Welcome to Gaia! ::

My dad is a fat middle-aged man. He's a great person but
HE DOESN'T SHOWER.
He will normally go 4 days to a week without showering and will not change the clothes he is wearing for that time, either. I often have to bribe him to take showers, because he will not do it on his own will, and I can't stand to be around him because he smells so bad.
So here are my questions to all of you:
Do you have a similar problem?
Do you personally skip days of taking showers?
SPLAIN YOSELVES.

Hellraiser

How do you not go days without showering? I have to shower every day.

Invisible Grabber

10,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
I enjoy going for days without taking showers when I'm unemployed or on vacation. sweatdrop

Aged Codger

9,675 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Only four days ta' a week? What a wimp

Familiar Poster

I can miss a day or two but then things bug me.
I shower every day, except on Sundays if I have no plans, because I end up sitting on the computer doing homework for my online classes all day.

4 days without showering? emotion_facepalm At least do a 5-minute quickie to wash his hair and smear some soap around. Jeez.
I think that the longest I ever went without a shower was like 4 months.

Bara Doge's Queen

Omnipresent Senshi

Man my dad does that during break.
And I pester him until he showers.

Quotable Phantom

7,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

I use camping as my excuse.

On a normal basis, I shower as it's appropriate; not because it's scheduled.

Dangerous Regular

Your dad sounds like he has a serious self-discipline issue. When it gets to the point that his own daughter needs to bribe him to take showers because he smells so bad, something needs to be done. That's-
I'm going to cut myself off there, in the interest of keeping this constructive. Point being, get him into therapy or something. Hell, sign him up for boot camp. That's not Ok, and it's setting a terrible example for you, and nobody involved should let that slide.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
I used to skip out on showering on the weekends, but since I came to college, I shower daily, even though that shower is nasty
Everyone in my family showers regularly including me, so no that isn't really an issue...

Aged Codger

9,675 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
I don't see th' big deal. I've gone much longa' not showarin' and wearin' old clothes from me floor wit' no problems. I've worn th' same pair o' pants fer ova' three months wit'out washin' 'em once. Twas a grand time, they always fit nice and snugly
I shower up to 3 times a day.

I don't was my hair every time. It just doesn't need it and looks better after a day or two.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff