quit facebook in disgust after the first day because of that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff