Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Streaker

Gross. I cant go a day without a shower. Twice a day for me.

bioelfster's Queen

Original Gaian

Is he depressed? Common symptom is not caring about hygiene. I personally wouldn't shower daily, but even 3 days is stretching it. The longest I've gone was like 3 weeks, but I did wash up everyday. I had a major surgery that made it difficult to do anything, and my mom even had to help with the washing sad
I only bathe when I start to feel gross, but that's because the water makes my eczema flare-up. Oat baths, Epsom salt baths and baking soda baths don't help either sweatdrop
Edit: I do change my underwear/clothes every day, though

Fashionable Sex Symbol

7,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
I shower everyday, but wash my hair every other day. Otherwise I go nuts. I could'nt live with someone that doesnt shower.
I shower everyday. But occasionally i'll skip a day. If I skip it for more then one day my hair gets incredibly oily for some reason and I just feel all around gross. Most days I ever skipped it for was three. I forget why. Never again.

Shameless Giver

10,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
I would never tell complete strangers in a forum that I think my father is gross.

That being said, I don't have to deal with that everyday. The people in my house all shower everyday.
Shooting Stargazer 28
Is he depressed? Common symptom is not caring about hygiene.

+1 - this could be a factor in it.

I went through that when the depression really took me just after some bad life events. I had to have people staying with me almost permanently and literally carrying me into a bath and forcing me to wash. I just honestly stopped caring at all & just hid from the world. Even now, although my hygeine is back to being as it should, it's still a bit of a struggle to remember to wash when I have my low points. I'm still make-up free 95% of the time, where before things took hold no-one would ever see me without a full face of makeup on.

Dapper Fatcat

I had a friend in high school who had a mom that did the same thing.
She was always really embarrassed and didn't bring many people over to her house.
Her mom wasn't the nicest person, either.
I remember once she went in for a hug, but I noticed her armpits that weren't shaven... and then felt them touch my arm. I washed my arms once she left the room. gonk
EWUUAUURURUURAGUHHH. emotion_puke

I can never skip a day of showering; I must shower every day. emotion_donotwant

Chatty Fatcat

8,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
I only skip a shower if I plan on staying in all day, which isn't very often. I call those my lazy days.

Greedy Fatcat

ectogasm
How do you not go days without showering? I have to shower every day.

Fashionable Genius

That's really gross.
I shower everyday. stare

Man-Hungry Elocutionist

12,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Popular Thread 100
That's disgusting. ...I shower every day.

Maybe get him a men's hygiene gift set for... Every foreseeable gift giving holiday in the future. And hope he gets the hint. neutral

Or say, "Dad, you smell like hairy goat's balls."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces