Why?
sad
This is a bad song.

Quotable Phantom

7,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Despite what anyone can classify "Love" as..

Everyone must agree that the emotion isn't fully understood until experienced.

Which at that point, the phrase "Love will make you do stupid things" is appreciated as a timeless truth.

Shameless Streaker

10,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Toothsome Phantom

To understand my views there is a bit of a story.

I didn't really think so for a while. I was a bit...unbalanced in emotion and turned to being more or less heartless and I'm just going to say it, down right slutty though high school and right before college. I dated a few guys, got bored and regardless of how much I played up the relationship saying things like 'I love you' 'You're everything' 'Lets be together forever' crap I never really meant it. I even sunk so low as to cheat once and I honestly didn't feel bad. Which is scary...

After a few one night stands I met guy, here of all places. And we dated for a while and I started to have some deep feelings for him. We talked about NOTHING for hours and I don't think I've ever had a more amazing time. Even with the absence of physical love I never grew bored, never wanted for attention, never thought of leaving. But all of that scared the crap outta me. A few years of being a bed buddy made me think this sort of relationship was a cage. What if we started living together and I was trapped. I didn't want to be with just one guy for the rest of my life! So I dumped him and started dating a guy from my college...and I was BORED.

Even with physical contact, being together almost all hours of the day. Gifts, parties and hanging out I still never had as much fun and felt the same kind of contentment from just sitting on the phone and talking. And after a year of hating my life and hating myself from leaving the one guy who regardless of distance made me feel amazing, I was the one who came crawling back to him. And like the crazy man he is he took my sorry a** back.

And so here I sit, still with him a year later. We have met already. We have plans for the future. And nothing has changed, and somehow that's not boring. I wait all day long just to hear his voice over his crappy cellphone. To hang out on Skype and just play video games, not even really talking just being together as close as we can. Planning trips and the years to come. I've never been happier.

So in a long winded story my answer is yes. Yes love is real and it scared the crap out of people sometimes. It's a horror to think of staying with one person for the rest of your life but it also comes with the warmth of knowing who that person is and knowing you'll be happy.

Yes.

Fashionable Sex Symbol

7,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
I have been, and I still am.
It feels like the best high you can be on, but if it gets bad it can be your worst nightmare.
I get physically ill over conflict, so loving someone so much it hurts for me, is easy.

Gym Leader

17,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
There are different kinds of love and they can get mixed up, but i'm going by what my definition of real love is.

Have you ever loved someone so much it hurt?
I've liked people who I couldn't have but I was close to and that hurt bad, but I found out what real love is and now I don't get hurt in bad ways.

Scared you?
At first, because I didn't want to get hurt. But i'm not afraid anymore.

Excited you?
Yes, if that's the word. smile

If so, why do some of us get so emotionally invested?
That's a part of how people function, with these feelings.

Is it really a sign of weakness when you're willing to be submissive.
NO.

How come some of us calculate it like it's a math question and try to look for logical answer?
Because they want to understand it or control it?

Is it really a emotion, or a chemical our bodies create and use as a unique way of finding a mate, just like animals do.
I believe it to be both.

Is "Love" real?
Yes, because I can feel it in me and I know it's there. I'd never leave my partner and don't take interest in any other being. smile

Timid Seeker

But, really, have you ever loved someone so much it hurt? Scared you? Excited you?
Not love, no. I felt a strong infatuation though. I felt nervous, anxious, and scared; my initial reaction was to run, but I couldn't stop looking at them or listening in when other people mentioned them in conversation.

If so, why do some of us get so emotionally invested?
For me it was partially the mystery; I didn't really know him, and when I learned more about who he was and what he was like, I didn't really like him as much. Just, I guess, most of his physical traits interested me and gave me the impression that his personality fit my "ideal guy" because everything else looked promising. I guess we fall in love with love we feed the delusion more than... actual love is like.

Is it really a sign of weakness when you're willing to be submissive?
No, it's not. In a loving relationship, two people should be free to express their emotions and weaknesses openly. They should also treat eachother with kindness, respect, and warmth -- they should take care of one another. Part of that requires you to be humble to your partner and in some cases be "submissive" to what they need in order to keep them safe and well.

How come some of us calculate it like it's a math question and try to look for logical answer?
People don't like things like strong emotions; it scares them, so they try to rationalize it. It's part of self preservation; regardless of what you feel -- whether it's fear or love or hate or envy -- you become afraid of it when it becomes so strong you feel it controls you. If an emotion is so strong that it overpowers your rational thought, your personality, your human reason... you tend to lose sense of who you are and what identifies you. A logical answer at least gives you understanding of it; some people feel like it has to be them making the decision to feel that emotion in order to allow themselves to act on it. Some people see rationality as wisdom.

Is it really a emotion, or a chemical our bodies create and use as a unique way of finding a mate, just like animals do?
Your body is what allows you to interact with the world. It is what gives you information about it, about itself, and your brain is the thinking part of you. Without it, you wouldn't be anything. So yes, it's an involuntary emotion / arousal stimulus that is created by chemicals in the body so that your brain can receive and process that data in the first place.

Is "Love" real? If yes, explain why it is. If not, explain why it isn't.
"Of course this is in your head, Harry! But why would that ever mean it isn't real?"
Ambrose Bierce defined love as a temporary insanity curable by marriage. I am inclined to agree.

Hellraiser

See A Roman Pick Him Up
ectogasm
See A Roman Pick Him Up
ectogasm
See A Roman Pick Him Up
Are we human
Or are we dancer

gonk

My sign is vital, my hands are cold
And I'm on my knees looking for the answer
Are we human or are we dancer?