Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Consumer

5,150 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Consumer 100
I'm a little tired of people who go on and on that there's no such this as "emo," and that "emo" is a genre of music, and nothing more.

You know lasers, radars, and sonar? They're acronyms. They stand for "light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation," "radio detecting and ranging," and "sound navigation and ranging," respectively. So technically, they should be spelled as L.A.S.E.R, R.A.D.A.R, and S.O.N.A.R.

So why dosn't anybody spell them that way? Because society decided sometime down the road that they would just make them regular words. People had begun to use them that way, and after a while that's just what they became. Very rarely, if ever, even in scientific or military documents do you find these words spelled in their original acronym forms.

So what has that got to do with emos? Well, it's worked in much the same way. Sure, emo used to only describe a genre of music. But it's not anymore. Now it defines both the music and the people who choose to act...well...emo. Why? Because that's what our society has chosen to call them, and that's what most people think when they hear the word "emo"...the people.

So you can scream and cry that emo is only music all you want, but you might as well try to convince us that a laser is still an acronym. Thank you for listening to my rant, and I apologize for any lack of coherency or not-articulateness XD
hear you out. this isnt the 19th century. people cant expect everything to stay the same.
i slightly agree with you. actually, i do agree... i just dont use labels.
Lol I only use labels on people who label themselves.
You can't truly define the word 'emo'.

Fashionable Consumer

5,150 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Consumer 100
Yeah, I don't really "label" people either, but if that's what they wanna call themselves then I'm not gonna tell them otherwise sweatdrop
Agreed

Thus labeling is annoying and those who label themselves are even more annoying, I tend to snap at the 2th kind.
I didn't even bother to read what you have to say. I'm just sick of all these emo topics in general.

Fashionable Consumer

5,150 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Consumer 100
glitterveins
I didn't even bother to read what you have to say. I'm just sick of all these emo topics in general.

Well then, how do you know this is even an emo topic if you didn't read it? It concerns emos, but I don't think the topic itself is of an emo nature. I'm not even emo myself XD
great topic i truely agree about this and that i think labeling and stuff.z

Fashionable Consumer

5,150 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Consumer 100
Anyone gonna dispute me? *poke*
ok........ question
I hate that word.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items