Welcome to Gaia! ::

I notice that a lot of people think that they are ugly or fat or anything like that, so they have low self-esteem. But, why do we humans want to change our body, if we are going to get older and older, and eventually die? After some age, we begin to notice that we aren’t as young as before, and other problems due to that will come and we can't do nothing about it. We all are going to die someday, so we should focus on being happy and meet the right people ^^

Do you agree with me or have other opinions? Express yourself please 3nodding
I think you should change you title it is misleading and will get you a lot of people who aren't going to read the first post.
Angel Kumara
I think you should change you title it is misleading and will get you a lot of people who aren't going to read the first post.

ok..but what kind of title?
Perhaps... I don't know, it is hard to decides.
Yeah but for some people vanity = happiness.
There are people who look amazing for their old age, though. You know - they still look their age, but in a really good way? For example, my grandmother (my dad's mom) was extremely beautiful even with wrinkles and stuff. She was fair, and her eyes were really soft and kind. I think it takes a beautiful personality to stay beautiful even in old age. Plus she took care of herself - eating the right food, getting a good night's rest - that kind of stuff.

We'll all eventually get old, and we shouldn't let the aging process stop us from being beautiful people, no matter our age.

Dapper Man-Lover

That's like trying to use "you'll just end up dirty again" as an excuse to not bathe regularly.

Some people like to "doll themselves up" because it boosts their self-esteem. There's nothing wrong with that. The fact that we get older shouldn't discourage people from wanting to look attractive.
Well that's why no one should rely on their looks alone, no matter how pretty they are. Most of the cultures I know are rather youth-centric, particularly if you're female.

4,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
THats like saying to a murderer;

"Why change? People will only remember you for the badness you did"

&& Uhm. Have you SEEN Madonna? She's in her 50s doesn't look it. Somethinga can be better

Shy Sweetheart

12,850 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
Pesche
Life is what you make it. People with low self-esteem who are overweight WANT to look better because it will make them happy. Yes, we're all going to die someday, but until then, we can do whatever we want. Get it?
Pesche

3nodding
Bahaha, this reminds me.

When I had really bad self esteem, as a joke, I would tell myself that all the pretty girls in my school will eventually get old and fat while I'll stay looking young :B
It's in the family genes to look younger than our actual age when we're in our adulthood.
It's not a escuse, we all know what will happen in the end. sad It has nothing to do if people should bathe or not, or if a murder should change. If you don't feel confident with your body, what can you do? Of course, you can lose weight, and stuff, but changing your face isn't possible without plastic surgery which is very dangerous. We all feel confident when we "doll up", I am not saying that that is not correct.
What I meant to say is that sometimes we are so obsessed with changing the way we are, that when we realize, we didn't have the chance to be happy and enjoy life. Besides, just because we put make up we are still the way we are. We should just accept the way we are and find things that we like in our body/face.
Sometimes we just worry too much about something, but, when we get older, we will have problems with our teeth, bones... which is much more serious than not liking our eyes or hair or whatever.

Yes, there are amazing people who look so well in their age. And I admire those people, but why been so superficial about the way we look, when there are so many important things we our life.
We shouldn't care if someone looks prettier or not, we should be confident the way we are and enjoy life because we all are gonna die and in the end, our body will disappear but the memories of our friends who liked us for what we are will stay forever. heart
It's funny how you say, "we're all going to die someday, so let's look forward to being happy."

Anyway, aging often strikes fear in people. It's not just about beauty. With age comes inability at times, fragility. I know plenty of people that fear that they can't take care of themselves or that they'll be a burden to loved ones.

People like beautiful things, which is often other beautiful people. Inside or out, I wonder...why not be focused on changing? Not for others, but in general? If you are truly that displeased with yourself, it isn't a crime to want surgeries. If it's their money, let them mold themselves into what they feel to be beautiful.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff