Welcome to Gaia! ::

Opinionated Lunatic

17,075 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cart Raider 100
Have you ever seen an adult who is ugly, unatrractive in any way and in the mental age of a toddler or younger?

I know that I heard that those people exist. It made me feel bad about being better than them. It made me ask myself:"What did I do to deserve being better than that poor person? Why did I get luchy and he didn't?"

Discuss:
1. How does it make you feel when you see/hear about a completely(as in in nearly every way if not in every way) handicapped person?
2. When seeing people who count as less than you in something or everything, do you feel your hear dropping to your socks?
3. Or do you enjoy the so-called Schadenfreude?

Damnit this thread makes me feel like a total cocky dumbass, but it's the only way to get this off my mind.
Or how about when you are beating somebody at a game so horribly, that you scale it back and let them catch up to give them confidence?

Idk, I always won whenever we'd play a game. Not even being a snob, winning was the norm for me. So I got used to scaling it back so people wouldn't get so pissed off when they lost.

Aged Regular

Gurl please,
I'm better than everybody.
talk2hand
i dont feel pity for those people, i think that would be the most disrespectful thing you could do to them. Im going to treat them like i would anyone else.
I'm not arrogant enough to think like that.

Familiar Poster

I don't see how any of that makes you better than them, from what you typed OP I imagine your one of those prudes who doesn't know how to live life.

Friendly Informer

7,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Informer 100
User Image xxx User Image xxx User Image

I actually feel grateful for the things I have after seeing them, rather than feeling bad.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adored Admirer

I don't feel bad. "Suck it up and stay down." - Niko Bellic
I think mentally/physically handicapped people can be powerful. eek To have to put up with all of the bs their peers deal out to them (depending on the handicap) and still be a wonderful person is inspiring.

I usually think I'm better than someone when they're malicious and I'm not. rolleyes

Celebrating Conversationalist

8,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Sunny Side Up 100
Change In Continuum
I think mentally/physically handicapped people can be powerful. eek To have to put up with all of the bs their peers deal out to them (depending on the handicap) and still be a wonderful person is inspiring.

I usually think I'm better than someone when they're malicious and I'm not. rolleyes

aye, They have the pontential to become martyrs with ease. Theres this one popular handicapped guy at my school, he's on the football team, and everyone in the school likes him. If someone ever messed with him, he'd have pretty much an army in under a day.
anonkidz
Change In Continuum

aye, They have the pontential to become martyrs with ease. Theres this one popular handicapped guy at my school, he's on the football team, and everyone in the school likes him. If someone ever messed with him, he'd have pretty much an army in under a day.
Oh, there's a difference between playing the martyr and being normal.

Patronized: There is this girl who everyone will welcome. She's nice and all, but sometimes I intend to have dinner with a particular friend or my boyfriend. They just can't say no to her and will let her do and say whatever she wants. Another girl has a stub for a right arm, and she plays it up as much as she can. She's nice and all, but her arm always gets in the way of people treating her the same as anyone else, and it gets in the way of her treating herself the same as others.

Normal: There was a girl in my high school who I was friends with. She had a false leg from the knee down and an evident limp, but it didn't make her any more special. She'd work hard as stage manager, she'd joke around about things without having to bring up her leg, and she'd answer questions directly and to the point when asked about it. It wasn't glorified. It wasn't ignored. It wasn't pitied. It was just part of her, and nothing more.
1. How does it make you feel when you see/hear about a completely(as in in nearly every way if not in every way) handicapped person?
Hmm, I feel sorry for them at that moment.

2. When seeing people who count as less than you in something or everything, do you feel your heart dropping to your socks?
Not really, I just feel bad for that people but try not to think too much about them.

Hahahahaha no, of course not!

Opinionated Lunatic

17,075 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cart Raider 100
Spotofhonesty
I'm not arrogant enough to think like that.

I', not talking about arrogance, I'm talking about those unfortunate people who can't do anything but flip their hands and scream at age 21. And never knew anything other than that.

Opinionated Lunatic

17,075 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cart Raider 100
Vaviel
Hahahahaha no, of course not!

I'm happy to find other sane people. xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas