Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS THREAD NEEDS MOAR RATINGS :3

No, ratings are stupid. 0.44444444444444 44.4% [ 4 ]
Yes, and I'll up-rate it, because I love Darrin. 0.22222222222222 22.2% [ 2 ]
Yes, and I'll down-rate it, because I can't stand Darrin. 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 9 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 18 19 20 >

Ai Wulfstan's Queen

7,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Stahlherz
xX_NocturnalSupremacy_Xx
I have thought about it many times.
My name is Amanda, and it's way too popular and I just don't like it in general. Named after the Boston song, as were many of the Amanda's born in my birth year.

Wanted to change it to either Mina, Rayna, Kaia, or Maleena. My middle name is after one of my grandmother's so I wouldn't change that, and I like my last name so I would keep that as well.

I see. Have you ever inquired about it at your nearest courthouse?
yσυ αяє ìи ɱy ɗяєαɱʂ
τнє ɗαяkиєʂʂ ìи ɱy єyєʂ
τнє яαρτυяє ìи ɱy ʂcяєαɱʂ

No, I don't think I will change my name now. Little too late and I definitely don't have the money to do so.
xX_иσcτυяиαʂυρяєɱαcy_Xx

Generous Fatcat

8,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
canned cabbage
Oh man, someone else?
I plan on doing it. My parents think it's a good idea. I was given a nickname by my still best friend, 6 or 7 years ago, and most people know me by it. Majority of people I know, don't know my real name. Only reason I haven't done it yet is I don't know where to start, and I procrastinate. zzz

Try your local courthouse. That's the best place to start.

Aged Regular

Stahlherz
Lisas Tainted Mind
No name change yet, but I'm changing my last name as soon as my mom and I can pull together enough money. I have my dad's last name, but he didn't raise me and I'd like to have my family's name. My mom kinda guilted me into keeping my first name, I go by my middle name anyways so I figured "whatever, fine then."

Do you dislike your dad at all?

Hahaha guilt. My mom never tried to use guilt with me, but she did state repeatedly that she thought the whole thing was stupid and jackassed and a waste of my time and money, then added that she was calling me the name I was raised as regardless of what I did.

Lisas Tainted Mind
No, I don't plan on ever being a parent. If my imaginary kid change their first name, I wouldn't be mad so much as weirded out that I deemed my child one thing, and now they're something else. Like, do I call them by their legal name now? My mom never stopped calling me by my first name, no matter how many people insist on calling me Lisa.

They'll probably be so delighted that everyone else is calling them their new name that they won't care what you call them.

I don't have any feelings twords my dad anymore. As a teen I REALLY didn't like him, but at this point he's been out of my life so long, that I honestly don't even remember he exists unless someone brings up something related to him. The very few times I have contact with him it's really awkward, cause it's like talking to a complete stranger. We may share DNA, but we don't know each other at all.

D'aw, how rude. She probably took it the wrong way, like my mom did but had the more.. angry response lol. I mean, everyone I know calls me Lisa except my family, but I'm so used to that set up that if they DID call me Lisa, I don't think I'd even realize they were talking to me. So, changing my first name to my middle would probably change nothing.

So, yes I'd imagine my imaginary kids would feel the same and not care what I called them, or just be used to me calling them by their original name.

Generous Fatcat

8,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
Cat of Ice
I've thought about asking people to call me Lorel (Middle name) but chances are I'd forget and not answer if they try to talk to me.

whee

Generous Fatcat

8,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
Kaceper

I have two middles names... So I don't see why it wouldn't fit on a license, mine fits. But I guess they're sort of short. :/

As for getting a legal name change, for my 1st year anniversary with my wife I'm changing my last name to hers.

One has five syllables. emotion_omnomnom

Awesome. I look forward to seeing who among my not-yet-wife and I decide to change theirs. We haven't decided yet, but I honestly like hers more then mine.
Back when I was a teenager I wanted to change my last name to Hellsing after the anime of the same name because I was really obsessed with it. sweatdrop

For the past couple of years I've wanted to change my last name to Kingsleigh after Alice Kingsleigh from the Tim Burton version of Alice in Wonderland, because I've been obsessed with that movie since it came to theaters nearly 2 years ago. But I know this obsession's eventually going to come to an end - just like my Hellsing one did - so I'm not even going to bother trying to get it changed. I still use it as an alias for when I don't want people or companies to know my real last name though.

Generous Fatcat

8,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
Minty the Little Pony
Back when I was a teenager I wanted to change my last name to Hellsing after the anime of the same name because I was really obsessed with it. sweatdrop

For the past couple of years I've wanted to change my last name to Kingsleigh after Alice Kingsleigh from the Tim Burton version of Alice in Wonderland, because I've been obsessed with that movie since it came to theaters nearly 2 years ago. But I know this obsession's eventually going to come to an end - just like my Hellsing one did - so I'm not even going to bother trying to get it changed. I still use it as an alias for when I don't want people or companies to know my real last name though.

Pick something timeless, like, a word that sums up your personality.

It's what I really wanted to do, but I pussied out and picked something that is at least passable as a name.

Magnetic Sex Symbol

11,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Survivor 150
Well my name is Patrick Jason N. [Last Name]
I would just ike to remove "Patrick" its such a nerdy name and my ffriends call me by that name while my reltaives call me Jason.
Whenever I hear Patrick I tihkn of a fat guy wearing glasses. zzz
Who agrees?
Have any of you ever had to change your legal name? If so, was it as tedious and inconvenient for you as it was for me? If not, have you ever considered it?

Not really. I guess I though my name was just fine. o3o
Are you a parent or are considering becoming one? If so, how badly would it piss you off if your child decided that the name you picked for them clearly wasn't to their liking, and decided to change it?

No, not that I know of, and if I had that kids wanted to, sure why not. I'd still call them by their nicknames to tick them of. 3nodding

Are you a U.S. citizen and considering reformatting your identity? If so, I could probably give you some helpful counsel. Ask me anything.

Give me juicy gossip on your relationship. emotion_dowant *tips your post*

What now? emotion_dealwithit

Generous Fatcat

8,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
uzuzu
No, not that I know of, and if I had that kids wanted to, sure why not. I'd still call them by their nicknames to tick them of. 3nodding

What sorts of sobriquets do you have in mind?

uzuzu
Give me juicy gossip on your relationship. emotion_dowant *tips your post*

What now? emotion_dealwithit

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Generous Fatcat

8,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
I-I e l l I-I o u n d

Whenever I hear Patrick I think of a fat guy wearing glasses. zzz
Who agrees?

Disagree.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Animal Lover

10,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
some people wants to change their names but it looks just like a silly idea and why you wanted to change your name, your parents took care of you and named you and in the end you do bad things? how shame emotion_facepalm

Lonely Saint

I changed my given names last year, for a good enough reason. Was easy enough, walked in an office, filled a paper, waited a week and it was done. First timer so it was free as well.

I'd feel pretty dull if my kid would change their name simply because. I don't see the point unless you have to do it, I don't understand how you can grow so displeased with your given name that you need to switch it unless there's some actual reason somewhere for it - but if they'd do, well, whatever. None of my business.
Yeah. I was kind of thinking about it myself. I don't really like my name that much because a lot of people get confused when they call me Mark as a lot of people I or my friends know are also named Mark. stare
i had my middle name changed when i was 16 ,
really wasnt worth it, i still get papers with the old/new name .
Had it changed cause my dad was, at the time, on stuff and spelt my name wrong on the certificate .

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff