Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS THREAD NEEDS MOAR RATINGS :3

No, ratings are stupid. 0.44444444444444 44.4% [ 4 ]
Yes, and I'll up-rate it, because I love Darrin. 0.22222222222222 22.2% [ 2 ]
Yes, and I'll down-rate it, because I can't stand Darrin. 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 9 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 18 19 20 >

Eloquent Shapeshifter

6,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
princess_pillow
Loco the hood
princess_pillow
No love my name.
Licks." Found ya."

Hey yes that you did. ^^ How about you? Name change?
Name change who me?
Loco the hood
princess_pillow
Loco the hood
princess_pillow
No love my name.
Licks." Found ya."

Name change who me?

Yes silly. X3

Eloquent Shapeshifter

6,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
princess_pillow
Loco the hood
princess_pillow
Loco the hood
princess_pillow
No love my name.
Licks." Found ya."

Name change who me?

Yes silly. X3
Ive not changed my name.
Loco the hood
princess_pillow
Loco the hood
princess_pillow
Loco the hood
princess_pillow
No love my name.
Licks." Found ya."

Name change who me?

Yes silly. X3
Ive not changed my name.

Do you want to if you could.

Eloquent Shapeshifter

6,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
princess_pillow
Loco the hood
princess_pillow
Loco the hood
princess_pillow

Name change who me?

Yes silly. X3
Ive not changed my name.

Do you want to if you could.
i like my name.

Kawaii Sentai

Stahlherz
The Forbidden Soul
User Image
My name was legally changed from adoption. Wasnt hard for me but im sure that my adoptive parents went through lots of paperwork for it.
User Image

That's what I would do if I adopted children. I would offer to pay for them to get new names (even first names).

I'm guessing it was just your last one that was changed, though.

User Image
Yeah :/ a boring last name at that
User Image

Aged Regular

Q:Have any of you ever had to change your legal name? If so, was it as tedious and inconvenient for you as it was for me? If not, have you ever considered it?

A: No name change yet, but I'm changing my last name as soon as my mom and I can pull together enough money. I have my dad's last name, but he didn't raise me and I'd like to have my family's name. My mom kinda guilted me into keeping my first name, I go by my middle name anyways so I figured "whatever, fine then."

Q: Are you a parent or are considering becoming one? If so, how badly would it piss you off if your child decided that the name you picked for them clearly wasn't to their liking, and decided to change it?

A: No, I don't plan on ever being a parent. If my imaginary kid change their first name, I wouldn't be mad so much as weirded out that I deemed my child one thing, and now they're something else. Like, do I call them by their legal name now? My mom never stopped calling me by my first name, no matter how many people insist on calling me Lisa.

Generous Fatcat

8,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
xX_NocturnalSupremacy_Xx
I have thought about it many times.
My name is Amanda, and it's way too popular and I just don't like it in general. Named after the Boston song, as were many of the Amanda's born in my birth year.

Wanted to change it to either Mina, Rayna, Kaia, or Maleena. My middle name is after one of my grandmother's so I wouldn't change that, and I like my last name so I would keep that as well.

I see. Have you ever inquired about it at your nearest courthouse?

Generous Fatcat

8,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
Diabolical Eevee
Stahlherz
Diabolical Eevee
I had my name legally changed a year ago. It didn't cost hundreds of dollars and I didn't need a lawyer or a bunch of goverment agencies involved. That sounds like a real hassle!

But yes, I'm glad I did it.

classified_fu crying

How is that possible? Do you live outside the U.S.?

I livez in Ohio. Maybe the rules differ from state, county, ect? I dunno. I think it was a total of about $150. I did have to pay for it to be published in the paper and meet with a magistrate, but other than that, it wasn't a big deal. That's crazy that you needed a lawyer!

I needed to deal with a lawyer to get the change of name forms, yes. It may very well have been the case I could have got them at the courthouse. I never thought to go there first.

Generous Fatcat

8,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
The Forbidden Soul
Stahlherz
The Forbidden Soul
User Image
My name was legally changed from adoption. Wasnt hard for me but im sure that my adoptive parents went through lots of paperwork for it.
User Image

That's what I would do if I adopted children. I would offer to pay for them to get new names (even first names).

I'm guessing it was just your last one that was changed, though.

User Image
Yeah :/ a boring last name at that
User Image

Mine is plenty boring too (Rowan). It's my first name people call me by, so that's all I care about.

Hot Exhibitionist

9,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Autobiographer 200
When I was 17, I wanted to change my name to "Regina Von Allen" because I'm a ******** cornball to the max. "Regina" because it's Latin for "Queen" and "Von Allen" because it's German for "of all." And again, because I am a ******** cornball.

Generous Fatcat

8,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
Lisas Tainted Mind
No name change yet, but I'm changing my last name as soon as my mom and I can pull together enough money. I have my dad's last name, but he didn't raise me and I'd like to have my family's name. My mom kinda guilted me into keeping my first name, I go by my middle name anyways so I figured "whatever, fine then."

Do you dislike your dad at all?

Hahaha guilt. My mom never tried to use guilt with me, but she did state repeatedly that she thought the whole thing was stupid and jackassed and a waste of my time and money, then added that she was calling me the name I was raised as regardless of what I did.

Lisas Tainted Mind
No, I don't plan on ever being a parent. If my imaginary kid change their first name, I wouldn't be mad so much as weirded out that I deemed my child one thing, and now they're something else. Like, do I call them by their legal name now? My mom never stopped calling me by my first name, no matter how many people insist on calling me Lisa.

They'll probably be so delighted that everyone else is calling them their new name that they won't care what you call them.

Generous Fatcat

8,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
The Mangled Masterpiece
When I was 17, I wanted to change my name to "Regina Von Allen" because I'm a ******** cornball to the max. "Regina" because it's Latin for "Queen" and "Von Allen" because it's German for "of all." And again, because I am a ******** cornball.

I wouldn't hesitate to call you the queen of all. The more people there are to witness it, the better.
I might change my legal name when I marry. I'm undecided. I have a really unique last name though, which I'd kind of like to keep. But I may just keep it for my professional name and just legally change it.

Divine Hellhound

I have two middles names... So I don't see why it wouldn't fit on a license, mine fits. But I guess they're sort of short. :/

As for getting a legal name change, for my 1st year anniversary with my wife I'm changing my last name to hers.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff