Welcome to Gaia! ::

i prefer calling people. i like hearing their voices and laughter. its comforting somehow b ut that's just me

Savage Tactician

22,040 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
Facebook is cool.

The people who use facebook are not. At least, the people around me.
Eisefin
Don't add people you don't know? neutral
I only have family and friends that live too far from me to ever visit so that we can keep in contact and they can see pictures of my son.

Some people add strangers for the friend count. It's just a thing. Doesn't mean they're shallow. It just means you shouldn't add people you don't know.

No, I know them.... They just don't talk to me.

Greedy Grabber

I just hate Facebook now that those stupid "Like if you love god" or some bullshit like that is circulating. stressed

There was one that said "Like if you're against child abuse". I wasn't aware anyone was for child abuse.

Greedy Receiver

polyglot-pix
Eisefin
Don't add people you don't know? neutral
I only have family and friends that live too far from me to ever visit so that we can keep in contact and they can see pictures of my son.

Some people add strangers for the friend count. It's just a thing. Doesn't mean they're shallow. It just means you shouldn't add people you don't know.

No, I know them.... They just don't talk to me.

Are you messaging them or posting on their wall? A lot of times, message notifications don't appear. Posting on their wall is your best bet. And could they just be gone?

Also, what kinds of conversations are you trying to start? "Hi" is not a conversation starter.

noki2D's Partner In Crime

I wouldn't want any more than 200 friends so I keep it down to 150 or less. Lol, besides, my page seems like a good page to stalk, according to my friend but now I keep it all under pms so....life is good. : )
I only friend people who I want to talk to, and allow to see the info that I have on there. I use it mainly to keep in touch with friends I haven't seen in 10 years, my family that is scattered across the country, and on goings in the area.
It's not shallow if you don't use it as such.
I quit Facebook because even if I change my settings, delete people, I can still be part of drama or have to witness stupid little Internet fights. That's why I prefer Gaia. I don't see as much.
I like tumblr & twitter though.
The greater majority of my friends on Facebook are from college, and a number of them are international, so it's a bit more convenient to communicate via the Internet anyway.

I will say that the family and high school friends seem to be far more into posting their drama and general negativity onto Facebook than my college friends, but I would feel strange removing them from my friend's list. Especially family.

Shameless Grabber

14,775 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
People add people just b/c they went to the same school as them. I didn't converse much with most of them, so I deleted them. My FB now is people I would like to talk to, went to college with, and net friends.
My first facebook I was friends with well anyone.

But I recently made a new one and am only friends with people I actually talk to. And to people who are my actual friends.

Dedicated Loiterer

I use Facebook mainly for the funny cat pictures on my news feed.

But yes, Facebook is quite shallow. Remember though; the system is nothing without the people. If the system is shallow, then so must be the people. I'm tired of seeing people post meaningless lyrics or misguided quotes about life...
Unfortunately, the draw of cat pictures is too strong, and I keep coming back gonk

Rainbow Dog

I don't really get the point of having someone on your friends list if they aren't actually your friend or someone you actually speak to.

Everyone on my list is either a family member, a old friend that I keep in touch with, or someone I regularly talk to. It just seems silly to me when people I knew in high school but didn't even like try to add me and then never say a word to me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff